Promise Me

I Can't Let You Go Nor Can I Love You...

This is a reaalllly LOOOOONG CHAPTER!


Cold. I felt cold. Icy cold first, then it started to get warmer and warmer..or was it because I was getting used to the cold? It was like I was drifting in space. A vacuum space with me just gliding, feet not touching the solid ground, fingers feeling the velvet darkness.

Am I…dead?

That’s ridiculous, I can’t be dead. It was too quick to kill me..I think?

Oh..I can move..No! I’m falling…

 

“Noona?”  A small voice squeaked. The voice triggered something in me but I just can’t put my finger on it.

Huh? …My mind’s playing tricks on me..

“Noona? Noona, wake up.” The voice called again. Louder this time, a pair of small hands gently shook my right side. I moved my fingers, grabbing a handful of warm small leaves. Grass, maybe?

Warmth hit my face, I opened my eyes to be greeted by a blast of bright sun rays. Squinting, I tried to sit up and turned towards the small person kneeling beside me. He had a cute face, a face that I longed to see for so long.

“Daehoon?” My voice cracked, Daehoon reached out and gave me a tight hug. I hugged back, squeezing with force, to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.

Daehoon gasped for air. I giggled nervously, letting go of him and giving him a kiss on his forehead. “Yah,noona! You’re embarrassing me!” He flushed red, covering the spot where I kissed. Aww,so cute.

“What..? I missed you!”I squeezed Daehoon again, but he managed to push me away. Laughing, I look around where we were. Behind us was a forest with tall trees with lush green leaves at the front, we were seating on a grass field, dandelions peeked out here and there. There was an apple tree a few steps from us. My jaw must have been hanging wide open when I felt Daehoon pushed my chin upward.

“Hehe. Noona, bugs are gonna fly into your mouth.” I flicked his forehead earning a glare and pout from him.

“Let’s go sit under the tree, over there!” Daehoon cheered, tugging my arm towards the shady apple tree, I saw earlier. I plucked a ripe red apple,polish it with my shirt and handed it to Daehoon. He shook his head.

“Aniya,it’s okay. I always eat them. You should try it. It’s the best.” He pushed back the apple to me and held it up to my mouth. He lifted his eyebrows, urging me to take a bite.

The skin was crisp,the flesh was crunchy yet sweet and warm. And it was the juiciest apple I’ve ever had. “It’s good,right?”

“It’s really good,Hoonie.” I took another big bite, Daehoon had a satisfied smile on his face, he rested his head on my lap. Savouring each chew, I remembered that I had no clue where I was and how I got here. I fondled with Daehoon’s  front hair, coiling it into curls then releasing it. “Noona?”

“Hmm?” I placed the apple pip beside my left thigh after I finished it.

“You have to stop.” Daehoon whispered,he sat up and glanced towards the sky for a moment.

Confused, I frowned. “Stop..what?” He looked back at me with a sad expression.

“What you’re doing. You’re getting obsessed,noona! It’s killing you!” I gulped,yes I knew I was obsessed. I still think about how the shooting happened,how he died…But it’s NOT killing me…

I looked towards the forest saying nothing.

“This is a dream,right? You’re not really here. I’m dreaming.” I tried to change the topic.

“Yes,it’s a dream. We’re at where I’m living now, Heaven. It’s a beautiful place, noona. You’ll come here too if you stop what you’re doing.”

“I’m not gonna stop until I find the man who shot us! The man who killed you!” My body trembled,I tried to refrain from yelling at him.  I didn’t like where this is going. I didn’t like it at all.

“But you don’t have to! It’s fine, everything’s okay. I was meant to die and if I didn’t die from the bullet , I would have still died in a different way..” Daehoon pleaded and started to sob. He reached for the necklace. His eyes turned hard, I’ve never seen him like this before.

“This necklace, this is the reason why you’re sick,noona. Don’t you want a normal life? Isn’t that why we joined the Ryu family and came to Seoul? You’re going to get worse,noona. Please stop.” He jerked the necklace, the chain broke and came off. I tried to pry the necklace from his hand.

“Give it back,Daehoon.I’m serious.” In a tone, I’ve never use with him, I demanded the necklace back.

“Not until, you promise me, you’ll stop. Stop everything. Stop looking for my murderer,stop thinking about how we were at the wrong time and place then.Stop and live a normal life. It makes me so sad whenever I see you cry. Omma hates to see you cry too.” Daehoon held out his pinky.

“Promise us, you’ll stop, you - ah.” A female voice came from behind. I turned to see my foster mother, wearing a white dress with tiny purple flowers on it. It looked sweet on her.

My heart fell. It must have been hard for them to see me like that..

“Karma will get back at the person who did us wrong. Be happy and live life without regrets, , you - ah. We can only achieve happiness if we choose to make ourselves happy.”

Omma hugged me and my hair. “My beautiful daughter..We all love you, we never blamed you for what happened. Even your brothers love you, even if they didn’t showed it, they were always fond of you.”

 Tears fell down my cheeks, to hear those words again, really hit me deep. Daehoon hugged me from the side, “I promise. I promise I will stop..” I stuttered in between sobs. I felt a strange tingling inside me.

Omma and Daehoon smiled proudly and gave me one more hug. Omma kissed my cheeks. “Now, that’s my girl. I’ll be watching you, don’t break your promise.”

I smiled “I won’t.”  The tingling was getting stronger and stronger.

I crouched down to meet Daehoon’s level. “I’m glad we got to meet today,noona. But its time to move on.” Daehoon had gotten wiser and I had gotten nowhere. I felt ashamed.

“Arasso, I will. I love both you so much.” We hugged again.

The tingling was overpowering me. Daehoon and Omma vanished before me and I felt a shock rippled across my body. It was like being splashed with icy cold water at the break of dawn. Colder than the first cold I felt.

 

-

 

My eyes flew open from the shock. Blinking into focus,  I looked from right to left, trying to collect my bearings.

Did all that really happen? Was it really just a dream?

I felt for my necklace, it wasn’t around my neck but it was in my left palm. Along with it was the apple pip. So, it did happen..

you - ah? Are you awake?” I looked to my right to see my foster dad, with his salt and pepper hair, his thick spectacles and handsome features. He was old, about mid-50’s but he still looked good for his age. I must have been staring at him when he said “Do you remember me , you - ah? They said you hit your head pretty hard.”

“I remember you, Appa. Just stunned to see you. What are you doing here?” I glanced around the room. It was bright with light coming from the white beams from the ceiling. The two beds infront of me were occupied with..Niel and Dongwoo? I squinted harder to see without the help from my glasses or contact lens.

“The doctor said you had severe food poisoning and lost a lot of blood. What happened?”

“I’m not sure..What are they doing here? You could have just left me by myself and went home.” Appa looked a bit taken aback from what I just said.

“Why,Appa? Was I that sick?” He nodded. “They didn’t have enough supply of your blood but thanks to your friend, you’re okay now.” He handed me a glass of water. “Thirsty?” I nodded.

“Thank you,Appa. Who donated the blood?” He nodded towards the other bed to my left.

It was…Changjo. I blushed, feeling regret for not trusting him and thankful for helping me eventhough I wasn’t that close to him.

I noticed that it was still dark outside, looking at the clock hung above the windows, it was 3:40 in the morning.

“Appa,how long was I…not awake?” I looked around for anything that had a date written on it, but couldn’t find any.

“You were unconscious for two days including the day you came. Now, get some rest. The doctor told me that you need to be fully recovered to be released.”

I nodded and laid back down. Appa rested his head on the bedside, it looked uncomfortable and awkward.

“Appa?” I whispered quietly. “Yes,sweetheart?” His voice was already drowsy with sleepiness.

“When you wake up, can you please take Dongwoo and Niel home? And tell the others that I’m okay. You need to rest too. I’kk be fine. I have Changjo to keep me company.”

Appa mumbled an ‘Okay’ and fell asleep. He snored softly in to the thin hospital mattress. I carefully took of his glasses, placed them on the small bed side table and stared at the ceiling. I then necklace and apple pip under the covers. I wasn’t sure when but soon I drifted off to a dreamless slumber. 

 


No cliffhangers, this time. haha. I think? LOL

Tell me, How many of you, guessed it right?? Or, just tell me who thought was the donor??

Haha, I had fun testing you guys with the Blood type thing.

Did you like this chapter? Was it to clingy and slow??

Tell me,tellme , tell me!! For every 3 comments, I'll update an hour faster :D

so, comment, please >.< *I have passed my pride"s boundaries. I just want to read your comments!!

NO SILENT READERS, YEAH? Even a simple word/ adjective i aprreciate!

Love you, guys SO MUCH >.<