December 1st (2)/December 5th

Tears of December

 

 

 

Chanyeol watched with a horrified expression as he watched Baekhyun plummet through the air and into the pool. Luhan and Sehun were both watching, but didn’t understand why Chanyeol looked so scared. The water swallowed Baekhyun with a splash, his body disappearing under the surface.

 

“That wasn’t a very good dive.” Sehun criticized, brushing his bangs backwards. However, Chanyeol was staring at the spot where Baekhyun entered the water. He kept watching and watching, but nothing came up. No mouth, gasping for air, and no familiar face either.

 

Chanyeol immediately sprang into action, dipping under the water and swimming downwards like a dolphin. Angels’ human form was different from Devils’ like himself. Chanyeol would regenerate if he got hurt, but he couldn’t die. Angels’ human forms were fragile. They could be easily hurt, and they can die. Their spirits would be trapped inside the dead body forever.

 

Chanyeol opened his eyes and spotted Baekhyun’s body, slowly sinking to the bottom. It was a 4m deep pool. Chanyeol knew he had to be quick.

 

With a burst of speed, he sliced through the water and reached Baekhyun. Looping his arm around Baekhyun’s arm, he dragged himself and the new weight towards the surface. The reached the surface just in time before Chanyeol also ran out of breath.

 

Chanyeol ignored his friends’ questions and pushed Baekhyun onto the pool deck. Then he climbed out and put his ear to Baekhyun’s chest. There was a faint trace of a heartbeat, but just barely. Palm over palm, Chanyeol pushed down on Baekhyun’s chest. After, he lifted Baekhyun’s chin, pulled his jaw down and did two rescue breaths.

 

Chanyeol repeated this process until he felt Baekhyun’s body shake underneath him. He moved back as Baekhyun coughed and hacked, regurgitating large amounts of water. Once he seemed okay, Chanyeol wrapped his arms around the smaller male and hugged him tight. Baekhyun was surprised at first, and then he returned the hug.

 

“Why did you do that, Baekie? You know you’re not a strong swimmer, so why? If I hadn’t been there… I don’t want to think about it. Do you know how I would feel if you weren’t with me anymore?” Chanyeol felt tears streaming down his face, but he didn’t care. All he cared about was that Baekhyun, his Baekhyun, was safe.

 

Baekhyun felt tears come to his own eyes and he hugged Chanyeol tighter. “I’m sorry, Chanyeol. I’m so, so, sorry.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Chanyeol sighed as the long, long lecture about the human anatomy was finally over. He collected his textbooks and binders, stuffing them into his backpack. He was dead tired, and his limbs were sore from sitting too much. It was already quite late, and in the winter, the nights came faster.

 

With a grunt, Chanyeol slung his backpack over his shoulder and dragged himself out of the lecture hall. As he neared the exit of the building, he realized it was raining. He patted the side of his backpack and swore quietly because he forgot his umbrella. He sighed in irritation and pulled his jacket closer to his body.

 

He gritted his teeth as the cold wind and needle like rain battered his face and body. The ground was slippery with slush, as the rain melted the thin layer of snow that had fallen the night before. His sneakers were soaked in a matter of seconds, his feet turning painfully cold and numb.

 

Unfortunately, his dorm was quite a distance away from the lecture hall. It usually took about 20 minutes to walk, but that was on good days. He pulled his hood lower on his face, his bangs already damp from the rain.

 

After about 5 minutes of slipping and sliding, he was soaked to the skin, dripping and cold. Shivers ran up and down his body, as an involuntary action to get warm. What was worse was he could barely see in front of him. He had to constantly wipe his glasses to get rid of the rain. It didn’t help that his sleeves were soaked and made his glasses even blurrier.

 

Another 5 minutes or so passed, and it seemed like he hadn’t gone anywhere at all. The surroundings were similar, trees and buildings. You think that by now he could find his way around, but he still had trouble, especially with the winding paths and the illegible street signs. 

 

Chanyeol could barely feel his forearms as he pushed through the rainstorm. Some of the rain had turned to hail, and was now painfully bouncing off his numb face. Water dripped from his hair, clothes, and even his backpack. He didn’t want to think about the damage on his books.

 

Suddenly, his barely functioning left foot collided with his right, causing him to topple over and straight into a puddle. The freezing water splashed upwards to meet his body, as if he wasn’t cold enough already. With shaky hands, he tried to push himself up, but he fell back down again.

 

A shadow fell over him as the rain seemed to stop falling for a moment. Chanyeol sighed in relief as he thought the storm had stopped. Then he realized there was still rain on his feet and legs. Chanyeol looked up a saw someone he never in a thousand years thought he would see at this very moment. The sweet voice he knew so well sang loud and clear, like a birdsong in early spring. 

 

“Need some help?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Thanks everyone for reading and subscribing!!! :D I really appreciate you support, and I love you all <3 *gives you cookies*

I'm at 80 subbies!!! XD I'm so happy because this is like my record :) I had 60-ish in my other story, but I didn't know how to finish it, so I stopped *don't tell them lol*

Anyway, I appreciate each and every one of my subbies :D Thank you all! I hope I replied to all your comments lol :)

Please check out Revenge is Bittersweet as well!! It features the same Hunhan in this story, but when they were alive :D I'll go update it as soon as I'm done here :)

Thanks for reading, and I will try to update as fast as I can!! (I'm up to my eyeballs in homework and stuff OTL)