October 5th

Tears of December

Kris waited outside Tao’s hospital room as Tao received his treatment. Kris’s heart beat nervously, cause he knew Tao’s condition was worsening. Tao tried his best to look happy around Kris, so Kris will too.

 

The nurse pushed Tao out of the room and Tao was rubbing his arm in irritation. “You said it wouldn’t hurt.” He pouted cutely. The nurse melted visibly. Kris melted too, but he stood stoically. “I’m sorry, Tao. I’ll try to be more gentle next time.” Tao grinned suddenly. “I’m not mad. Its your job after all.” Tao flashed the nurse a childish smile and Kris could’ve sworn the nurse almost fainted. However, the nurse had to look professional, so she smiled and went off to do her nurse duties.

 

Tao pushed himself towards Kris. “Hey. Why are you here?” Tao asked. Kris smiled that lovely smile reserved for Tao only. “Cause I wanted to see you.” Tao made fake gagging noises. “So cheesy.” He said. Kris put his arms around Tao. “Its not like you don’t like it.”

 

Kris pushed Tao down the hallway. Today, he wanted to take Tao to a fancy restaurant he knew. “Where are we going?” Tao asked. Kris smiled again. “Surprise.”

 

Kris put Tao in his car and drove him out of the university. Tao barely noticed cause he was too busy playing with the GPS in Kris’s car. Kris didn’t need directions anyway.

 

They finally arrived at the Golden Dragon. Tao’s eyes widened upon seeing the large, fancy restaurant, and he let out a gasp as Kris wheeled him in. There were crystal chandeliers and shimmering glassware. The people were dressed nicely, and the food looked too beautiful to eat. “Two people.” Kris said, and the waitress led them to their table.

 

“I can’t afford to eat in a place like this.” Tao said. Kris smiled. “Who said you’re paying?” Kris handed Tao a menu. “Pick whatever you like.” Tao flipped through the pages. “I want this one! No I want this one too!” Kris reached over and ruffled his hair. This kid is too cute.

 

After their food came, Tao’s side was filled with little dishes of cakes and appetizers, while Kris had a simple entrée and drink. “Can you eat all of that?” Kris said, chuckling. Tao was all seriousness. “Do not doubt my power.”

 

Kris ate his food without much fascination, while Tao savored every bite. When he got to his chocolate cake, he gasped. “This is so good!” He exclaimed loudly. People looked over and began to whisper. Tao blushed. “Sorry. I must be making you look bad.”

 

Kris shook his head. He could care less about looking good. “It’s no big deal.” Tao scooped a bit of cake with his fork. “Here, try it.” He attempted to feed Kris. Kris blushed slightly. “No, it’s okay…”

 

“Try it!”

 

“No!”

 

“Come on!”

 

“No!”

 

“Bbuing bbuing.”

 

With that one aegyo, Kris gave in. “Fine.” He felt his pride sink as he took the bite. Whatever, it’s for Tao’s sake.

 

Then, right when the fork was in his mouth, and voice made Kris’s hair stand on end. “Kris?” Kris swore inwardly as he turned and saw the man staring at him with wide eyes.

 

“Hey Dad.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Baekhyun skipped happily across campus, his heart beating wildly. He was going to meet Xiumin today, and they were going to the mall together. He couldn’t wait to spend more time with Xiumin, cause he felt like there could be some connection between the two of them.

 

Baekhyun arrived at the park where Xiumin told him to meet. “Xiumin, I’m -----” Suddenly, he stopped and his heart sunk to his stomach and fell out through his . Xiumin was with some other guy, and they were playing tonsil hockey. Xiumin had one hand in the other guy’s hair, while the other guy had one hand on Xiumin’s . Baekhyun looked carefully and realized that the guy looked a bit familiar.

 

It was Chen.

 

Xiumin turned and saw Baekhyun, horrified at the scene. Unfortunately, the very dense male named Xiumin didn’t notice. “Hey, Baekhyun. Are you ready to go? I hope you don’t mind if I bring my boyfriend Chen.” He nuzzled Chen’s shoulder. “We got together only 2 weeks ago.”

 

Chen smiled and wrapped his arm around Xiumin’s waist. “It was 3 weeks, baby.” Then he turned to Baekhyun. “Hi, I’m Chen.” Baekhyun smiled, his heart breaking on the inside. “I’m Baekhyun…” He looked at Xiumin, who seemed very comfortable in the crook of Chen’s neck. “Hey, Xiumin, I’m sorry I can’t go with you. I have umm… a doctor’s appointment…” Baekhyun backed up a few steps.

 

Xiumin pouted. “Okay, well. I guess we could go out another time.” Baekhyun laughed, his voice cracking slightly. “Yeah, I guess…” He quickly turned and ran away.

 

Hot tears streamed down Baekhyun’s face as he ran back to his dorm. I feel so stupid to have trusted Xiumin…Baekhyun thought, wiping his eyes.

 

He arrived at his dorm and could barely open the door. Luckily Chanyeol opened the door for him. “Oh, hey---- Whoa what happened?” Baekhyun ran past him and into his room, locking the door behind him.

 

Chanyeol knocked on his door. “Hey, are you alright?” He said. He knocked a little harder. “Hey!” Suddenly, the door flew open nearly knocking the tree-sized male over. Then Baekhyun jumps at him and wraps his arms around his neck. “I’m so sorry!” He sobs into his shoulder.

 

Chanyeol frowned and patted his back. “What are you apologizing for? What happened?” Baekhyun didn’t seem to hear him, and continued sobbing. Somehow, he managed to get what he wanted to say out between sobs. “I’m sorry, for not trusting you, and hitting you, and saying all those bad things to you. I was angry, and frustrated. I take back everything I said, because I know you are a good person. You saved me from those bad guys the first time I met you, and I should have believed you. If only I listened then I wouldn’t have gotten hurt.” Baekhyun sobbed, and Chanyeol could feel his shirt getting a little wet.

 

Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun away gently so he could look at his face. “I forgive you, cause it didn’t really matter in the first place.” Chanyeol wiped Baekhyun’s tears away with his thumb. “Just tell me what happened.” Baekhyun sniffled and took a deep breath.

 

“I saw Xiumin, kissing Chen.”

 

As soon as the words left his mouth, Baekhyun started crying again, and Chanyeol’s heart cracked. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun and patted his back. “It’s okay. Love hurts sometimes.” Chanyeol left Baekhyun cry on his shoulder, as he did his best to comfort him.

 

Suddenly his phone rang. Baekhyun let go of him to let him answer the phone. “Hello?” Chanyeol said.

 

“DUDE GET YOUR CAR TAO COLLAPSED.”