Seven

I Tried
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What’s happening to you, Sohee-ah?” Hyuna noticed when they were in the dining hall of their school. “These last two days, you’re always not in the mood?”

“Don’t mind me, Hyuna. I was just not feeling well.” 

Sohee’s been gloomy since she knew about Jiyong’s relationship to Sooyeon.

“Oh, well—look who’s coming,” Hyuna said and nudged her a little. “The love birds. Are they really a couple now? I noticed that they stick to each other like glue.” Hyuna was sarcastic.

She already knew why her best friend was so dull these past few days. It’s because of Jiyong. Sohee was so transparent to Hyuna that even though she tried hard to keep what she was feeling to herself, Hyuna can easily see through her. They’re been bestfriends since young, maybe not longer than Jiyong and Sohee… But Hyuna knew her the most.

She didn’t want to look at them but Jiyong would wonder if she won’t greet them. Never mind Sooyeon. She didn’t care what she thinks and says.

So when the couple approached the two best friends, Sohee had a ready smile for them.

“Annyong, Sohee,” Jiyong said. He looked intensely to her. “Why were you not going home with us these past days?” He asked.

“I’m busy with extra activities here at school.” She said.

“Ows? You should tell the truth, Sohee-ah. Maybe you don’t walk home with us because you’re jealous that oppa and I are a couple now.” Sooyeon mocked her, but she was the only one to notice that she’s mocking her since her voice was sweet.

It was always like that. That damn sweet voice mocking her.

Jiyong faced Sooyeon, and in reprimanding voice: “Sohee’s maybe still a little upset that we kept that as a secret to her. We are supposed to be friends and we didn’t—”

“No big deal, guys,” she said. “Why are we having this conversation? To tell you the truth, I don’t want to be the third wheel, so I don’t bother to walk home with the two of you.”

“Don’t tell me, you’re going home alone?” Jiyong asked

“I’m with Hyuna sometimes. And what’s wrong with that?”

“What?!! You went home ALONE?!” Jiyong suddenly shout. “You went alone SOMETIMES without any chaperone? What if something happened to you? It’s late and you went home alone. God, Sohee! What were you thinking?” he demanded almost angrily to the surprised of everyone.

“Whoa, Jiyong!” She said laughing. “You’re are overreacting. It’s not a long walk from school to our house.”

“But if you’re doing extra activities here in school, I’m sure you always went home late. Maybe not that late, but it’s evening and dark.”

“So what if she went home alone everyday? It’s not your problem Jiyong.” Sooyeon said irritably.

“Sohee’s only thirteen to go home without a chaperone, Sooyeon.” He angrily answered to his girlfriend. “She’s like a kid sister to me, you know that. I don’t want anything to happen to her. Besides, I always walk her home to be sure she’s safe and sound.”

Ouch! That hurts.A kid sister. Her hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter