twenty-five

I Tried
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sohee and Sunye were getting ready for their schedule for the day.  They were the new emcees together with TOP in Music Core for the following months.  Sohee was a little bit excited and nervous at the same time since it was her first time to be an emcee for a show.  She never had a chance to try it before and she also never expected and imagined herself as one for the reason that she was shy and didn’t talk much.  Being an emcee required her to be talkative even though there was script given to them; there were still times that they needed to put an adlib.

Another thing was, she was put on the spotlight.  It was different while performing because they were five of them on the stage; the attention of the audience was divided.  While being an emcee, all eyes will be on her when she talked.  She was also afraid to make a mistake.

She was reading the cue cards given to her when Seunghyun approached her.  Even though she knew him because of their collaboration stage, she still not that comfortable with him and the other boys like her members to them; he was still like a stranger to her.  It was not easy for her to be cozy around strangers and make friends with others.  So, when he approached her, she only gave him a small smile and bowed to acknowledge his presence.

“Is this your first time to be an emcee?” Seunghyun was trying to make a conversation to her before it was time for them to go to the studio.

Sohee looked away on the cue cards that she had been reading and turned her attention to Seunghyun.  “Yes, sunbaenim, it’s my first time.”  She politely answered him with a smile plastered on her lips.

“Don’t be so formal to me Sohee.  You can call me oppa, okay?”

She gave him a nod.

“Are you nervous to be an emcee?”  She nodded and gave him a simple yes to his question.

Seunghyun smiled at her, “You really don’t talk much huh? Anyway, you should be really be comfortable with me and the other Big Bang members since you’ll be our little sister in the future.  Hopefully it will happen soon.”  He said with a knowing smile.

“What?”  She asked with a frown.

“Nothing.”  Seunghyun just laughed at her cluelessness.  “Come on, I think it’s time for us to go to stage.”

 

 

As emcees, the three of them introduced each performer and what will they perform before they go on stage.  So far, Sohee didn’t make any mistake, and her nervousness was lessening a little bit as time gone by.  She also tried to become comfortable with Seunghyun on camera that she found easy at all.  

But her little comfortableness around him was cut short when they did an impromptu interview for Big Bang way before they perform.

Sohee was panicking inside because that interview wasn’t on the script given to her.  She may look like she was calm and composed but her inside was trembling with nervousness.  She looked to her co-emcees that started to ask questions to the four members only since Seunghyun was playing the role of an emcee with them.

She knew she needed to talk and not just stand there to look like an idiot but she didn’t know what to ask them about.  Her unnie already asked them about their main song Lies, so she was left with only their album.  She didn’t want them to ask any question that wasn’t related to music so she asked them about their album.

“Seungri-sshi, can you tell us more about the album that you’re promoting right now?” Sohee asked the maknae of Big Bang

“Ah, yes. About our first EP, it has 6 songs in it and our leader, G-Dragon helped a lot on producing such album. He was active in writing the lyrics and making the music.”  Seungri eagerly answered.

“How many songs did you write G-Dragon sshi?” Sunye asked

Jiyong shyly answered, “Not much, just a few only.”

“What’s your favorite song in the album?” Sunye again asked but this time to all the members.

All the members said different song from the album… Jiyong said that Always was his favorite song from the album. Sunye and Sohee would have ended that interview right then and there but Seunghyun had another plan.

He looked meaningfully at Jiyong and asked, “That’s one of your composition on the album, who was your inspiration writing that song? Isn’t that a love song?”

“A special girl in my heart.”  He solemnly said and glanced a bit to Sohee.  There were few screams from the audience when he stated that.

“Is she your girlfriend?”  The VIPs in the venue held their breaths waiting for the leader of Big Bang to answer the question.

Jiyong chuckled to hide his discomfort, “TOP hyung, you know I don’t have a girlfriend. She WAS my best friend.  I wrote it thinking about her not as a girlfriend but as a best girl friend whom I truly love. But it does sounded like a song for a girlfriend.”

Hearing that, the fans did release their breaths feeling relieved that G-Dragon didn’t have a girlfriend that would be their foe for their oppa’s attention.  But knowing that there was a girl in their oppa’s heart made them crazy because he sounded like a man in love.

“We do want to know what’s her name.”  Sunye pushed the topic even further; trying to squish more information from him.

“I can’t really say who. But someday, I’m sure a time will come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter