September 16th

Tears of December

“Everyone, this is Xiumin.” Baekhyun said. Everyone introduced themselves to Xiumin, and vice versa. “I’m from the business section, by the way. Where are all you guys from?”

 

Luhan smiled. “Medical.” Xiumin’s eyes widened. “All of you? Isn’t medical school difficult?” Sehun snorted. “Hell yeah. But I’m only here for Luhan.” Xiumin laughed, while Luhan blushed. “I see there is a couple here.” Xiumin said, pointing out the obvious.

 

They were sitting around a coffee table, and a waiter came by. “Can I have your order?” The man said. He had a very sharp jaw line, and it was very square. His hair was cut short so it pointed forward at the very front. He was very attractive, in a more manly way. Xiumin eyed the man’s nametag and gave him a flirtatious look, unbeknownst to Baekhyun. “Hello, Chen. I’ll have a grande Caramel Brule Latte with one espresso shot.” Chen wrote it down on a little note pad and smiled at the rest of the gang. “And you guys?”

 

“Grande Hot White Chocolate Mocha with two pumps raspberry.” Luhan and Sehun said at the same time.

 

“Grande Regular Coffee.” Kris said, to which Tao piped up, “Tall Milk coffee!”

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat. “Grande Cinnamon Dolce Latte with one pump caramel, and one pump chocolate.”

 

Baekhyun was the last to order. “Tall Café Misto with one pump chocolate, one pump hazelnut with caramel drizzle, and blend the cream in.” Chen feverishly scribbled all the complicated drink names, then gave them a sad look before leaving to make the drinks.

 

Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun. “That has got to be the most gay sounding drink ever.” Baekhyun glared at him. “So what? I’m gay too.” Then he motioned to the rest of the gang. “And so is almost everyone else.” Luhan laughed. “Well, I think Sehun and I ordered the most gay drink. It’s called a Raspberry Cheesecake, for goodness sake.”

 

The gang laughed, not caring if the rest of the people in the café looked at them weird. They didn’t care about being openly gay, or maybe that was because half of them were technically dead anyway.

 

After half an hour of joking around, and getting to know each other better, Chen came back with a huge tray of drinks. “Here are your drinks.” He said with a slightly forced smile. The gang smiled evilly, except Baekhyun, who was all apologies and innocence. Chen looked a little better after that, but he went back to work anyway.

 

Baekhyun opened the cap of his drink. He hated drinking from the small mouthpiece of the traveler’s cup. Some foam got onto his top lip, and he it away. Xiumin looked over and grabbed a napkin. “You missed some.” Xiumin wiped it away, earning a blush from Baekhyun. “T-Thanks.”

 

Sehun faked gagged. “This isn’t a Korean drama, you know.” Chanyeol didn’t look too happy, and Kris sensed it. He put a hand on Chanyeol shoulder to calm the boy’s fiery temper.

 

Luhan laughed, a hint of awkwardness. “I think it’s cute.” Then he pouted. “Sehunnie, you never do that for me.” He gave Sehun puppy eyes (more like deer eyes), which melted his heart right away. Actually, Sehun was just very , and he attacked Luhan’s mouth with his own.

 

Baekhyun turned a deep red and looked away. Xiumin laughed awkwardly, while Kris covered Tao’s eyes. Chanyeol threw a balled up napkin at the back of Sehun’s head. “Get a room, geez.”

 

Kris looked at his watch. “Uhh, I have to take Tao to his… appointment.” Tao frowned. “I don’t have an-----” Kris put a hand on the panda boy’s mouth and wheeled him out of the café. 

 

Xiumin grinned, his incisors showing. “I guess I’ll go too. I have to study anyway.” He left to the washroom, but before going, he slipped his number to the waiter. “Call me, cutie.” Xiumin winked at a blushing Chen, who carefully folded the number and put it in his pocket.

 

Unfortunately (or fortunately), Baekhyun did not see the exchange.

 

This left Chanyeol, who saw the little number swap, and Baekhyun sitting there awkwardly, while Luhan and Sehun finally decided to go back to their room and finish their love-making there. “So uh…” Chanyeol started. Baekhyun cleared his throat, noticing that Xiumin had walked out of the washroom. “I need to go to the library.” He said quickly, following Xiumin out.

 

Chanyeol cursed under his breath, slamming a wad of bills on the table. He angrily grabbed his jacket and stormed out of the café.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Xiumin!” Baekhyun called out. Xiumin, who was a few meters in front of him, stopped and turned around. “Yeah?” He said with a smile.

 

Baekhyun blushed and rubbed the back of his neck shyly. “I-I just wanted to say I had fun hanging out with you today.” He paused. “E-Even though there were other’s I-I still had a lot of fun, c-cause you are a really c-cool guy.” The words spluttered from Baekhyun’s mouth, and to Baekhyun it sounded like a train wreck.

 

However, Xiumin found it cute. “You don’t have to be so nervous around me!” He reached out and pinched Baekhyun’s cheek, causing him to turn bright red. “You can call me up anytime you want to hang out.”

 

Baekhyun smiled and touched his cheek where Xiumin pinched him. “O-okay. Well, I guess I see you around.” He said. Xiumin smiled back. “Yeah.”

 

With that, they went their opposite ways.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Baekhyun can I talk to you?” Chanyeol said, as soon as Baekhyun stepped through the door. Baekhyun was still on cloud 9, so he didn’t notice Chanyeol’s angry expression. “Yeah?” He answered dreamily.

 

“I saw Xiumin give Chen his number. He was totally flirting.”

 

Baekhyun’s expression completely changed in 2 seconds flat. “Are you just jealous of what happened today?” Chanyeol held up his hands defensively. “No, I just wanted to tell you so you wouldn’t get hurt later.” Baekhyun turned around and stomped to his room. Chanyeol grabbed his shoulder. “I just want you to be careful.”

 

Baekhyun whipped around and Chanyeol noticed his eyes were watering. “I think you just want me to stay away from Xiumin because you are scared I like him. I’m pretty sure you like me, and you’re just using Chen as an excuse for your jealousy. You don’t even know of my situation, and how hard it is for me to find love right now.” He said bitterly. Tears were starting to spill from Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

“A stupid devil like you would never understand me.”

 

This set Chanyeol’s fire-like temper off. “Are you saying that devils can’t love? Then what are Luhan and Sehun, huh? I’m only trying to protect you, to help you, and this is the treatment I get?” he spat. “Okay, so maybe there is something making the both us feel this way, but I’m in a horrible situation too. We come from different worlds, Baekhyun. It’s going to be hard for the both of us to find love on Earth. And maybe I do like you, okay!” He screamed the last line, his neck veins popping out from strain.

 

Baekhyun stared at him in surprise and horror. Then, the tears and emotion got the better of him. He raised his hand and slapped Chanyeol across the face. “Don’t tell me about how we are the same!” He screamed and ran into his room, slamming the door.

 

Chanyeol rubbed his cheek and realized that his eyes began to water. He grabbed the nearest thing of the counter, which happened to be a cup. Chanyeol threw it against the wall, and it shattered into pieces.

 

Then, he lay on the couch and put his arm over his eyes, trying to stop the tears. “. I’m in this deeper than I thought.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: OOOOOOOO Baekyeol drama :3