Manwah

The Simplest of Things

 

 

 

I was back in class working on my essay. I had almost filled both sides of the paper, which made me really proud. I glanced over at the girl next to me and noticed she was on her fourth page.

 

I should probably work on this during lunch break...I thought to myself. I'm never going to get it done at this rate...

 

I kept on writing, sometimes looking at either book for help. I really enjoyed this class, it was nice and peaceful. I would rather write an essay than listen to Mr. Lee rant on about whatever he was talking about. By writting, I could be in my own little world excluding all my surroundings and fully submerging myself in thought.

 

I paused for a moment as I reached the last line of my second page. I flipped the sheet over and began counting all the words. I scrolled my eyes through each line carefully keeping track. My finger followed my view so that I wouldn't lose my place. I turned the paper over and continued counting until the bottom.

 

Four hundred...I stopped. I got four hundred words...that's pretty good! One hundred to go!

 

I happily finished writting on what space there was left on the last line. Once I had totally filled the line to it's max, the lunch bell rang. Mr. Lee got up from his desk and bowed us goodbye as he left the room.

I gathered my things in my hands and lifted myself up from my seat. I positioned the stuff comfortably in my arms and left the room.

 

Seems like Minki didn't come to class again...I sighed, frowning a little. I think I'm going to eat lunch later...I don't want to get stuck in that mob of people near the line up...they really were scary...library here I co-

 

Someone had tripped me in the hall causing me to fall to the ground and lose my train of thought. My stuff scattered all around me. I rapidly lifted my body up confusedly darting my eyes all around.

 

Holy! I shook, grabbing my things laying on the floor. Who the hell did that?

Everyone who passed by just starred at me and laughed. I kept my head low doing my best to ignore them.

Oh my God this is so embarrassing...I just want to die...who did it? Who in the world tripped me?! Who? Who? 

 

I finally collected what I had dropped and got back to my feet. I turned around to face four familiar girls oddly smirking at me.

 

They seem suspicious...I thought, looking them up and down. Who are they? They look familiar...

 

"Hey foreigner." the pink haired one greeted.

"Uh...hello." I awkwardly said back.

Is she the one who tripped me? I wondered looking at all the starring eyes. Evil little...

"I heard you called my boyfriend a jack ." she mentioned, making her grin twist into a frown.

Boyfriend? What is she talking about? Wait a second...pink hair?... 

"Also you didn't apologize. Bad girl." another one with short hair continued.

 

Aren't they the ones from the limo? I carefully analyzed them. Yes! Yes they are! Why in the world did they freaking trip me? Those stupid little...and what did I even do? What the hell?! I've never met them before! 

 

"You better apologize or else." another girl threatened, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Or else?" I asked confusedly catching the last thing they had said.

The pink haired girl chuckled at the girls behind her, then turned to me with a strange smirk.

"Bad things are going to happen." she hissed, crossing her arms in amusement.

What is going on? I am so pissed right now...why in the world did you trip me?! That hurt!

"What's this about? Sorry I'm lost." I honestly asked, trying to set my mind straight.

The girls eyed me from top to bottom with disgust.

"You know Jr?" the pink haired girl questioned.

"Yeah." I answered, more like a question.

"Of course you do." she snapped. "He's my boyfriend."

"Um...okay..." I mumbled not the least bit interested.

She raised a brow at the tone of my voice and let her arms fall to her side.

"Why you! Just don't you dare act y in front of him ever again!" she hissed, I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

 

What?...y? You're the one you tripped me and you're calling me y?! I just want to go to the library! Leave me alone!

 

"Yeah sure...I have to go now." I said slowly stepping backwards.

"Yah!" she yelled grabbing my shoulder. "I didn't tell you you could leave!"

I really want to slap this girl...

I brushed off her hand and took a big step back.

"Sorry I really have to do something." I awkwardly smiled, turning around for the exit.

"Don't get away from me!" she grunted quickly walking behind me.

 

What is she- I peeked over my shoulder to see her evil eyes getting closer. Oh God...what does she want?!

 

She yanked my arm out of my grip of my book. My eyes grew wide in horror as I gasped, Romeo and Juliette crashed to the floor.

 

Ahhh!!! I screamed in my head quickly kneeling down to pick it up. Did it get scratched?! I panicked ripping the girls hand off me.

 

I examined it thoroughly making sure there weren't any damages. Thankfully it wasn't the list bit harmed.

