10 Days

Tears of December

 

 

 

November 5th

 

Tao looked up from the book he was reading upon hearing a knock on his door. He was still bedridden, and hated it. “Come in.” He sighed. The nurse smiled and held out a little box. “A package came for you.”

 

 Tao frowned and looked for a name. There wasn’t any. “Who’s it from?” The nurse smiled and patted his head. “Someone special.” With that, she walked away.

 

 Tao carefully opened the wrapping, making sure the paper was still in one piece. The wrapping revealed a small jewelry box, like the type for rings or earrings. Tao opened the box. Inside was a silver ring, with the word ‘Tao’ engraved in English. Beside it was ‘Huang Zi Tao’ engraved in Chinese characters.

 

Tao turned the ring over in his hand, watching it catch the sunlight. It was a really pretty ring. Tao realized who it would be from and sighed. He put the ring back in the box and continued reading his book.

 

November 6th

 

The next day another gift came. Tao carefully unwrapped the gift and found an hourglass. This hourglass was unlike the others; the sand was frozen in the glass. There was a sticky note attached to the outside of the hourglass.

 

Our time will not run out,

 

Tao rolled his eyes at the cheesiness of the note. Suddenly he frowned and read the note again. “Why does it end with a comma?” Tao mumbled. He thought for a moment, but couldn’t figure it out. He put the hourglass beside his bed and rolled off the get his treatment.

 

November 7th

 

A panda plushie holding a heart came next. ‘You are forever in my heart.” Was on a note stuck to the heart. Tao smiled a bit when he saw Kris’s messy Chinese handwriting. Tao hugged the panda and put it beside him as he slept.

 

November 8th

 

Tao almost screamed with joy when he saw the next present. It was that Gucci bag that he wanted earlier when they went to the mall. He slung it over his shoulder and posed with it. He giggled and hugged the bag.

 

Then he opened the bag and took out the paper that the stores stuff bags with. A note fell out when he did so. I’ll follow you wherever you go.

 

“Well it suits the bag, I guess…” Tao mumbled to himself. He shrugged and kept posing with the bag.

 

November 9th

 

The next gift was a black leather jacket with studs and a high collar. Tao tried it on and it fit perfectly. Tao wondered how Kris knew what size he was.

 

He put his hands in the jacket pockets and felt a piece of paper. He kind of assumed there would be a note in or on the jacket somewhere, so he wasn’t surprised. Tao took out the yellow sticky note and smiled. He realized he missed seeing Kris every day, but it was for his own good. They shouldn’t see each other.

 

Right by your side always.

 

November 10th

 

Tao blinked at the cake box in his lap. One of a kind, hard to resist, the note on the box read. Tao struggled to read the French on the top of the box. Patisserie Françoise? Tao opened the box and smiled. The cake was about 3 and half inches in diameter, and it was one of the cutest cakes he had ever seen. There was a panda made of cake and Oreos on the top, with little strawberry roses placed to make it look as if the panda was holding the roses. Tao smiled and took a few pictures before taking a bite.

 

Chocolate. His favourite.

 

November 11th

 

This was a weird gift. Jellybeans. Tao frowned, knowing that Kris knew his dislike for jellybeans. He turned the bag of jellybeans over in his hand, trying to find the meaning in the sea of colourful candies. Then the note appeared attached to the side of the bag.

 

I only like one.

 

Tao frowned. Doesn’t Kris hate jellybeans too? He thought. He shrugged and put the candies to the side, resuming the drama he was currently watching.

 

November 12th

 

The next gift was even weirder than the last one. It was a pear with the note on the side. The pear jellybean.

 

Tao gasped and quickly opened the bag of candies. He looked through the bag and finally felt a piece of paper. On that paper there was a pear jellybean taped to the top. Underneath it said, You are my pear jellybean, and I will find you wherever you are.

 

Tao cringed at the cheesiness, but pain stabbed through his chest. He missed Kris. He wanted so badly to see him again. Tao shook his head, clearing the thoughts. It will be better for the both of us.

 

November 13th

 

A beautifully decorated envelope with ribbons and a bright red heart as a seal arrived at Tao’s door the next day. Tao opened the package, careful not to tear the seal and took out its contents. It was a picture from the time they went to the mall. They were both wearing large glasses and hilarious hats.

 

A tear rolled down Tao’s cheek as he remembered that day. He remembered Kris’s gummy smile, and how he looked so happy. Tao remembered how safe and warm he always felt when he was with the tall male, and now the hospital just felt cold and lonely.

 

Tao turned the picture over, knowing there would be something written on the back. You are my pear jellybean. I will find you wherever you are. Tao sniffled and wiped his eyes, placing the picture back in its envelope. He tucked it under his pillow, and cried.

 

November 14th

 

By now Tao was feeling the Kris withdrawal. The nurses became worried, cause he didn’t smile anymore. Tao did his best to smile a little when the nurses rushed in and out of his room, but the feeling just wasn’t there. Tao, who usually gave off sunshine and happiness, now seemed to have a grey cloud hovering over him.

 

He sighed when the nurse handed him a roll of paper. “Is that guy ever going to stop?” He said, opening the roll. The nurse patted him on the shoulder. “He’s trying his best, Tao. I think you should give him a chance.” The nurse looked at him sadly and left.

 

Tao frowned when he saw what was on the paper. It was a map, and a very badly drawn one. There were squiggly things, sticks and what Tao assumed was the lecture hall. At the bottom of the map was a single phrase, and Kris’s signature.

 

Something struck Tao just then.  He tore all the notes off the gifts and put them in order of date. The read them one by one, in order and then looked at the map. He knew what he had to do. But now you need to find me. – Kris. Kris was waiting.

 

Tao quickly dialed a number on his cellphone. “Chanyeol? Can you drive me somewhere?”

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Updated a little stlowly this time, but I hope you liked this chapter :D I had fun thinking of this one haha *bricked*

Anyway I'm so happy I have so many subscribers!!! I love you all <3 I wonder if I'll be able to reach my goad by the end of this story. I hope so :)

I'll answer your comments today because I really love reading them XD

ExoticYeti: I can imagine too >.< Its so fitting for Baekhyun, isn't it?

JangDaeByul: Taoris T_T

eXosphere: I need more Baekyeol so I put more cutesy Baekyeol in here :D Maybe Taoris will get together *wiggles eyebrows back*

RenaBunny: I'll try to update as fast as I can OTL