Survival

I Can't Let You Go Nor Can I Love You...

'Realizing Daehoon had woken up, you quickly placed your hand on his mouth and pulled him out of the house to safety. You ran dragging him away from a few blocks down and hid in a dark alley. Outside, it was still dark. You looked back at the house to see if the man had left. You noticed a car was parked outside the house beside yours. 

"Noona, whats wrong? why did we come here? Where's omma and appa? What's happening?"  Daehoon asked after catching his breath.

"Omma and appa are going somewhere. We'll see them again " You didn't know how to explain whatwas happening. It was too much for a 9 year old to handle.

Moments later, the man left the house and drove away. He didnt burn down the house....but one thing for sure .."they're dead. they must be"

When you left the house, he had already lit them up . * i wonder if he looked for us.* 

You weren't sad at all. You were just worried about what to do next. The man we were sold to might come tomorrow . 

Rays of morning sunrise started to paint the sky. It was so beautiful that you watched the sky become brighter and brighter. You saw a group of old women start their morning jog nearby. You looked back at your house. Its a good thing , you managed to grab the bag full of yours and Daehoon things. We could just leave now.

You shook Daehoon to wake up. You both went to a 24 hours convenience store to buy some food for daehoon and milk for you. Good thing you found a 50 dollar bill on the streets the other day.

You hitchhiked a car that was heading to Seoul. The couple in the car were shocked to see you and Daehoon travelling alone. You gave a lame excuse saying that you both were going to visit your grandparents in Seoul and lost your train tickets. Seeing that they had bought the excuse, you started to join Daehoon in La-La Land....