 

How dare she do that! I screamed getting on feet. 

I swiftly faced her with an annoyed look.

"What the hell do you want?!" I asked really pissed off.

She jumped in surprise of my sudden outburst and hesitated to answer.

"I want you to apologize to my boyfriend!" she said back.

You can't be serious...she's still on that...ugh...

I rolled my eyes in utter frustration.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" she snapped.

I'm going to burst any second...she's acting so stupid...

"Apologize to him or pay!" she hissed.

What?...or pay? That sounds so lame, just go away!

"I'm not going to say sorry to that wuss." I bickered.

"Wo?! Don't call my boyfriend a wuss!" she said angrily.

 

This girl just doesn't know when to shut up...I can't believe she tripped me, embarrassed me in front of all those people and then almost scratched my favorite book!

 

I ignored her and turned around to the front door. She looked at me in disbelief then yanked my shoulder. With just that, my patience burst into a million pieces.

I snapped my head in her direction, feeling my insides bubble.

 

" you and your boyfriend!" I yelled.

I swiftly faced the exit and walked out of the building.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I quickly went to my spot in the library.

 

"That y prick!" I said slamming all my belongings on the table. "What the hell is wrong with her?! Making a big deal over some stupid thing? She didn't have to freaking trip me!"

 

I could feel steam pouring out of my ears. I was a volcano just about to erupt. I plopped down on my chair and ruffled my hair frustrated.

 

That stupid little-

 

"y prick?" someone asked.

 

I jerked my head to see none other than Choi Minki, sitting at the seat across from mine reading Mocked.

 

"What the?! When did you get here?" I gasped in surprise.

He paused before answering.

"Before second class." he finally replied.

"Why did you skip class?" I asked, still feeling the anger boil in my body. 

 

He just shrugged his shoulders. I rolled my eyes at his response and laid my head on the table. We shared a moment of pure silence.

 

What the hell?! I can't believe she tripped me! I'm still really pissed off! She can go cry to her baby Jr who can't take a simple insult! What the hell?! What the hell?! ...What the hell?! All those people were laughing at me! I can't believe that stupid pink haired girl! I can't stand how angry I am right now!

 

"Why so mad?" Minki blankly asked as he turned the page.

I slowly looked up at him resting my chin on the wooden platform.

"I experienced bullying." I answered, glaring at his book.

I drove my eyes down to my belongings.

Ugh...this is great Hana...look what you got yourself into...

"Who was it?" he inquired.

 

I shut my eyes and pictured the snobby pink haired girl. Her annoying smile being backed up with deep red lipstick and heavy makeup, her extremely short skirt and tight shirt. She looked just like a .

 

"I don't know her name." I grunted still keeping my eyes closed.

He didn't say anything else continuing with his book.

"Her boyfriend is Jr though..." I mentioned.

Minki glanced over his book and looked at me for a moment.

"Her name is Jia." he said going back to the story.

"Jia?" I repeated opening my eyes. "How do you know? And doesn't that mean good?"

I shook my head at her name.

"Doesn't suit her." I hissed.

I sat up straight and sighed.

 

Whatever...That Jia deserves a stupid boyfriend like Jr...just forget about it...you came here to finish your essay...better do it...

 

I grabbed my paper and looked around the library. I was searching for any spare lose leaf I could use. I spotted a printer with white paper nicely placed inside. Since there wasn't any lined ones in sight, I decided to get one of those.

 

I got up form my chair and made my way to the printer. I slipped one thin material away from the slot.

 

Do they have a pencil anywhere? I think I dropped mine in the hall...Jia popped into my mind...I brushed it off as best I could.

 

I searched around the front desk where the computer was. There on the counter, was a box of pens and pencils, I happily took one.

 

I went back to my seat and began writing my last one hundred words. I was fully concentrated on writting that I totally blocked everything around me.

 

I wrote and wrote until I finally reached over five hundred words. Satisfied with what I did, I mentally patted my back in accomplishment.

 

I pushed my essay and pencil slightly to my right. I reached over to grab Romeo and Juliette but patted an empty space next to me.

 

Huh?...where did my book go? I made a confused expression and looked under the desk. Where did it-

 

I then noticed Minki reading the story. He looked up at me with his blank face.

"You done?" he asked referring to the essay.

"W-what? Um...Yeah..." I answered back, a little puzzled.

He peered down at the book and began reading it to me. My heart fluttered in surprise.

