November 22nd Part 3

Tears of December

Chanyeol and Baekhyun emerged from the cave and saw no one in front or behind them. They walked the short distance to the finish line and were congratulated by the announcer from earlier. “Congratulations! You are first to finish the race. Now you have one more mission to complete before you can officially win. Do you have the candy?”

 

The announcer must have been as dense as a brick, Chanyeol thought, if he couldn’t see the hurt expressions both parties were wearing. He took the strawberry flavored candy out of his pocket. “Okay, now you have to do a candy kiss.” The announcer said in an ironically cheery voice.

 

Chanyeol sighed and popped the candy in his mouth. “Baekhyun?” Chanyeol said quietly. Baekhyun didn’t say anything and received the kiss. It wasn’t much more than just passing the candy through the mouth. It was quick, with only a slight brush of the lips. Baekhyun opened his mouth, showing the pink candy. The announcer nodded approvingly. “And we have our winner!”

 

He handed them two tickets labeled winner in bright yellow lettering on a purple background. “Tonight you get to have a fancy rooftop dinner at the top of Polar Bear Lodge, and you get the whole top floor to yourselves for the entire night. Don’t forget your passes!”

 

The announcer left them awkwardly standing there to wait for the other couples to arrive. Baekhyun stared at his feet while Chanyeol tried to look anywhere but Baekhyun. However, no matter how hard he tried, his eyes would wader back to the smaller man.

 

“Hey! Chanyeol!” Chanyeol gratefully turned to see the source of the voice. It was Sehun and Luhan running hand in hand with smiles plastered on their faces. “Did you win?” Sehun asked. Chanyeol nodded, and held up the passes. “Wow, fancy.” Sehun commented, reading the back of the ticket.

 

“What’s wrong with Baekhyun?” Luhan said with a worried tone. Chanyeol sighed and told them about Lay and Kai. They were quiet after hearing the story, until Sehun swore and launched into a flurry of insults regarding the two warlocks. “I’ll go talk to him.” Luhan said, walking over to Baekhyun.

 

“Hey are you alright?” Luhan said, putting a hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder. Baekhyun didn’t look up. “I’m fine.” He answered. Luhan bit his lip. “Lay and Kai are just troublemakers. You don’t have to take them seriously.” Baekhyun didn’t say anything, just continued to stare at his feet. “I’m sure Chanyeol does love you.” He added for good measure.

 

Baekhyun pushed Luhan’s hand off his shoulder. “Leave me alone.” He said, before turning and walking away. Luhan watched him go with concern, fearing that the boy’s heart had been broken a little too much. He dejectedly shuffled back to where Sehun and Chanyeol were, now joined by Kris and Tao.

 

“What’s gotten into Baekhyun?” Kris asked, watching the short male’s retreating figure. Chanyeol watched him leave, tears threatening spill. He suddenly threw a hard punch at Sehun, who yelped in surprise and pain. “What was that-----” He stopped when he saw tears streaming out of Chanyeol’s eyes.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

That night, Chanyeol roomed with Sehun and Luhan, leaving Baekhyun alone. Although Chanyeol was against it, Luhan said it would probably be for the best. They had two beds anyway.

 

“It’ll be okay, Chanyeol. You’ve won him over once, you can do it again.” Sehun said, putting as much enthusiasm in his voice as possible. Luhan hit Sehun on the arm. “It’s not that easy! He’s more sensitive than that.”

 

Sehun frowned, deep in thought. Then he sighed, and ruffled Luhan’s hair. “You’re just like a girl. You have woman’s intuition or something, that us guys don’t have.” Luhan blushed, and then kicked Sehun off their bed. Sehun landed with a loud thump, and Chanyeol swore he heard a crack.

 

“That’s what you get for calling me a girl.” Luhan huffed angrily, crossing his arms. Sehun let out a pained laugh, trying to get his limbs in order.

 

Chanyeol sat cross-legged on the other bed and watched the other couple fight. He remembered all the little arguments he had with Baekhyun, and it hurt. It hurt to remember everything, and it hurt to realize he’s losing the one he loved the most.

 

“I don’t want to lose you.” Chanyeol whispered, catching the attention of Luhan and Sehun. “What did you say?” Luhan asked. Chanyeol shook his head, and walked to the balcony overlooking the forest. He saw the stars, and they glistened in the navy blue sky like fireflies. It was a nice change from the hazy sky they usually had in Seoul. The fresh night air tickled Chanyeol’s face, and for a moment, he felt calm.

 

He looked down and saw Baekhyun also standing on the balcony, just one floor below. He was staring at the sky too. A breeze played through his soft, chocolate locks, and Chanyeol longed to run his hands through them. He hadn’t talked to him in a day, and unfortunately, there was nothing he could do about it.

 

Chanyeol wanted to tell Baekhyun that it was going to be okay, that he did love him. The only thing that scared Chanyeol was that he wouldn’t believe him. The fear of losing Baekhyun overcame all the pain, and it was suffocating.

 

“Baekhyun…” Chanyeol murmured, the familiar name suddenly feeling foreign. “I don’t want to lose you, do you know that?” He said. Baekhyun probably couldn’t hear him, but he said it anyways. “I do love you, and I always will. Don’t go. Don’t ever go.”

 

There was suddenly a shooting star, and Chanyeol quickly clasped his hands together and made a wish.

 

I wish Baekhyun could come back. Please. I wish we could be together again.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Hi! I'm a bit tired today, so I'm just going to thank you all and I will reply to your comments later :) Thank you!!