October 10th

Tears of December

After many trials and errors, Kris finally managed to dismantle to card-swipe lock without smashing it to bits. The tips of his fingers were cut and bleeding, and his fingernails were basically halfway down the quick. Kris’s dad had done a good job taking away any utensils Kris could use to break out, so Kris was left with basic kitchen supplies, and other small things.

 

The first time when the alarm rang, the security came. They urged Kris not to hurt himself, but Kris was deaf to their pleads. The security gave up and left him there. The hotel people didn’t have the heart to lock him back up.

 

At one point, Kris just collapsed and passed out. A day later, he woke up, and continued dismantling the lock. He only stopped once in those 6 days to eat and take a shower. Kris wished he just had a hammer and could break that little thing, but his father had made sure not to leave anything in the room that could help him break out.

 

Finally, Kris had taken the stupid lock off the wall and the door swung open. Little bits of wires and plastic were strewn across the doorway, and as son as the door opened, Kris collapsed and breathed a sigh of relief. He was shaking from exhaustion, but he didn’t care. He just needed to see Tao.

 

Luckily, his Dad was at work, so he could sneak out without his dad noticing. Kris grabbed his jacket, and with difficulty because of his abused fingers and arms. He quickly left the hotel room, and then the hotel itself.

 

Kris was antsy through the bus ride. He kept checking his watch, trying to see what street he was on, and squirming in his seat. The people on the bus kept giving him weird looks, but he didn’t care. He just wanted to see Tao.

 

All he needed was Tao.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

As soon as the bus stopped near the hospital, Kris sprinted as fast as he could and yanked the hospital door open. He slammed his hands on the front desk. “What room is Tao in?” He said, breathless. The nurse jumped, but recognized Kris. “Room 105. Please be more quiet.” Kris ignored the nurse and booked it down the hallway.

 

The door to Tao’s room was open, so he barged in, almost knocking Sehun over. “Whoa!” Sehun said, before realizing it was Kris. Then he growled and punched Kris in the face. “Bastard! Where have you been?” Luhan immediately got up and tried to stop his boyfriend from hurting Kris. “Sehun, calm down. He came here. That’s what matters.” Sehun growled some more, but backed down.

 

Kris wiped the blood off his mouth and staggered over to Tao’s bedside. He was awake, and observed the whole scenario with wide eyes. “… Kris?” He said quietly. All the burden that had been weighing Kris down was suddenly lifted. Kris collapsed onto his knees, and looked at Tao with shining eyes. “Tao… I was so worried about you…”

 

Tao gulped. “I’m sorry…” Kris smiled tiredly and ran his fingers down Tao’s face. Tao frowned when he felt something wet down his cheeks and took Kris’s hand. His eyes widened when he saw the state Kris’s hands were in. “What happened?” He said. Kris laughed sheepishly. “Long story…”

 

Luhan linked his arm around Sehun’s and put his head on his shoulder. “I’m happy.” Sehun smiled. “Thank goodness. I don’t think I could’ve watched you cry anymore.” Luhan blushed and pouted at Sehun. Sehun grinned and kissed his pout. “Let’s go home, shall we my princess?” Luhan made a cute angry face and followed Sehun out, mumbling something about how he was not girly.

 

The couple left Kris and Tao alone as Kris told Tao about his father and the card-lock. Tao nodded when he finished, as if he understood everything. “So you’re not mad at me?” Kris asked. Tao looked at him incredulously. “Why would I be mad? It’s not your fault.” Kris sighed in relief. “Thank goodness. You are one of the only people who understand me.”

 

Tao grinned and blushed. “Its not like it a big deal…” Kris smiled back at him and ruffled his hair. “It is to me.” Truthfully, Tao felt very bad about Kris’s problem. He felt it was his fault, cause it was him who tried to feed him the chocolate cake in the first place. He wanted to help Kris.

 

But what could he do?

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Baekhyun threw his backpack down and sprawled himself on the couch. “I’m so tired…” He whined. Chanyeol, who had been chilling at home, sat across from him. “You know you don’t actually have to go to lectures, right?” Chanyeol raised and eyebrow.

 

Baekhyun sat up and pouted. “I’m not a genius like you. I need to learn my stuff.” Chanyeol grinned, one of his eyes becoming smaller than the other. Baekhyun thought that was cute. “I admit I’m a genius.” Chanyeol crossed his arms and sat back with a smug look on his face. Baekhyun threw a cushion at his face. “Shut up.”

 

Chanyeol moved to sit next to Baekhyun. “Can I ask you something?” he said, all seriousness. Baekhyun gulped, suddenly feeling a bit uncomfortable under Chanyeol’s stare. “S-sure.” Chanyeol seemed as uncomfortable as him. “We got off to a bit of a rocky start, didn’t we?”

 

“Y-yes…”

 

“Can we start over?” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun could see the sincerity in his eyes, and that touched his heart. Baekhyun wanted to say yes right away, but he knew that playing hard to get might be better. “What do you mean?” He said, as innocently as possible. Chanyeol twiddled his thumbs absently. “Well, I haven’t been treating you the best and all, and since we’re roommates, we might as well get to know each other better…” He tried to get what he wanted to out, but his words got kind of mixed up.

 

Baekhyun blinked. “Do you like me?” he said bluntly.

 

Chanyeol blinked back, and said just as bluntly, “Yes.”

 

Baekhyun’s face flushed red, and he quickly looked away. “Umm… that’s great and all, but…” Chanyeol suddenly got really close and stared into Baekhyun’s eyes. “Please. Give me a second chance. I want to show you who I really am. Go out with me.” Baekhyun gulped and leaned back, trying to put some distance between the two of them.

 

Chanyeol suddenly blushed when he realized what he was doing. He quickly moved back. “I-I’m sorry,” he stuttered. “There’s probably no way you’ll like me now.” He laughed sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun giggled. Chanyeol blushed a deeper red. “W-What?” Baekhyun smiled. “You’re so cute when you’re flustered.” Chanyeol frowned, but happy from the compliment. “I wouldn’t call myself cute…”

 

Baekhyun laughed some more. “I’ll go out with you.” Chanyeol’s eyes widened. “Really?” Baekhyun nodded. “I’m a better person than you, so I’m agreeing to go out with you. Just consider it as compensation for listening to me rant about Xiumin.”

 

Chanyeol grinned. “Great!” In a flash, he had pecked Baekhyun on the cheek. “I’ll tell you when our date is when I figure out what we are going to do.” He got up and went to his room, closing the door behind him. Baekhyun sat on the couch with wide eyes, surprised from the surprise kiss. When his brain registered what had happened, he touched his cheek and flushed a bright red. Then he patted his cheeks and took a deep breath.

 

Get a hold of yourself Byun Baekhyun. Don’t fall too hard.