September 6th

Tears of December

Chanyeol was walking to his dorm one day when a confused looking boy was wandering around in the hallway. Maybe he’s a new student. Chanyeol went up to the boy. “Hey, do you need help looking for something?” He offered.

 

The boy turned around. “Yeah, I’m looking for---” He stepped back in surprise as he saw Chanyeol. Even though he was wearing glasses and his bangs were down, Baekhyun recognized him. Chanyeol’s eyes widened. “Uh… Hi.” He said awkwardly.

 

Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck. “Umm… Do you know where room 407 is?” Chanyeol blinked and moved his large glasses upward on his nose. “That’s the room I live in…” An awkward silence set in until Chanyeol picked up one of Baekhyun’s bags. “I’ll help you unpack.”

 

Baekhyun followed Chanyeol into his room. It was brightly lit, with a huge sliding glass door leading to a small balcony. Most of the furniture was white leather, and everything was neat and tidy. A flat screen hung on the wall, with a little rack underneath to store the remote. The black granite kitchen countertop gleamed where the light hit the little white bits, and the stainless steel appliances shone. “Wow.” Baekhyun said, looking around the room. “Clean.”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “I like it this way.” He walked to one of the bedrooms. “I sleep in that room, so I guess you can have that one.” They were two identical rooms, a twin sized bed, a night table, and a desk. The creamy colours gave the rooms a warm feeling. Baekhyun went inside his room and began unpacking.

 

Chanyeol let him take his time, so he just sat on the couch and looked out the glass door. Suddenly, his phone vibrated. Chanyeol sighed when he saw the ID. “Hello?” He said, his voice low and quiet so Baekhyun couldn’t hear.

 

“Ah, my pet, Chanyeollie. I heard there was an angel on earth.” Chanyeol flinched slightly as he heard his nickname. “Yes, there is.” The person, or being, on the other line contemplated. “What do you say we play a game?” Chanyeol rolled his eyes. His boss loved to play games, mostly because he cheated and won every time. “What is it?” Chanyeol said.

 

“Don’t sound so down, have some fun. It is a game after all.” Satan laughed gleefully. Chanyeol waited for him to continue. “The objective of this game is to bring the angel to hell. I haven’t had a fallen angel in so long!” He squealed gleefully. Chanyeol frowned. “Why?” He asked.

 

Satan paused. “Just because.” He answered. Chanyeol sighed. If he rejected his boss’s offer, he could be banished to the pits of hell where he would suffer for eternity.

 

Finally Chanyeol agreed. “Hooray!” Satan laughed before hanging up. Chanyeol stared at his phone in disgust before closing it and putting it back in his pocket. At that moment Baekhyun came out of his room. “Okay. I’m done unpacking.” He said with a smile.

 

He’s so naïve. Chanyeol thought. He doesn’t know what’s coming.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

For the first few days, Chanyeol was nice to Baekhyun, and showed him around campus. He introduced Baekhyun to his few close friends, who he trusted. He trusted them mostly because they were the same as him.

 

“Baekhyun, these are my friends.” Chanyeol gestured towards the small group of males. Baekhyun sensed that not all of them were human. “Hi, I’m Baekhyun!” He smiled and waved.

 

The first one to speak looked had large eyes like Bambi, and his hair was brown and fluffy. “Hey, I’m Luhan. I’m from China, but I’m studying Korean here.” He stuck out his hand and smiled. As soon as their hands touched, Baekhyun’s smile faltered slightly. Definitely a Devil. He wondered how someone so innocent looking could be a pawn of Satan’s.

 

Luhan let go of Baekhyun’s hand, his smile never wavering. The next guy to introduce himself was scrutinizing him. “Tch. Bloody Angel.” He said. Luhan hit him on the head. “Sehun! We are in public!” he scolded. The one named Sehun continued to glare at him and said nothing else.

 

“Uhh… I’m Kris.” Baekhyun turned his attention to the one slightly taller than Chanyeol. He was gorgeous, like a model. Baekhyun nodded and shook his hand. “Nice to meet you. Are you from overseas?” Baekhyun asked, questioning his slight hesitation as he spoke. Kris nodded. “Yes… I’m from Canada.”

 

The last person was a black-haired male in a wheelchair. “Hello. I am Tao. I am Chinese.” He spoke in slightly broken sentences, but Baekhyun could still understand him. Baekhyun leaned down and shook his hand. He noticed Kris was watching him from above, and it was a bit intimidating.

 

Chanyeol smiled. “Well, looks like everyone knows each other, more or less.” Sehun rolled his eyes and leaned on Luhan, putting his head on the latter’s shoulder. Luhan turned to Baekhyun. “The two humans know about us, so don’t worry about keeping our identities a secret.” He said. Baekhyun nodded, somewhat relieved about not having to be careful about his secret. 

 

“But you can’t tell anyone else, okay?” Baekhyun jumped from the hot breath on his ear. Chanyeol winked as Baekhyun rubbed his neck nervously. “D-Don’t do that please.” Baekhyun said, stepping away from Chanyeol. Luhan, Sehun, and Tao laughed while Kris only gave a small smile.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

After walking around campus, the six of them retreated back to their rooms, but Chanyeol went to Luhan’s room instead. He told Baekhyun he needed to get something that Luhan borrowed.

 

Sehun and Luhan were lounging on the couch together when Chanyeol walked in. Luhan’s head on Sehun’s lap, while Sehun played with his lover’s hair. “Yuck, guys.” Chanyeol said playfully, grabbing a chair to face the couple. Luhan sat up and pouted. “You could’ve knocked.”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “Did you get Satan’s message?” he asked, all seriousness. Luhan and Sehun became serious too. “He texted us.” Luhan answered. Sehun smirked. “The reception must be amazing down there.” Luhan pinched Sehun’s arm.

 

 “What do you think I should do?” Chanyeol asked. Luhan frowned. “I don’t know Baekhyun that well, but I have a feeling he’s the type that falls for someone fast and hard.” Sehun nodded in agreement. “If you do succeed in making him fall for you, then great. But if you end up falling for him too, then we have a problem.”

 

Chanyeol nodded. He may have been single for a majority of his life and his entire afterlife, but he knew how it felt to get emotionally hurt. It was worse then breaking a bone. “It wouldn’t be wise to disobey Satan, since he asked me.” Sehun smirked and leaned back. “Well, I’ve done it a bunch of times.” Luhan pinched his boyfriend again. “That’s why he doesn’t like you.” He scolded.

 

He turned back to Chanyeol. “Just remember. If you fall for him, then it’s over. Satan will have his soul.” Chanyeol cringed at that fact. “But I don’t think I’ll fall for him, cause Baekhyun isn’t my type.”

 

Luhan nodded as a bored Sehun wrapped his arms around him and started kissing his neck. Chanyeol looked at them in mock disgust. “Guys. I’m still here.” Luhan pushed Sehun’s head off his neck. “So are you going to do it?” Chanyeol thought for a moment more.

 

“Yes, I am.”