September 30th (Part 2)

Tears of December

Luhan dragged a giggling, childish Baekhyun back to his room, and threw him on the couch. “Sehun, better know what you're doing.” He grumbled, as he went to get a drink of water.

 

Suddenly, he heard whimpers coming from the couch. Luhan peeked over and saw tears welling up in Baekhyun’s eyes. He ran over. “Baekhyun, what’s wrong?” Luhan said, sitting next to Baekhyun.

 

“I hate this life. I hate being an angel. I hate myself. I hate Chanyeol.” The tears were really coming now, falling down the side of Baekhyun’s face as he tried to wipe them away. Luhan sighed. Even if he hated meddling, he hated seeing his friends cry even more. “Come on, tell me what’s wrong.” Luhan helped Baekhyun sit up.

 

Baekhyun didn’t seem to hear Luhan and continued sobbing like a child. Luhan managed to make out some words like, “fallen angel” and “love” and “New Year’s.” Luhan was a devil, so he didn’t know about the rule with fallen angels.

 

“Can you say that again?” Luhan said, in a soothing voice. He rubbed Baekhyun’s back and helped him wipe the tears away with a tissue. “I’m a fallen angel. I let the person I was supposed to protect die.”

 

Luhan frowned. “And then?” He said, like a mother trying to comfort her child. Baekhyun gulped and rubbed his eyes. “I need to find love before New Year’s Eve, or I’ll be sent to hell.” Baekhyun’s face then contorted with rage. “Then I find someone I may like, and Chanyeol has to go and ruin everything!” He threw the tissue box across the room, hitting the wall and crumpling.

 

Baekhyun began to cry again, and Luhan pulled him into a hug. “It’ll be okay…” He tried to put as much enthusiasm as possible into his words, but he realized there was a problem here.

 

A big problem.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

With much difficulty, Sehun pulled Chanyeol onto his bed. “Why are you so damn tall?” Sehun swore and sat on the bed next to him. Chanyeol groaned and let out a huge burp. Sehun pinched his nose. “Geez, man.” He said in a nasally voice.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes became glassy, and he gave a small smile. “Baekhyun…” he mumbled. Sehun just managed to hear the word, which caught his attention. “Yes, Baekhyun. Continue.” Sehun prompted, in his oh so subtle way.

 

“I’m so much nicer to him than Xiumin. Why doesn’t he like me?” Chanyeol mumbled, his words slightly slurring. He moved his head from side to side, and played with the bed sheets. “I even told him that Xiumin probably likes Chen.” Sehun listened carefully. This was valuable information to him, and he wasn’t about to let this chance slip.

 

“Yes, Chanyeol. You are much nicer. Baekhyun should like you.” Sehun felt a little cheesy speaking like this, but he needed the info. Chanyeol sat up, his bangs falling over his face. “I’m gonna treat him so well, he’ll have to like me.” Then he ran a hand through his hair and flopped onto the bed again. “I don’t want to play this game anymore.”

 

Sehun smirked. “Why? You don’t actually like him.” Chanyeol smiled, as if he hadn’t heard Sehun say anything. “I want to go on dates with him, and buy him things, and hold him. I’m going to spoil him silly, but if he falls in love with me, Satan’s going to take him.” Chanyeol’s expression darkened. “I don’t want to lie to him anymore.”

 

Sehun’s eyes widened. “Wait, don’t tell me----” Chanyeol giggled like a little schoolgirl. “I’m not telling you anything.” He pulled the blanket over himself in one swift motion, and buried his head into the pillow. In a matter of seconds, quiet snores could be heard, muffled slightly by the blanket.

 

Sehun walked out of his room and leaned against the kitchen counter. Chanyeol is so secretive even when drunk…Sehun thought. He dialed a number on his phone. After 2 rings, the person picked up.

 

“Luhannie?” Sehun said, quietly.

 

“Baekhyun’s asleep. I heard some surprising things.” Luhan sounded sad. Sehun knew he didn’t want to do this.

 

“I’m sorry.” Sehun apologized, feeling a bit guilty. “I’ll make it up to you somehow. What happened?”

 

Luhan hesitated, then told Sehun about Baekhyun’s dilemma, and about Chanyeol. Sehun stayed silent the whole way through, and even after he was finished speaking. “Sehun?” Luhan said. Sehun sighed. “Looks like meddling didn’t do much good.”

 

Luhan snorted. “You don’t say." Then his voice became sad again. "We can’t tell Chanyeol, and we can’t tell Baekhyun either.” Sehun nodded. “Yeah, so let’s keep this a secret, and try to work things out by ourselves.”

 

Luhan groaned. “Really? More meddling?” Sehun smiled slightly, the tiredness finally catching up to him. “I’m sorry, love. Let’s go to sleep and worry about it tomorrow, okay?” Luhan sighed, and Sehun could imagine him pouting cutely. “I guess so. I love you.”

 

Sehun’s heart would flutter every time Luhan said those three words, no matter how many times he heard it. His voice soothed the stress Sehun was feeling, of realizing the trouble his best friend was in. He felt so lucky to have Luhan, he was like a savior to him. When Sehun first arrived at the gates of hell, he was so scared, and didn’t know what to do. Luhan was the warden for new arrivals at the time, and made Sehun feel more comfortable. Even if Hell seemed like an uninviting place, Satan had taken a liking to him and told Luhan to watch over him.

 

After that things just clicked into place. Sehun fell in love with Luhan, and soon after so did Luhan. They were both promoted to Earth watchers, and Satan said they could go to earth together, for being such faithful servants.

 

Sehun smiled, a sense of peace temporarily washing the problem at hand away.

 

“I love you too, Luhannie.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: A little Hunhan for all you shippers out there :3

Thanks so much for reading and commenting!! I can't tell you how much I love you guys :D This story is far from over, so stay tuned!! :)