twenty-one

I Tried
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 It's not edited so, sorry if there are grammar mistakes.

 

Sohee locked her door and threw herself on her bed. She inhaled deeply, trying to compose herself because she’s panicking inside. What did Jiyong ate that made him suddenly courageous and visited her here, at their dorm?

She got her phone and dialed her best friend’s number, hoping that she didn’t have any training at the time.

“Sohee~” Her best friend squealed on the other line. “You finally remember that you have a best friend, I thought you already forgotten me!”

She rolled her eyes. “Hyuna, we just talked last week. And you know we’re both busy, you’re exhausted every day because of your training and --”

“Yeah yeah I know I know. So why’d you called?”

“Jiyong’s here.”

There was a silence on the other line. “Can you repeat that? Did you just say that Jiyong is there? As in Kwon Jiyong, your freaking guy best friend? That Jiyong? Is there? Where? At your dorm?”

“Yes, that Jiyong! We don’t know other Jiyong than him, do we? And yes he’s here, at our dorm. Yeeun unnie invited him for dinner.”

“But why is he even there?”

“To visit me, obviously. He said so to unnie. Yeeun unnie is already suspicious of what my relationship to Jiyong when she saw us last time. What if they’ll ask about us?”

“Why? Are you sick?”

“Yah!! Hyuna, stop joking, I’m serious here.”

“Why so serious? I’m just trying to lighten up your mood, but I guess it’s not working.”

“Hyuna~” She whined.

“Okay, fine. But why are you making it a big deal, so what if he’s there? Ignore him, like you always do. And besides, he’ll behave because your members are there so calm your nerves. And if they ask what the real deal between you and Jiyong is, why don’t you tell them the truth? Don’t you think your members deserve to know about your past? I’m sure they’re very curious why you acted cold to him without any reason.”

“But I’m not ready to tell them yet.” She doesn’t want to talk about anything related to Jiyong, it’ll just open old wounds.

“You can’t hide it from them forever especially now that Jiyong is really serious to be in your life again. You know him better than anyone else, Sohee, he was your best friend... He wants you back and I’m sure he’ll never stop until you are by his side again.”

She sighed. She suddenly felt like all her energy was drained. “I know that. That’s why I’m afraid. I don’t want him to be in my life again but knowing him, he’ll know how to make my barriers crumble.”

“Why don’t you give him another chance, to be your friend again?”

“You of all people know why I can’t.” she didn’t want to be his best friend again, it’ll just hurt her, the pain she went through before was already enough, she don’t need that again.

Their talk was cut short because Yeeun called Sohee. Apparently, Yeeun can’t finish what she was cooking for the reason that JYP called her to talk some important matter so she left the unfinished meal on the hands of Sohee.

She was now alone with the one person she least want to be with. Bad luck was surely on Sohee’s side that time.

She left Jiyong at their living room and silently continued to cook what Yeeun left. The dish does not have need of her full attention but since he was at there, leisurely seated at their sofa, she didn’t want to be there.

She texted the others to know what time will they arrived and to her dismay, they replied that they’ll be late. It was like her other members talked and planned to abandon her at their dorm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter