November 22nd Part 2

Tears of December

“Why are you two here?” Chanyeol growled. The two shadowy figures materialized into view, and even though it was pitch black, Baekhyun and Chanyeol could see everyone clearly. It’s an illusion…Baekhyun thought to himself. All supernatural creatures could cast an illusion to some extent.

 

“That’s not a nice way----” The first one said. “To talk to warlocks.” The second one finished. Baekhyun tugged Chanyeol’s arm. “W-Who are they?” he whispered, a bad feeling crawling up his spine.

 

“The one who spoke first is named Lay. The one who finished is Kai. They are demon warlocks, another type of Devil. They can use magic and stuff.” Chanyeol explained. Then he turned to the two. “Get out. You’re not supposed to come to the human world.”

 

Lay smiled, showing a dimple in his right cheek. “We’re not here-----”

 

“For fun.” Kai finished, taking a step forward. “We’re here to-----”

 

“Check up on you, Prince.” Lay finished this time, and followed the other in taking a step forward.

 

Chanyeol stepped forward as well, in a challenging way. “Leave us alone.” He snarled, staring at Lay and Kai menacingly. He loomed over them because of his height, but they were unfazed.

 

“Prince----” Lay said, glancing sideways at Kai. He suddenly disappeared in a puff of grey smoke and materialized behind Baekhyun. Baekhyun let out a little yelp. “Is mad. That means----” Kai said, advancing towards Baekhyun. Lay closed in on Chanyeol. “Fun for us.” He finished.

 

Baekhyun gasped when Kai got close enough to see his features. His eyes were black, bottomless pits of darkness. There was also a tattoo of a triangular design underneath his eye. “Go away!” Baekhyun shrieked, throwing a kick at Kai. He disappeared momentarily to dodge the kick and came back when Baekhyun put his foot down. “Looks like-----”

 

“Princess is useless.” Lay smirked, collecting a ball of energy and throwing it at Chanyeol. Chanyeol pulled both of them to the side, causing the ball to fly past them a collide with the cave wall.

 

“Baekhyun, are you okay?” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun nodded, and glared at Kai. Lay laughed. “Prince loves-----” Kai teleported back to where Lay was. “Princess.”

 

Kai and Lay glanced at each other and said in unison, “So we have to show Princess who Prince really is.” They both attacked at once, causing Chanyeol to be momentarily confused. “Chanyeol!” Baekhyun yelled, swiveling and pulling Chanyeol to the side. Lay and Kai whizzed past them and made a ‘tch’ sound.

 

Lay quickly turned and fired a beam of magical energy at Baekhyun. Baekhyun tried to dodge, but the beam grazed his arm and burned him. He yelped as pain shot through his arm. “Lay you !” Chanyeol yelled, preparing an attack. Kai saw this as an opportunity to launch and attack.

 

Kai sprang upwards and bounced off the cave’s ceiling, angled to knock Chanyeol off his feet. Unfortunately, the attack hit its mark, and Chanyeol flew into the wall behind them. Baekhyun was dragged along as well.

 

The couple landed with a thud, Baekhyun landing on Chanyeol. “Are you okay?” Baekhyun said worriedly, looking at Chanyeol. Chanyeol had his eyes closed, causing a wave of distress to wash over the smaller man. “Chanyeol!” Baekhyun cried desperately, shaking his boyfriend.

 

Suddenly, Chanyeol’s eyes opened, and they were black. Not like the bottomless pits that were Kai and Lay’s eyes, but as if there were shiny obsidian stones imbedded into his eye sockets. Baekhyun’s eyes widened. “C-Chanyeol?”

 

Chanyeol stood slowly, a purplish mist surrounding him. Baekhyun’s eyes widened even more. Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun’s hand and gave him a sad look. “I didn’t want you to see me like this.” He said. Baekhyun was shocked speechless, his eyes following his boyfriend as he advanced towards the warlock pair.

 

“Prince is----” Kai started, taking a step back. “Mad.” Lay finished, also taking a step back. “We didn’t even-----” “Finish our job yet.” The two said, before joining hands and teleporting to where Baekhyun was standing. The latter let out a little yelp as the two materialized beside him.

 

“We’re not going to hurt Princess.” Kai said. Lay nodded. “We just want to tell you that Prince did his job right.”

 

Chanyeol whipped around and fired a beam of black energy at Lay. He dodged it with ease. “Don’t you dare tell him.” He hissed, anger flaring in his eyes. Lay smirked. “Prince is just doing Satan’s job.”

 

“Making you fall in love with him,” Kai motioned towards Chanyeol with a jerk of his head.

 

“So you’ll be dragged to Hell.” Lay finished.

 

“In other words, you’ll become Satan’s plaything, Princess.”

 

“He’s only seducing you because Satan ordered him to.”

 

“He doesn’t actually love you.”

 

“It’s all a lie.”

 

“All of it.”

 

No words came to Baekhyun’s mouth, as he stared dumbfounded at the warlocks’ words. Chanyeol fired two more beams at the warlocks, but they had already disappeared. The cave turned dark again, the forgotten flashlight casting watery yellow glow into the darkness. Chanyeol took a deep breath and closed his eyes. When he opened them, the purple haze had diminished and his eyes returned to their normal hazel-brown.

 

Chanyeol picked up the flashlight and surprisingly, the candy they were looking for was right beside it. He picked it up and put it in his pocket before finding his boyfriend, curled into a ball against the cave wall. “Baekhyun…” he said, pain and regret laced through his voice.

 

“L-let’s just finish the game…” Baekhyun said, taking Chanyeol hand. He wiped his eyes and sniffled, not giving Chanyeol a single glance. They were holding hands like friends, a loose palm to palm instead of the tight, locked fingers they usually had. “Baekhyun… I’m so sorry. I do love you.” Chanyeol said.

 

He knew it would be no use, for Baekhyun was a fragile person. Chanyeol of all people knew that, but he wasn’t careful enough. He had broke the glass figure that was Baekhyun’s heart, and would Baekhyun be able to pick up the pieces? Or would he have to start again and build a new one from scratch?

 

The couple walked quietly through the cave, neither of them looking at each other. They couldn’t after what had happened. Though Baekhyun made no sounds, he kept wiping his eyes. It hurt Chanyeol to the point that he just wanted to kill himself. He felt like he had already lost Baekhyun, to a point of no return.

 

What would become of them?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: This is self explanatory... hahaha don't kill me.

Comments are appreciated greatly, and thank you all those who have already done so. Thank you to all you subbies, because you guys give me the motivation to keep writing, so thank you!! :D

JangDaeByul: You guessed right! :D

RenaBunny: Thank you for all your compliments!! :)

eXosphere: Haha you are right! And they were refering to Baekhyun as 'girlfriend' and 'little' LOL

SunnyELF15: Sorry for not being clear about Baekyeol's relationship OTL I tend to get carried away and write stuff that doesn't make sense OTL Taoris got down because Kris carefully pushed him down. It wasn't that steep.

Thanks for reading and I will try to update as fast as I can :D