September 2nd

Tears of December

Tonight, Baekhyun tries his luck at a straight club.

 

The club on the corner of Robson Street is popular. It is a 2 level bar, with the VIP suite underneath the crowded first floor. In the doorway and situated around and in the club are tough security guards, making sure that all hell will not break loose. The club itself reeks of alcohol and sweat, with the slight sourness of vomit. People’s bodies rub against each other as they dance, possessed by the loud music.

 

In stark contrast to the dark, drunk aura of the bar, a thin male, dressed in a white t-shirt and jeans, sits on one of the stools. He gives off a very pure feel, almost angelic. His dark brown hair was fluffed to perfection and not a single bead of sweat tainted his perfect face.

 

A provocatively dressed female joins him and orders a drink. The male makes his move.

 

“Hi. I’m Baekhyun. Nice to meet you.” He slid the bartender some money, and the girl smiled. She turned to him. “I’m Naeun.” She sipped her drink. Baekhyun nodded. “A pretty name, to go along with a pretty face.” Naeun flipped her hair. “And a good looking guy like you to go with a pretty girl like me.”

 

Baekhyun pretended to sip from his own drink, and smiled back at the girl. “So, do you come here often?” He used his best flirtatious smirk.

 

“Not often, no. How old are you?” She asked.

 

“20.”

 

“Same.”

 

They sat in a comfortable silence until Baekhyun said, “You know, why don’t we dance?” She crossed her long, elegant legs. “Not today.” She took a pen and a small notebook from her purse. Baekhyun shifted, trying to see what she was writing.

 

Naeun ripped the slip out of the notebook and handed it to Baekhyun. “My ride is waiting.” She flashed him a smile. “Call me.” She disappeared into the crowd of people.

 

Baekhyun chuckled and folded the paper. He got what he came here for, so he too, slipped quietly out of the club.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Baekhyun checked his cellphone. 1:30 am. It’s getting late. He thought. He zipped up his jacket as he rubbed his eyes sleepily. Pretending to be a bad boy was tiring, especially when he wasn’t used to his human form yet. He sighed and walked down the street, illuminated only by the moon and the streetlights.

 

He looked at the sky. Is God watching me? He wondered. For a guardian angel to fail at protecting was the worst. It was even worse than being sent to hell. Baekhyun hadn’t meant to let the girl he was protecting die, yet God still said he had failed his duties as a guardian angel.

 

Now he had to find true love within 3 months, or he will descend to hell, as be played by Satan like a puppet.

 

Suddenly, he heard drunken laughter from down the street. A shiver ran up Baekhyun’s spine, but he focused on walking. Keep calm, Baekhyun. They won’t notice you. Baekhyun attempted to walk past them, but they stopped and wouldn’t let Baekhyun past.

 

“Whhoooo… Look at this pretty girl…” One of the guys slurred, his breath reeking of alcohol. “Datssss not a guurll… I tink…” The taller man said, while the shortest one laughed like a maniac.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat. “Excuse me.” He tried to get past them, but the one who spoke first grabbed his arm. “No way… am I gun’ let a preety gurl go.” He cackled and tried to grab both Baekhyun’s arms.

 

“Let go of me!” Baekhyun yelled, landing a kick on the guy’s crotch. This was a bad move, for it angered the man further. “Datssss not nice…” The man punched Baekhyun in the jaw, causing him to stumble backward. The tall man came from behind and grabbed both Baekhyun’s arms.

 

“You kinda looks like a duuudde…” Baekhyun shot the man a disgusted glare as he tried to get out of the tall man’s grip. The short man who had been watching with a crooked smile drowsily walked towards them and kicked Baekhyun in the stomach.

 

Baekhyun coughed and felt his knees get weak. He knew he couldn’t give up, so he kept struggling.

 

Somewhere nearby, leaning against a tree, a tall man dressed in full black watched the fight. His light brown bangs were brushed upward, and his expression was curious and criticizing. He twirled a purple glow stick in his hand, while watching the scene unfold. He had the power to help the poor guy, but he took his time deciding whether or not to.

 

Finally, he dropped the purple glow stick and walked toward the three men in a menacing manner. “Hey.” He said. His deep voice did not match his pretty boy looks, surprising the three men. “Who da haaaiillll are you?” The man who kicked Baekhyun asked.

 

As soon as Baekhyun saw the man clad in black, he knew.

 

He knew he was a devil.

 

Without a word, the man gracefully landed blows on all three men, causing them to fall, groaning in pain. Baekhyun staggered to a standing position and wiped blood off his mouth. “Thanks… ummm…”

 

“Chanyeol.” The man in black said. Baekhyun nodded and winced as he zipped his jacket up. “Well then, I’ll be going.” He said, awkwardly. “Okay.”

 

Baekhyun scurried past Chanyeol and headed home. A part of him wanted to keep talking to him, but another part of him knew that he shouldn’t even talk to a pawn of Satan. He sighed and sped up.

 

Chanyeol watched Baekhyun’s back disappear into the night, and then he closed his eyes. There was something strange about that angel, but Chanyeol couldn’t put a name on it. He turned around and became one with the darkness.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yeah, really boring chapter I know OTL Just as a note, Baekhyun is bi, which explains why he is at a straight bar and goes to gay bars as well. Sorry for the weirdness OTL There will be more Baekyeol next chapter, and Taoris too!!! So subscribe and leave a comment, telling me how I did. Feedback and critism is allow, just no bashing. Thank you!!!!