Family.

Forever
Chanyeol’s celebration dinner went by quickly, and a number of things were talked about. It was mostly the guys reminiscing over their elementary days and panicking over graduation. You couldn’t believe that these monkeys are going to be in High School next year. You assured that High School would be perfectly fine for them; in fact, you had a feeling that these guys would finally shine. High School isn’t like how it is in the movies anymore, people actually like the artsy students.
 
“So, what you’re saying noona, is that people would find Jongin attractive while he’s dressed in a leotard?”
 
“What?! Why are you bringing me up? It’s not like I’m the one who’s going to graduate. You really .” 
 
Baekhyun seemed to be on a roll with mocking Jongin today, but felt bad now that he remembered that Jongin is a grade below the trio. “Eh, right… Sorry about that. But I still want noona to answer that question.” Baekhyun pouted, and you would have fallen for his puppy eyes if you didn’t know that a trickster existed beneath all that supposed innocence. 
 
“Okay, no, what I mean is that people will actually start appreciating your talents.”
 
“Just cause you like someone who sings doesn’t mean that everybody is into that stuff noona.”  Chanyeol frowned and played with his food again.
 
“I don’t know, I think Haemi unnie is right.” Soojin finally spoke after watching the guys joke around all day, only joining in every now and then.
 
“Yes! Thank you Soojin!”
 
“Haha you’re welcome… and um… if you don’t mind, I’m still really curious about how you and Suho-ssi met…”
 
“Oh right! We were so caught up today that completely forgot! Suho is better at telling this story than I am, so he can do all the talking.”
 
Suho talked about how you had bumped into him during your first encounter. He wasn’t watching where he was going and caused you to drop your bag in the process. Suho was so embarrassed that he didn’t even know what to do. He then proceeded to describe the internal dilemma he had over introducing himself to you or not that day. He ultimately shied away, but was luckily given another opportunity to meet you again.
 
“Awe, oh my gosh, that’s so romantic. Love at first sight… isn’t that adorable Chanyeol?” Soojin grabbed Chanyeol’s hand out of habit, an action that the two wouldn’t have even thought about back when they were kids. Chanyeol’s face flushed at the contact and agreed with Soojin while stuttering.
 
“Um yeah, I guess.” After Chanyeol replied, Soojin realized her hands were clasped around Chanyeol’s and let go right away, a light pink hue emerged on her cheeks.
 
“I can’t take this anymore! How many more hints can a girl give you?!” Baekhyun tugged at his hair out of frustration and shocked the entire table with his sudden outburst. Everyone grew quiet, and the area became completely silent until Jongin finally spoke up.
 
“Um… Yeah, I have to agree with Baekhyun hyung on that one. Even someone as oblivious as me can tell.”
 
You looked over at Chanyeol then back at Soojin before getting up from your seat to usher the guys out of the dining room.
 
“How about we give the two of them some space? You guys can help me do the dishes while I go check on the oreo cake.”
 
“Oreo cake?!?!!”
 
Everyone got up immediately, completely forgetting about the problem at hand at the mention of their favourite dessert. You took one glance at Chanyeol and couldn’t help but smile at how confused he looked, he was in complete loss of what he should do. You pointed at the living room, indicating that he should talk to Soojin somewhere a little more private then gave him a quick thumbs up. Suho patted Chanyeol’s back and gave him a thumbs up as well as he made his way to you. After Chanyeol and Soojin left, you gave Baekhyun a small smack over his head.
 
“Ow! What was that for noona?!”
 
“As much as I’d like to commend you for trying to help, Soojin is still a relatively shy girl and that could have been really embarrassing for her.”
 
“Oh jeeze, don’t worry about a single thing. I’ve known about Soojin’s crush on Chanyeol since before I knew that he liked her as well. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind, in fact, I think she might even thank us. And if we’re lucky, maybe the two idiots will walk in smiling and holding hands later.”
 
“Hmm, I think so too sweetie.” Suho gave you a thoughtful smile to reassure you that everything would turn out just fine.
 
“Alright, if you guys say so, but that was still uncalled for, you’re getting your slice of oreo cake last today Baek.”
 
“What?! No fair! I was just trying to help them.”
 
“Oh calm down Baek, it’s not like she’s refusing to give you a slice.”
 
“No one asked for your opinion Soo.” Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped at Baekhyun’s attitude.
 
“Fine, be that way.”
 
While the duo continued to bicker, Jongin was already halfway through cleaning the table.
 
“Noona, where do put your gloves? I have a cut on my hand so I can’t really wash the dishes without one.”
 
“Oh, thanks for clearing the table Jongin. And don’t worry about it, I can do the dishes with Suho.”
 
“Okay, I guess I’ll just watch some t–” Jongin was planning to go to the living room but remembered that the area is currently occupied. “Oh wait, never mind, I’ll just sit here.”
 
