November 22nd

Tears of December

November 22nd:

 

 

The three couples gathered at the base of the mountain right on the edge of the forest, where the games were going to take place. There were many couples there, but they were the only gay couples. “Oh look, we’re special.” Sehun commented, earning a laugh from his friends.

 

The announcer got up on the mini podium and tapped his mic. “Welcome everyone, to the Love-Love Couple Race! In this race, you must follow the map and complete each challenge without breaking the string that connects your wrists together. First couple to cross the finish line and complete each challenge wins the mystery prize!”

 

A person came and tied Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s wrists together. “Let’s hold hands so we don’t break the string, okay?” Baekhyun nodded in agreement and the two twined their fingers together.

 

All the couples lined up at the starting line. “Ready, get set, go!” The horn sounded and all the couples raced down the track to the first challenge. “Are you kidding me?” Baekhyun groaned, upon seeing the first challenge. Chanyeol grinned and began putting on his skates. “Hurry, or else we’ll fall behind!”

 

Baekhyun did as he was told, carefully tying his laces so the string connecting him and Chanyeol wouldn’t break. It was a really thin thread, like the ones used for embroidery. “Are you ready?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun nodded, and off they went.

 

Chanyeol skated slowly, encouraging Baekhyun along the way. Baekhyun hobbled along, trying his best not to slow his boyfriend down. He sighed as many couples passed him. Tao and Kris passed them and waved. “Good luck!” Tao called, as Kris pushed him down the frozen path.

 

Finally they reached the end, with only a few couples behind them. “We’re so far behind.” Baekhyun said, taking off his skates. Chanyeol grinned. “That’s okay, as long as we’re together, right?” He pecked the shorter one on the lips, earning a blush. “I-I guess so.”

 

They ran hand in hand to the next challenge, which was under the tall, snow-topped conifers. “Fire the arrows at the targets to make the bags drop. Inside the bags are the items needed to complete the next challenges.” Baekhyun read the sign posted at the start of the challenge.

 

Chanyeol picked up the bow and arrow and fired. He missed the target entirely. Baekhyun giggled. “Let me try.” He loaded the arrow and pulled the string back. He aimed and let the arrow fly through the air, hitting the bulls-eye exactly. The bag fell, and they ran to retrieve it.

 

“How did you do that?” Chanyeol asked incredulously. Baekhyun grinned. “Skill.” Chanyeol laughed at his answer and opened the little pouch. There was a map, a flashlight, and pink, heart shaped flag. “What a big flashlight.” Chanyeol commented, tossing the flashlight in the air.

Baekhyun snatched it out of his hand. “Let’s get going, or we’ll lose!” The taller one nodded and followed his boyfriend through the forest. 

 

They weaved through the trees and arrived at their destination. Luhan and Sehun were already finished and heading to the next course. Sehun turned around and shot them a grin. “Hey, looks like we are going to win!” Chanyeol stuck his tongue out playfully. “No way! Me and Baekie are winning!”

 

Baekhyun tugged his arm again and prodded him a black marker. “What’s our couple name?” He said. Chanyeol blinked. “What?” Baekhyun waved the flag in his face. “Couple name.” He said it slowly as if he were talking to a five-year old, and in this case, he kind of was.

 

Chanyeol nodded slowly. “How about… Chanbaek?” Baekhyun frowned. “That doesn’t have a nice ring to it…” He thought for a moment. “How about Baekyeol?”

 

Chanyeol scoffed. “The guy’s name is supposed to go first.”

 

Baekhyun pouted. “Well we’re both guys so it doesn’t matter.”

 

“I like Chanbaek.”

 

“I like Baekyeol.”

 

Kris and Tao suddenly popped out of nowhere and walked past them. “I think Baekyeol sounds better.” Tao said, winking at Baekhyun. Baekhyun grinned at Chanyeol’s dumfounded face. “See, even Tao agrees.” He then poked Chanyeol on the nose with the marker and turned around to write their couple name down.

 

Chanyeol smiled and waited for Baekhyun to finish. “Done?” He said. Baekhyun nodded happily and they ran to the fourth challenge.

 

The fourth challenge was sledding down the hill and collecting 5 flags along the way. Luhan and Sehun were already halfway down the mountain, but it seemed they were having trouble. Chanyeol cracked his knuckles. “I’m really good at this. We’ll get to the bottom in no time.”

 

Chanyeol grabbed a sled and Baekhyun sat in the front while Chanyeol sat behind him. “Are you sure you know what you are doing?” Baekhyun asked, sitting cross-legged at the front. Chanyeol grinned. “Just concentrate on getting the flags.”

 

Chanyeol stuck his legs out and grabbed the reins, pushing off and sending the speeding down the mountain. He expertly turned the sled by leaning to the left, letting Baekhyun grab the first flag with no difficulty.

 

The second one was right up ahead, and Baekhyun took it off easily as well. The two of them laughed and whooped when they passed Luhan and Sehun, where Luhan kept scolding Sehun about touching his .

 

They grabbed all the flags in record time, showed the person working there, and booked it to the next challenge. They had really pulled ahead, and were one of the leading couples. Chanyeol squeezed Baekhyun’s hand as they ran, and the latter squeezed back.

 

They arrived at the last challenge, slightly out of breath. “Make your way through the cave with the map and flashlight. Find the strawberry candy hidden somewhere in the cave to proceed.” Chanyeol read the sign. “Well that’s not too hard, right Baekie?”

 

Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun. “Baekie?” He said. Baekhyun was staring at the pitch-black entrance to the cave, his eyes wide and his skin pale. Chanyeol sighed and pulled Baekhyun into a half hug, not letting go of his hand. “It’s okay, just hold onto me, okay?” Baekhyun nodded into Chanyeol collar, relishing the rumble of his chest as he spoke.

 

Chanyeol the flashlight and gently ushered Baekhyun into the cave. “I-I can’t see…” Baekhyun whined, clinging to Chanyeol as if his life depended on it. He felt as if it did. Chanyeol squeezed Baekhyun’s hand reassuringly.

 

“Strawberry candy, strawberry candy…” Chanyeol mumbled, moving the flashlight around to look for their treasure. “Where’s that goddamn candy?”

 

Suddenly, a presence made Chanyeol freeze. The hair on the back of his neck bristled, and he pushed Baekhyun behind him in a protective manner. “W-What’s that?” The already scared to death Baekhyun became even more alarmed, for he could feel the presence too. He just couldn’t put a name on it.

 

“Stay behind me, and don’t let go.” Chanyeol growled, his upper lip twitching in a canine way. Baekhyun’s wide eyes widened more upon seeing the state his boyfriend was in.

 

Two shadowy figures appeared in front of them. Then they said in unison, “Ah, It’s the prince and his little girlfriend.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: OOOOOO WHO COULD HAVE APPEARED~~~~~

I know I said I would tell you this time, but not telling until the next update~~~ :D *hides*

But seriously, I love all you guys with your comments and stuff T~T You guys deserve cookies and lots of karma :D

RenaBunny: Well you found out... kind of :D

eXosphere: LOLing so hard at your Donghae comment XD

SunnyELF15: Hmm yes. Well just so you know, I do like happy endings. Kind of.

hanadylaila: I will try my best!!

Thank you all for you wonderful comments!!!

PS. I might start to update slower since school has started. *shoots school* I'll try to keep it at once every 4-5 days :)