October 6th

Tears of December

After Kris dropped Tao off at Luhan and Sehun’s “love mansion”, Kris was in some seriously deep with his father.

 

Kris drove behind his father’s car, going wherever his father went. His palms were beginning to sweat, and he had no idea what to do once he was confronted with his father.

 

They arrived at a fancy hotel, and he got out of his car after his dad. “So…” Kris started to say, but his father raised a hand and told him to follow. Kris obeyed.

 

They awkwardly stood in the fancy elevator together. There seemed to be an invisible barrier between the two of them, because they were at least two feet away from each other at all times. Kris played with the straps of his backpack, trying to distract himself from the tension.

 

The father-son pair arrived at what Kris assumed was his hotel room. Kris didn’t even know his father was coming to Korea, since he was always so busy with his work. Kris’s father sat down on the cream coloured chair, and motioned for Kris to sit on the couch across from him.

 

Kris gingerly placed his on the couch, and sat as straight as a board. His father crossed his arms and glared at Kris. “What were you doing today, at the restaurant?” Kris sat as still as possible, and answered slowly and very formally. “I was having lunch with a friend.”

 

“Friends don’t feed each other. Lovers feed each other.” Kris squirmed slightly under the deathly glare of his father. “He’s just a kid, you know, and he just wanted me to try the cake…” Kris mumbled, words tumbling off his tongue. Kris’s father slammed his fist on the arm of the chair, causing his son to flinch. “He’s a year younger than you, which makes him as adult as you are.”

 

Kris looked down at the carpet and didn’t answer. He usually just let his father vent, and then later he would go out and walk his anger off. “This is unacceptable, Kevin.” Kris flinched again upon hearing his real name. “I will not have a gay son.”

 

“I-I’m not gay…” Kris tried to reason with his angry father, but to no avail. “Not gay? NOT GAY? That’s what they all say, until it’s too late. They all think they aren’t going to play for the other team, but after they found someone, they come out of the closet. I need you to take over the hospital, and marry a girl of considerable wealth.”

 

The anger Kris had kept inside him begins to burn. “So I was born just to take over to company and make you rich?” He said. Kris’s father glared so hard his eyes almost popped out of their sockets. “Don’t twist my words around boy. You are my son, and I did everything so you could have a happy future.”

 

Kris’s father took out his phone and called someone. “Hello? Yes, please reserve another room for my son.” Kris’s eyes widened. “What? You can’t do this to me.” Kris’s father closed his phone. “I am your father. I can do anything.” Kris was about to object when his phone rang.

 

Kris was about to answer it when his father reached over and snatched it away. “Sehun? Isn’t this one of your gay friends?” Kris wasn’t about to tell his father he was already dead, so instead, he tried to grab his phone back. Kris tripped over his own feet and banged his arm painfully against the table. He fell to the ground, rubbing his arm and quietly swearing.

 

When Kris’s father didn’t pick up the call, Sehun sent a text message instead. Kris’s father opened the message and frowned. “Tao’s really sick! He just suddenly collapsed, and now he’s on life support. You need to come quickly!” He read the message mockingly, his voice dripping with disgust. Kris immediately stood up and rushed to the door. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t get the door open. “Dad!” Kris shouted. “Let me out!” There was a hint of desperation in his voice.

 

Kris’s father snorted. “See? You are gay if you care about Tao that much. I am not letting you see him until you are healed of this horrible disease.” Suddenly, Kris’s anger overflowed, and all his feeling poured out of him like a waterfall. “! Don’t you get it? He’s my friend, and I am worried about him. He’s the first ing friend I made since Mom left, and you can’t let me see him when he needs me?” Kris could feel tears sting his eyes. “Dad, I trusted you would make things better, so I did all you asked. I even went to med school. Is this how you are going to ing treat your son?”

 

Kris’s father gave no hesitation as he stormed towards Kris and slapped his son across the face. “You will not use that type of language with your father.” He opened a window with a special card and dangled Kris’s iPhone over the edge. “Dad, what are you--- NO!” His father threw the phone as hard as he could, and it sailed through the sky, and then plummeted beyond his line of vision. “Dad!” Kris screamed again. Kris’s dad mumbled a few commands into his phone and left the hotel room, slamming the door behind him.

 

Kris could feel hot tears streaming down his face. He grabbed the nearest breakable object and threw it against the wall, causing it to smash into pieces. Then he sat down on the couch, and cried.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sehun kept trying to call Kris, but to no avail. “That bastard won’t pick up his phone.” He grumbled angrily. He rubbed Luhan’s back gently as he sobbed quietly into Sehun’s shoulder. Chanyeol put his arm around Baekhyun, who was trying his best not to cry.

 

The doctor came out of the emergency room, and took off his mask. “Tao should be okay now. We have him on life support in room 105. His condition is stable at the moment, and shouldn’t change too drastically. You may go visit him, but if anything happens, please call a nurse or doctor immediately.” They all let out a sigh of relief as they slowly walked towards Tao’s room.

 

They piled into the room, and as soon as Luhan saw Tao, he cried even harder, his whole body shaking as he tried not to cry too loudly. Sehun’s pain was evident on his face, not only from knowing of Tao’s sickness, but also from seeing his lover cry so much. The worst thing for him was he couldn’t anything. All he said was, “He’s going to be okay, Lulu. He’ll be okay.” as he hugged Luhan.

 

Suddenly, quiet whimpers were heard coming from Tao. They all rushed in, trying to hear what he was saying. “K-Kris… Kris… Kris…” Tao whispered, as his face contorted with pain. Chanyeol kicked the chair next to Tao’s bed. “Where the hell is that bastard!?” He shouted angrily. Baekhyun put a hand on his shoulder and shook his head. The fiery male calmed slightly.

 

Baekhyun sighed and put his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder. “I’m sure he’ll come soon. He wouldn’t do something like this without a reason.”

 

A/N: Hi so since AFF still hasn't given me my chapters back I'll be doing a quadruple update cause I don't remember what chapter I ended off at OTL Well enjoy anyway haha :)