I Think I Just Might Like You.

Forever

 

You woke up with a kink in your neck and a jacket draped over your torso. With blurred vision, you scanned your surroundings, panicking for a split second before you remembered why you’re here at the hospital. Chanyeol! You got up with a start and almost fell over if not for the strong arms that caught you.
 
“Are you okay?” S-suho? You looked up immediately at the sound of his voice, your wide eyes meeting Suho’s bright ones.
 
“Y-yeah, I’m fine. Thank you…”
 
“You’re welcome.”
 
“And for last night as well, thanks, I’m sorry about what happened… I’m usually more composed but Chanyeol, he’s… I get really worked up over him.”
 
“It’s okay, don’t worry about it. Chanyeol is your younger brother, it’s normal for you to react that way. Oh your parents just left by the way, something about a meeting.” You nodded your head in acknowledgement.
 
“Thank you, and um… were you here the entire night?”
 
“Haha no, I was here until your parents arrived last night. I came over to check up on you though since you were quite shaken up yesterday.” You blushed at the memory of Suho comforting you as you cried last night.
 
“Yeah… Chanyeol’s my baby brother so I tend to overreact.”
 
“No worries, like I said, it’s understandable. Which reminds me, Chanyeol is awake, I came here to tell you that.”
 
“Really? Thank you so much Suho oppa!” You sprinted towards Chanyeol’s room and opened the door quickly, startling the nurse who’s currently adjusting Chanyeol’s IV drip. Chanyeol looked up at you and smiled.
 
“Morning noona!” You felt tears welling in your eyes and wrapped your arms around Chanyeol.
 
“You idiot!” You hugged your baby brother tight while his arms were held up awkwardly. It took him a few moments and the awkward scurrying footsteps of the leaving nurse before he relaxed and wrapped his arms around you. “I thought I was going to lose you! What were you thinking?! Didn’t I teach you to look both ways before crossing the street?!”
 
Chanyeol felt like he was a ten years old again, quickly speaking up to defend himself.
 
“But I did noona! It’s not my fault that the guy ran a red light!” You let go of Chanyeol and stared at how worked up Chanyeol was; it’s the same expression he wore whenever he got in trouble with you. Wiping your tears away, you looked at his round eyes again before a soft giggle left your lips. Soon the giggles turned into a full out laugh, scaring your confused brother. “Noona.. Noona? Oh my god! You’ve gone crazy, I’m so sorry! I won’t do anything like this ever again, next time I’ll watch both ways, twice!”
 
After taking in several deep breaths, you calmed yourself down pushed your pointer finger on Chanyeol’s head.
 
“Don’t worry noona hasn’t gone crazy just yet, I just… I made such a scene out of what happened and here you are being the same old childish Chanyeol, more afraid of getting into trouble with me than tending your injuries.” You sighed and pulled Chanyeol in for another hug. “I’m glad you’re okay.”
 
Chanyeol smiled and returned your hug.
 
“And I’m glad you haven’t gone crazy.” You got up and smacked his arm lightly. Chanyeol winced slightly at the impact causing you to retract your hand immediately, eyes wide.
 
“Oh my gosh are you okay? Did I hurt you Channie?” Chanyeol pouted purposely and rubbed his arm. “Sorry, noona didn’t mean to.” Your eyebrows furrowed while inspected his arm only for Chanyeol to chuckle.
 
“Haha, I was just kidding noona, I’m fine. Fit as a tiger!” You tsked your younger brother then scolded him for scaring you.
 
“Don’t you ever do that again.”
 
“Okay, okay, I w-.” Chanyeol stopped speaking halfway and looked at the doorway with his head cocked to the side. You followed his line of vision and gasped, you forgot about Suho. “Who are you?”
 
Suho smiled sheepishly with his right hand on the back of his neck.
 
“Um… Hi, I’m Suho, a friend of your sister's.” Chanyeol looked at Suho with his eyes squinted then back at you; your expression was one of slight embarrassment allowing Chanyeol to but two and two together.
 
“Oooh, you’re the guy that noona ke-” You threw your hand over Chanyeol’s mouth and smiled awkwardly at Suho. You felt something wet on your hands and pulled back, Chanyeol had just your palm.  
 
“Eww Channie!!!”
 
“Your fault. Anyways like I was saying Suho, you’re the guy that noona keeps texting aren’t you? Are you dating my sister? How old are you? Faculty? Major? Hobbies?” Chanyeol had his arms crossed and eyes narrowed, inspecting Suho and causing the older male to shuffle awkwardly.
 
“Chanyeol! Stop it! Suho oppa isn’t my boyfriend.” You stood up from your chair and went over to Suho. “I’m so sorry about my brother, just ignore him.” You had half expected Suho to leave the room but what he did next surprised you completely. Suho walked over to Chanyeol and answered all of his questions.
 
“I would assume that I’m the male you’re sister has been texting, though I’m not too sure about any other males she is acquainted with since we have only been friends for a little while. The two of us aren’t dating, though, truthfully I wouldn’t mind that at all. I’m twenty-two years old, so it’s Suho hyung or shii to you. I’m in the Fine Arts faculty and I major in voice. I enjoy dancing and I guess you can add video games to my list of hobbies like most other males.” You were gaping at Suho with your mouth open wide; did he just say he wanted to date me?
 
“Hmm Suho-shii, I think I just might like you.” Chanyeol extended his right hand and waited for Suho to shake it.
 
“Haha thank you? I think I just might like you as well Chanyeol.”
 
Chanyeol took another glance at Suho then turned to face you and held his thumb up.
 
“Not bad noona, your taste in men is actually okay, I approve of this one.”