December 27th/December 31st

Tears of December

 

 

 

Snow fell gently, blanketing the ground with its soft embrace. In stark contrast to the white background, a small group of people wearing all black stood somberly at a cemetery, as they made a tombstone for their beloved friend.

 

Tao’s foster mother wept quietly, her husband’s arm around her. Tao’s adopted brothers and sisters were there too, chatting with Kris, and thanking him for taking care of him so well.

 

“What’s going to happen now?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol quietly. He looked at the ground sadly. “I’m sure everything will be fine.” Chanyeol squeezed Baekhyun’s hand reassuringly.

 

“I just hope Kris doesn’t do anything… irrational.” Baekhyun mumbled. Chanyeol nodded with a sigh. After Tao’s death Kris had locked himself in his room and only came out once to pick up some food. Who knows what he was doing in there, but they were worried. They didn’t want Kris to act out on emotion alone.

 

Sehun and Luhan, dressed in matching black suits, came up to them. Sehun looked extremely cranky, while Luhan’s eyes were red from crying. “Hey.” Luhan greeted them. Baekhyun pulled Luhan into a hug, who immediately started to cry again. “He was my best friend.” Luhan choked out between sobs. Tears fell from Baekhyun’s eyes too, and Chanyeol couldn’t help but rub his eyes a little bit.

 

“How was your night?” Sehun asked Chanyeol, tiredness evident in his voice. Chanyeol patted his friend on the shoulder sympathetically. “I’ve been better.” He paused and smiled a little. “It didn’t seem like you got much rest.”

 

“Thanks, Captain Obvious.” Sehun rolled his eyes. “Luhan woke me up at 2am insisting we check on Kris. When we got there, we heard banging noises and I literally had to break his door to get in.”

 

Chanyeol almost laughed, but the dark circles around Sehun’s eyes told him otherwise. “What was he doing?” He asked.

 

Sehun shrugged. “He was throwing his textbook against the wall. He threw it, picked it up, and threw it again. Over and over.” Sehun gently laced his fingers through Luhan’s and pulled him away from Baekhyun. Baekhyun nodded at Sehun thankfully, and stretched his body. “Geez. Luhan sure gives strong hugs.” He mumbled.

 

Chanyeol ruffled the shorter boy’s hair. Usually he would hate it, but today he didn’t mind so much. It was good to know he had someone.

 

Even if they weren’t going to last much longer.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Chanyeol gripped the steering wheel hard, his heart thumping in his chest. They had spent the last of what little time they had going out on dates. They did everything they've ever wanted to do, but it was just so sad. Even though they had fun, the knowledge of what was to come was always there. Chanyeol glanced at the time. It was already 11:50pm. He had ten minutes. Only ten minutes.

 

“I wonder why God didn’t keep his promise.” Baekhyun said softly. Chanyeol parked the car and smiled sadly. “Maybe cause he doesn’t approve of me.” Baekhyun mirrored Chanyeol’s sad smile.

 

“Let’s go.” Chanyeol said, and they got out of the car. They had arrived at 63 Building, deciding that it would be the last place they would go together. Chanyeol held out his hand, and Baekhyun took it.

 

The elevator ride was quiet, they were simply holding hands and enjoying each other’s company. Finally, they reached to roof, and they could see the Seoul skyline. Although it was nearly midnight, the lights still twinkled brightly.

 

“Were you happy with me?” Chanyeol asked suddenly. Baekhyun leaned his head onto his boyfriend’s shoulder. “Of course. Even though you’ve broken my heart about 3 times, made me hate you over 10 times, I still love you.” He looked up. “And I always will.”

 

Chanyeol leaned down and pecked him on the lips. “I love you too.” Chanyeol checked his watch. 11:55. Only 5 minutes left.

 

Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun had started crying. He wasn’t making a sound, but the tears still rolled down his cheeks. “Baekhyun…”

 

Baekhyun wiped his tears away. “I’m sorry. I’m ruining the moment.” Chanyeol sighed and pressed Baekhyun’s face into his chest. “Don’t be. Emotions are normal.” Baekhyun let out a little sob, and squeezed Chanyeol’s waist.

 

“I’m scared. I don’t want to leave. What if Satan doesn’t like me? What if the other Devils don’t like me? I don’t want to go.” Baekhyun whined. Chanyeol pulled away and looked Baekhyun straight in the eye. “If they do that to you, I will make them serve 500 years in the deepest pits of Hell.”

 

Chanyeol grinned. “I am Satan’s right hand man, after all.” Baekhyun laughed softly, causing Chanyeol to smile. “Okay. I trust you.”

 

Chanyeol’s watch read 11:59, giving them only a minute more to say their final words. “Baekhyun, you changed me, from the moment I saw you. I know I’ve said so many cheesy things before, like that time we almost broke up. I meant every single word I said, after I realized I was wrong. I can’t live without you, Baekhyun. I don’t know how I’ll survive.”

 

These were his honest words, for he really didn’t know. Would his life go back to the dark, grayscale world it used to be? How long would be have to wait before he could finally pass on to the next life? Would he ever pass on?

 

Baekhyun put his hands on Chanyeol’s shoulders. “You’re always telling me not to be afraid. Don’t be a hypocrite, cause I’ll be watching you. I’ll know.” Baekhyun smiled. “And I know you better than anyone else Chanyeol. You’ll get through it. As long as you keep that gorgeous smile on your face, you’ll get through it.”

 

The clock tower signaling the New Year rang loud and clear. Tears sprang from both of the boys’ eyes. “I wish this wasn’t goodbye.” Chanyeol said, caressing Baekhyun face.

 

Baekhyun nodded. “Me too.” They quickly shared their last kiss, sweet mixed with salty tears. They didn’t need to say anymore, because their kiss and they way the held each other said it all.

 

3.

 

2.

 

1.

 

 

As the last chime finished ringing, Chanyeol was hold nothing at all.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

A/N: Well I don't have much to say except THANK YOU~~~ OMG 99 SUBBIES THAT'S SO WONDERFUL :D I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH I bet my writing in caps sounds so obnoxiuos lol sorry :/

But I'm just so grateful to you all *creys* I love all your comments and everything, and I hope you'll read my next story! I'll probably take a short break before posting my next story, since I need some time to plan it out and everything. But yeah, I hope you'll read it :D

Btw, this story isn't over yet. There's one more chapter ;) You'll just have to guess what it is :D

See you next time :D

PS. Sorry for updating so slowly OTL OTL SCHOOL WORK AFIGHAPDFIHG