Lucky.

Forever
You woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs the next morning. Stretching out your limbs, it took you a couple of seconds before the confusion hit, who’s making breakfast when both of your parents are gone and Chanyeol has been banned from cooking in the kitchen by himself? Rubbing your eyes, you got out of bed groggily and headed for the kitchen.
 
“Channie? What did we say about coo-” Suho interrupted you, mid-sentence with a bright smile on his face.
 
“Morning sweetie.”
 
Your eyes grew to the size of saucers at the sound of his voice, you’re definitely awake now.
 
“S-suho? What are you doing here so early on a Saturday?”
 
“Err… Well, Chanyeol called me last night and told me about how stressed you looked and I’m pretty much free all day so I decided to drop by and surprise you with breakfast.”
 
Right on cue, Chanyeol stepped out of the washroom all put together in his grey button up and black skinny jeans while laughing at your current state.
 
“Nice hair noona.”
 
With a loud groan, you ran back into your room and rushed to get changed.
 
“Channie! You have to tell me about these things!”
 
“Sorry noona! Suho hyung and I wanted to surprise you but I kind of forgot about the whole bed head part that comes with Suho hyung arriving so early. Oh, and nice choice of PJs too noona, did you get that when you were like 13?”
 
“Shut it! It’s not my fault I haven’t grown since then!”
 
With another frustrated groan, you got ready in record time and walked into the kitchen to an amused Suho and laughing Chanyeol.
 
“You clean up good noona.” Chanyeol flashed you a quick thumbs up while you responded with a glare.
 
“Don’t even.”  Your glare remained on Chanyeol’s face for a couple of seconds before you turned towards Suho with an apologetic smile. “I’m so sorry you had to see that.”
 
“Aww don’t worry about it sweetie, it was my fault for not thinking this through as well. You looked perfectly fine to me though, come on, let’s have some breakfast before the food gets cold.” Suho gave you a quick peck on the cheek as he pulled your chair out then took a seat next to you.
 
You returned Suho’s peck with a kiss on his lips, then pouted slightly as you spoke, “Thanks for the breakfast and for coming over Suho, I missed you.”

“I missed you too sweetie, we’ll have to catch up once you’re less busy.”
 
“Oh! Right! That reminds me, I’m planning to invite Chanyeol’s friends over to celebrate his recovery and the end of the semester two Saturdays from now. Are you free that day?”
 
“Haha yep, Chanyeol actually told me about this over the phone last night. “
 
“Oh really?” Chanyeol flashed you a cheeky grin while you shook your head in amusement. “I see the two of you have been bonding just fine as well.”
 
Suho chuckled before replying, “Chanyeol is like the younger brother I never had.”
 
“Really? You can take him then!”
 
The three of you laughed while making more small talk during breakfast. Chanyeol cleared his plate within minutes and even stole a portion of Suho’s omelette from his plate.
 
“Man, Suho hyung can cook too. This one’s a keeper noona.”
 
Both yours and Suho’s cheeks flushed a light pink at Chanyeol’s teasing tone.
 
“Shut up and eat.”  
 
“Okay jeeze, I’m just saying… You’re not even married yet and you’re always taking his side.”
 
“Chanyeol!” You reached over the table and knocked his forehead with your knuckles.
 
“Okay, okay! I got it, no need to get so violent, Suho hyung doesn’t need to see this side of you yet!”
 
“Yah!!!” Laughing, Chanyeol leaned back and dodged your second attempt to hit him.
 
“Now, now noona, please do calm down and finish your breakfast before it gets cold.”
 
You flashed Chanyeol one last glare before bringing your attention back to Suho.
 
“Sorry about that, my brother is an idiot, are you sure you still want him?”
 
“Haha, it’s fine sweetie. I actually find your relationship with Chanyeol really cute. It’s nice that the two of you are so close.”
 
You couldn’t help but feel giddy after hearing what Suho had to say. Chanyeol is a huge part of your life and for Suho to understand that really means a lot to you.
 
“Really?”
 
“Yes really, the two of you are absolutely adorable.”
 
“Aww, Suho.” You gave Suho a peck on the cheek while Chanyeol proceeded to make gagging noises on the side.
 
“Seriously hyung, I was just beginning to think that you were cool too. Please do no associate me with the words cute and adorable.” Chanyeol shuddered while you chuckled.
 
“Aww is my baby brother embarrassed?” You gave him a quick pat on the head and pinched his cheeks lightly.
 
“Noona! I’m not a kid anymore!”
 
“I know, but you’ll always be baby Channie in my eyes.”
 
“Ughhh, nooo! Suho hyung, stop her! You’ve created a monster!”
 
“Haha, alright you two.  How about we finish breakfast peacefully?”
 
Letting go of Chanyeol, the two of you finally calmed down and finished the rest of the breakfast that Suho had prepared. You don’t know what it is that Suho did while on the phone on Chanyeol but you had a hitch that Chanyeol is feeling better now thanks to Suho.
 
After breakfast, Chanyeol went up to his room while you walked Suho to the door.
 
“Thanks for everything today Suho.”
 
“Anything for you sweetie. Good luck on your exams and don’t over exert yourself okay?”
 
“Mmm, maybe.”
 
Suho raised his eyebrows and held your hands, lightly rubbing the inside of your palms. “Maybe?”
 
“I’ll try, you know me…”
 
Suho sighed but smiled at your reply. “That’s better than nothing. I’ll see you on Monday then?”
 
“Yep, oh and, I don’t know what you did but thanks for making Chanyeol feel better. He seemed a little stressed last night but he looks much more relaxed now.”
 
 “You’re welcome sweetie but… how did you know I had something to do with it?”
 
You placed your pointer finger below you chin and looked up, as if you were thinking real hard about your answer. “Mmm, just a feeling.”
 
Suho cocked his head to the side, his eyebrows slightly furrowed as he spoke. “Just a feeling?”
 
“Yep, call it a woman’s intuition if you will haha.”
 
“…and you’re not going to ask me what Chanyeol’s problem was about?”
 
“Nah, if Channie wants me knowing, he’ll tell me. I’m protective but I’m not really into snooping around and poking my nose into his business.”
 
“Haha alright then, I will let you know that the situation should be fine now. Chanyeol is really lucky to have an older sister like you; I think you care about him more than you care about yourself.”
 
“Well of course! He’s my baby brother. If I don’t look after him, who will?”
 
Smiling, Suho pressed his lips against your forehead then replied, “and that’s another thing I love about you sweetie. It’s hard to find people who actually care about others whole-heartedly nowadays.”
 
“That makes two of us then. I can tell you really care about Channie as well. Thank you for putting in so much effort to help him out.” You returned Suho gesture with a quick kiss.
 
“I hope you don’t think I’m coming on too strong when I say this but Chanyeol is your younger brother and that makes me see him as my younger brother as well. It’s only normal to take care of your loved ones right? You’re always looking after Chanyeol and I’d like to be a part of that that.”
 
“Aww Suho, that has got to be the sweetest thing I have ever heard. Thank you. I don’t know how I got a guy like you but I’m thankful that I did.”
 
“You’re welcome sweetie,” Suho brushed your hair behind your ears and looked you in the eyes while speaking “and trust me when I say that I’m the one who is lucky to have a girl so caring and kind like you in my life.”