“Haha don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll be done soon. You wanna help me get the cake out and clear the counter instead?”
 
“Okay.”
 
“Thanks again Jongin, and hey you two over there, can you stop bickering and be productive like Jongin?”
 
“Sorry noona!”
 
You laughed as the boys cleared up the garbage on the kitchen counter at lightning speed. Feeling satisfied, you turned around to your boyfriend who was already helping you with the dishes. This brought a smile to your face.
 
“Thanks Suho.” You pecked Suho on the cheek then grabbed a towel to dry the dishes.
 
“You’re welcome sweetie. I never knew you had so much authority over people other than Chanyeol.”
 
“Haha really?”
 
“Yeah, just look at those kids.”
 
You looked over at your shoulder just in time to see Baekhyun tying up the garbage bag and dragging it out the door.
 
“Hmm, I guess you’re right.”
 
“Yep, you’d make a wonderful mother in the future.”
 
“Me, a wonderful mother? Are you sure about that? I’m so clumsy and forgetful. My alarm clock also hates me, I always seem to be in a rush.”
 
“Don’t worry, I’ve got that part covered. You can do the disciplining sweetie.”
 
“You make it sound like I’m going to have kids with you for sure, what if I don’t want any?”
 
“Are you sure? That’s disappointing; our kids would be so adorable.” Suho finished washing the dishes at this time and turned off the facet. He then removed his gloves tandpecked you on the nose while holding your hands in his. “Imagine a little girl with your eyes and a little boy with a toothy smile like mine. What do you think about that sweetie?”
 
Blushing, you buried your face into Suho’s chest to hide the smile that appeared on your face at the thought of having a family with him.
 
“I’m assuming that means you want kids sweetie.”
 
You looked up at Suho with a thoughtful expression. “Let me think about it, we aren’t even married yet Suho.”
 
Yet, I’ll take that as you wanting to get married to me as well.”
 
“Haha what?! You have to propose first!”
 
“Right, I’ll go ring shopping soon.”
 
“Oh my gosh Suho! We’re both still in school.”
 
“I graduate next year.”
 
“Mmm, I still have two years left though.” You frowned at the thought of having two more years of essays, assignments, projects and exams ahead of you.
 
“Don’t worry sweetie,” Suho pulled you into a hug, then pressed his lips against yours. “I know, I can wait.”
 
“Ew! Get a room you two!”
 
“Oh calm down you dorks!”
 
Just as Baekhyun was about to retaliate, a grinning Chanyeol and timid Soojin walked into the room, hand in hand.
 
“Called it! That’s five bucks Soo.”
 
“Ugh, no! Where is your extremely creepy smile when I need it Chanyeol?”
 
“Were you guys betting on my brother?”
 
Baekhyun’s face drained of colour while Kyungsoo’s eyes grew to the size of an owl’s for the second time today.
 
“… No…”
 
“The two of you just bring out the best in each other don’t you? How about you guys sit here and behave while we eat cake okay?”
 
“We’ll try.”
 
“No promises noona.”
 
You rolled your eyes and went to get the cake. The boys and Soojin sat down after you left, instantly teasing Soojin and Chanyeol when you were out of earshot. When you returned, they stopped what they were doing instantly and started to talk about whatever their brains could muster up.
 
“Suho, can you hand me the plates once I finish cutting the cake?”
 
“Yep.”
 
You cut the cake up quickly and gave everybody a piece while also remembering to save two slices for your parents. The boys shut up immediately, and dug into their dessert. Soojin, on the other hand, brought her fork up to feed Chanyeol. Chanyeol was surprised, but took a bit anyway.
 
“Thanks.” Blushing, Chanyeol fed Soojin some of his cake as well. “Do you like it?”
 
Soojin, bobbed her head right away. “Yeah, it’s delicious.”
 
“Oh Baeky, do you like the cake?” Jongin raised his voice to imitate Soojin’s and fed Baekhyun while the older played along.
 
“Oh yes, it’s sweet but not as sweet as you.” Baekhyun lowered his voice in an attempt to copy Chanyeol’s, but sounded like a long time smoker instead.
 
Laughing, you ignored them and attempted to eat your cake in peace. Boys will be boys. You then turned to face Suho and was shocked to see a fork full of oreo cake in front of you.
 
“Say ah, sweetie.” Oh no, not Suho too! But then again, knowing Suho, this was probably genuine and not something to tease the kids with. You ended up taking a bite from his fork and returned the gesture by feeding him right afterwards.
 
“How does it taste?”
 
“Amazing. Seriously, what is there that you can’t do sweetie?”
 
“I can’t hold a note to save my life and I have trouble keeping track of time.”
 
“That’s okay, like I said before, I can be in charge of that.”