One Year Later

Tears of December

One Year Later

 

 

 

It has been one long year since the most important and significant people had left their lives. That one year had been colourless and lifeless, even though they had tried their hardest to keep their spirits up, it just wasn’t the same. Without their other half, it just wasn’t the same.

 

Kris clicked away on his phone, walking down street in long strides. Since Tao died, his father had been endlessly calling him, trying to set him up with girls. They were all of high status, and some of them were actually decently pleasant. Kris tried his best to entertain them, but at the end, he would tell them there was someone else on his mind. The girls asked about this mystery person, but Kris never answered.

 

His phone beeped again as his father sent him a text. Kris frowned. I really need to change my number, he thought. He continued down the street. Suddenly, he stopped. His stomach growled and he swore quietly. He ate only an hour ago, and now he was hungry again.

 

Kris sighed. The time on his phone said 11:55. He was supposed to meet some girl named Scarlette for lunch at 12:00. Kris contemplated for a second, and shrugged. He didn’t really want to go to that fancy restaurant anyway.

 

Kris turned around and resumed clicking away on his phone. Sehun was sending him long distance texts about his trip to Italy with Luhan. Kris smiled slightly. Out of all places, they chose Italy.

 

It’s so nice here! There are canals, and pizza, and pasta! The pasta here is really good ^_^

 

Kris smiled. Really? Well in Seoul there’s ddeokbokki. That’s good stuff.

 

I’ve been eating that stuff since I was a kid, okay? ;)

 

Suddenly, Kris bumped into someone. “Sorry.” He mumbled, looking forward. His breath caught in his throat, as something inside him seemed to recognize the person in front of him. How is this possible? I thought he died…

 

The boy with the black hair blinked. “Why do you look so stunned?” There was a hint of mischief in his eyes, and that was when Kris knew. Kris wrapped his arms around the boy and hugged him tightly.

 

“What… how? I thought… but…” Kris mumbled, too surprised to cry.

 

Tao smiled into his hug. “I was always here. I’ve been your guardian angel since the day I went to heaven.”

 

Kris laughed, a warm feeling spreading across his chest. His heart had been made complete once again.  He looked Tao up and down, the corners of his lips curving into a large smile. “So does that mean you’re completely human now? Or…”

 

Tao laughed. “Do I not look completely human to you? I’m not sick, and I can walk freely. I’ll be able to live the life I’ve always wanted to, starting now.” Tao grinned at Kris and wrapped his arms around Kris. “I missed you so much.” He murmured, tightening his hug.

 

Kris smiled and returned the embrace. “Don’t ever leave me, okay?” Kris said, his voice threatening in a teasing way.

 

Tao giggled. “I promise.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Careless, careless, shoot anonymous, anonymous~

 

Chanyeol’s alarm blared loud and clear through his now extremely quite dorm. He groaned and slapped the digital clock a few times before it finally shut up. Then he fell asleep again.

 

He woke up about an hour later, and stretched. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and glanced at his clock. His sleep-deprived mind didn’t register the time at first. Finally, when it did register, he leapt out of bed and threw on an outfit. He didn’t even have time to put his contacts in. He put on his glasses so quickly he stabbed himself in the eye.

 

I’m going to be late! Chanyeol kicked the door closed with his foot, while he used his arms to pull on a jacket. He didn’t have time to fumble with his keys, so on this rare occasion he used his demonic powers to seal the door shut.

 

He booked it down the hallway, flying down two flights of stairs because the elevator would be too slow. His backpack hopped up and down on his back, the things inside getting jostled around. Chanyeol chewed on a slice of bread as he made his way towards the lecture hall.

 

He meant to wake up early and look over his notes again, but he didn’t. Chanyeol reviewed the notes in his head as he sprinted down the street. He had a psychology test, and even though it was a small one, he had to go. Lately his marks had been dropping, so he needed to make up for it. He hated psychology though; he didn’t even know why he took the course.

 

As he murmured the information over and over in his head, he didn’t notice that he was about to crash into someone. They hit head on and both fell to the ground. Chanyeol fell backwards onto his , his hand scraping the ground. He swore as a stinging sensation shot through his hand.

 

He looked forward and saw the person he bumped into collecting his books off the ground. Chanyeol shuffled towards him. “Hey sorry about that.” He said, picking up and book and handing it to the boy. “I was running too f------”

 

When he saw the face of the boy, the happy yet painful memories crashed over him like a tsunami. “B-Baekhyun?” He asked tentatively.

 

The boy took the book with a smile. “Boo.” His voice had a hint of shyness in it, and it felt like the first day of school, when Baekhyun was trying to find his way to his new room. Chanyeol’s eyes grew wide. “Did you know I was going to be here today? Did you plan this out?” Chanyeol still couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He didn’t think he would see Baekhyun again, even though he technically worked for Satan now.

 

“Yes and no.” Baekhyun replied, shifting the position of the books in his hands. “I planned to come see you, but I didn’t expect to see you here.” He frowned. “Are you crying?”

 

Chanyeol blinked and wiped his eyes. He hadn’t even noticed he was crying, for he was too shocked to have any real sort of reaction. “I guess so.” He laughed. He paused, thinking. “So like… what exactly are you now?” He didn’t really know how to phrase his question, so he hoped he got his point across.

 

Baekhyun shrugged. “I guess I’m one of you now. I mean like you and Sehun and Luhan. Sort of.”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “I have so many questions, I don’t even know where to start.” Chanyeol slowly reached out to touch Baekhyun. Baekhyun laughed. “I’m not going to disappear if you touch me.” He said.

 

Chanyeol took that as an invitation to hug Baekhyun, which he did. He held the shorter boy tightly, afraid it would be like the night Baekhyun left. “You’re here to stay, right?” Chanyeol said quietly.

 

Baekhyun nuzzled Chanyeol’s collarbone. “Of course.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Hi all!!!! Super super super super super super super super sorry I didn't update in so long OTL OTL OTL I've been really busy with school stuff, and because its nearing Christmas, preperations for concerts and other events like that. I'm really sorry, but here you go! This is the final chapter of Tears of December, and I hope you enjoyed reading. I know they ending is sort of cheesy though OTL OTL

Just so you know I planned the deaths and the ending from the very beginning :D Everything else was just sort of squished into it XD I'm glad I got a good response though LOL

Wow!!! 105 subscribers!!! I reached my goal of 100 and I'm extremely thankful and grateful to you all. I loved all your comments; they really gave me the motivation to keep updating. I love you all :D *showers you with cookies and ice cream*

I said I would make a new story, and I still intend on doing it. I don't know when yet, but maybe over the holidays? I dunno yet OTL But I will write another story for sure. I love writing, and I don't intend to stop.

And obviously, it'll feature EXO. And lots of glourious pairings :D I won't tell which pairings they are though XD

Anyway I will end my long author's note here :D I hope you enjoyed reading, and wait for the next story!!! :D