Guilty as Charged

I Can't Let You Go Nor Can I Love You...

L.Joe shuddered at your threat. L.Joe looked at you at the eyes. You were almost as tall as him, Thanks to all the milk you've been drinking.

You smiled at him sweetly. He looked away and faced his toes that were socked by pink socks with dark blue hearts on it.

"Long time, didn't see you, L.Joe-shii. Are you staying here?" Your smile curled up into a mean smirk. L.Joe's head snapped back up to look at you. You were leaning against your study table with your arms crossed over your chest lazily.

"Y-Yes. Um, I'm staying in the room opposite yours." L.Joe stammered. Hoya and Dongwoo watched you closely. You turned to look at them.

"What did you want from my room?" You asked bluntly. You didn't like them but they were still your brothers. Love or hate 'em , they were the children of your foster parents. You had to accept and respect that.

"We wanted to ask you about what happened last night." Dongwoo explained.

* I hope she doesn't ask why we were in her room* Hoya prayed silently. "...That doesn't answer my question. Why were you, three, hiding in my room?" You tried to keep a straight face while you repeated your question again.

*Are they that stupid?* You clenched your jaw as your patience was thinning out.

*.* L.Joe thought and nudged Hoya who was next to him. Dongwoo looked at Hoya desperately. Hoya sighed. He took a peek at your emotionless face. You were still staring at him with a stone cold expression. 

*Aish..Come on, Ryu Howon! She's just a gangster, you're a gangster too! It's 3 vers. 1.* Hoya cheered in his head.

 

"We wanted to surprise you in your room. So, you wouldn't have a choice and answer our questions." Hoya bravely explained while staring into your beautiful eyes. Those eyes didn't show him anything. They just stared back at him, not indicating any emotion.

*Damn right, I wouldn't have answered your questions.* You cocked your right eyebrow up after hearing Hoya's explanation. You uncrossd your arms and walked to your dresser. You sat down and took a deep breath. The boys were still standing awkwardly in front of your table.

 

" Okay, then. Sit down or make yourself comfortable." You said casually and moved to the L-shaped sofa at the other side of your room, near the glass windows. Dongwoo shuffled to your bed and sprawled himself on it, making him look like an X. Hoya stood near the couch to make sure you didn't try to escape. L.Joe sat at your study table and looked at your book collection.

 

"Why did you come home bruised and bleeding last night?" Dongwoo asked the first question. He propped himself up on your bed with his elbows.

"Didn't L tell you? I got into a fight." You answered coolly while staring at the snow outside.

"He did. We wanted to know for sure." L.Joe piped from your table.

 

"Alone?" Hoya looked down at you. You smiled.

 

"Do I still look pathetic and weak like I was 2 years ago?" You Shot back at him. Hoya flustered pink and looked away. Dongwoo looked grim. L.Joe's mind flashed with the image of you still as a nerdy mouse.

 

"And yes, I was alone. The others was at Juyeon's house."

 

"Who and why?" L.Joe asked you quietly. All eyes turned to you, waiting for the answer. You grinned into their faces.

 

" You know WHO and he tried to mug me when I passed an alley." You answered in a lighter tone than before.

They gasped. " So it WAS Boohyun? Didn't you recognize it was him?" Dongwoo almost shrieked. You rolled your eyes.

 

"Obviously it was Boohyun. I just hinted you just now! Nope, didn't recognize him. Well, not till he out." You answered and simply shrugged like it was nothing.

 

"..Why do you look so calm? Woohyun said he was gonna kill the person who did that to his brother." L.Joe and Hoya furrowed their eyebrows. Dongwoo went to sit at the edge of the sofa, beside your feet.

"He won't know unless you tell him. If you do tell him, I know how to take care of myself. Don't cha think so?" You grinned at them haughtily. They backed away from you as you got up from the sofa.

" I think that's enough questions for today . I'm going to help out in the kitchen." You said breezily as you walked to the door.

"Oh, before I forget.." The boys looked at you curiously.

"Why do you even care if Woohyun tried to kill me?" You asked sarcastically and raised an eyebrow

You didn't bother to listen to their answer and left the room. *Because appa will kill them too if anything happens to you. They care for you just as much as they did 2 years ago. Their care towards you  is practically non-existence.* Your alter ego whispered into your head. You didnt love them  as much as you loved your foster parents but you were willing to protect them even if it meant hurting yourself . But they never bothered to notice that, they had made things clear after you met them for the first time that you weren't welcomed as their sister. 

*But THEY don't know that.* You felt a lump in your throat when you thought about that. You quickly swallowed back your tears. 

"Tears aren't going to change anything." You whispered to yourself as you walked down the spiral stairs.

 

Dongwoo and Hoya looked at each other. It was the first time you had actually TALKED to them with some emotion. Even if they were just anger and sarcasm.

L.Joe flinched from your sharp question. He felt a pang of guilt when he remembered himself teasing about you, the day he came to the mansion. They looked around your room for a couple moments. They found pictures of you with Athena and some old pictures of you and Daehoon.

*She was so cute.* Dongwoo thought mentally. Hoya spotted a picture on your bedside. It was in a photo frame that had some words written on it. He tapped the others to come look at the picture.

Above the picture was written with your handwriting :

'The people I will care and protect till I draw my last breath.'

Below was a picture of your parents, Hoya, Dongwoo and Daehoon during a Christmas dinner before Daehoon passed away.

Your brothers looked at each other. They knew you meant everything you wrote. After Daehoon was gone, you became closed to your parents.  They felt guilty for ignoring you the whole time when you needed them.

"She must have felt lonely when we didn't acknowledge her." Dongwoo whispered his cousin and brother. Hoya nodded

"It must have hurt her badly. She learnt how to protect herself from the world ..and us. We're the reason why she became so emotionless." Hoya reasoned.

"Why not you start acknowledging her as a family member now? Before it might be too late.." L.Joe gently suggested to his saddened cousins. They brightened up.

"You're right. We should start by talking and being friendly to her." Dongwoo smiled at his suggestion. Hoya and L.Joe nodded and agreed with him. They walked out of your room and went downstairs for dinner when they heard the housekeeper calling them to have dinner.


 

A/N

OUH!!!  Looks like the new chapters are going to be tricky for your brothers!! :D Winning back your heart is going to be HARD! :)

I hope you will Anticipate my update^^

Tell me your thoughts about this chapter :D