He remembered...I exclaimed.

 

A small smile appeared on my face as I listened to him. I tried my best to forget about Jia and put all my concentration on Minki. Thankfully, it wasn't that hard since he was so attractive in every way.

 

The story was getting even better as the love triangles began appearing. I would always sigh at the cute moments then whimper whenever something would go wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------

"I love this part!" I squealed leaning closer.

 

Minki didn't hesitate to continue. He began to read the part where Romeo and Juliette first met, and how their conversation created an undying rhythm between the two. Their love for each other becoming questions that the other would answer in return.

 

My heart began to beat faster as he finally read Romeo's breathless line.

 

"Then move not, while my prayers effect I take." he said, smoothly rolling the words off his tongue.

"That's one of my favorite lines!" I exclaimed as I covered my mouth not to squeal.

He kept on reading and reading what seemed like meer seconds to me, but in reality was around an hour. The room began getting warmer, or was it me? My cheeks boiled with red as my eyes trailed down to Minki's lips. I could swear I was starring at his mouth the whole time, but my brain wasn't letting me look away. I mean, it didn't make me look weird right?

Suddenly, he violently slammed the book closed causing the lovely atmosphere to shatter miserably.

 

"Chapter two is done." he blankly stated getting up from his chair.

I stared at him as he left the building. My eyes grew wide at his rude ending. I was speechless, the whole time I was focusing on him I didn't realize I had trailed off into my own little world.

 

How can he just ruin the most perfect moment like that?! How?! How?! I cried in my mind and ducked my head low. I took the book in my hand and sighed.

 

"He totally ruined the mood..." I mumbled slowly getting up form my seat. "I can never get a happy ending..."

I collected all my things and moved to the exit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last class was over. I quickly ran out of the room making my way to my dorm. I didn't want to bump into Jia or Jr so I cautiously kept my ground.

---------------------------------------------------------

Once I safely made it to my room, I slammed my door shut and I let out a big sigh of relief.

"I'm alive..." I said to myself.

I placed my books on the bureau and fell on top of my bed. I stared at the white ceiling.

"Minki came to class this time, but...I didn't say goodbye to him..." 

A long silence filled my room.

"Why didn't I say anything before I ran out?!" I asked myself, tossing and turning in my bed totally disappointed. "I'm so stupid!"

I squeezed my pillow close to my acing heart. 

"I have nothing to do for the rest of the day..." I noticed looking around my room.

 

I gazed upon My Husband. I reached my arm up to the bureau and grabbed it. I sat myself up against the head board and began reading the story silently.

----------------------------------------------------------

It was finally Friday afternoon and all students were able to leave campus whenever they wanted. Since Tuesday, I always met Minki at the library during lunch. All he did was read the story to me and sometimes make small talk, but that was it. I wasn't able to say hi to anyone else in my class or school because after every class, I would run and hide in the library. I was doing my best keeping my distance from Jia and Jr.

 

I didn't realize how scared I was around them. Even in class I was to frightened to look behind me, I was afraid that Jr would be looking. I'm pretty sure I'm over reacting, but I was just being safe.

 

Most of the students stayed on campus because all there was around here were trees. I noticed as I was walking near the garden, a lot more people hanging around outside. We had a big field in the back of the school were most of the students would stay and play sports.

 

Just yesterday, I heard there was going to be a really awesome soccer game today. To my curiosity, I decided to check it out.

 

I was now sitting on the grass of the big field, just a little way from the actual soccer game. It hadn't started yet, I was early. Not many kids had arrived. There were a few soccer players practicing.

 

As I was waiting, I was reading My Husband. It was really nice sitting out there. I really enjoyed the cool breeze and sun shinning down. It wasn't completely silent, but the noise didn't bother me all that much.

 

"Anyeong." someone said.

I looked up from my book a little startled to see a girl sitting next to me. I quickly put my book down.

"Anyeong haseyo." I greeted politely. 

"My name is  Manwah" she said back with a smile on her face.

"M-my name is Hana Beaux." I stuttered a little surprised she was being nice.

"I know, I'm in your class." she giggled.

"You are?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I sit next to you!" Manwah began. "You asked me how to say a word in Korean, but I couldn't help you. Sorry about that." 

"No no! It's okay! Um..." I paused, I was getting nervous.

I totally forgot about her...

My mind was blank, this was the first time anyone talked to me in a kind way. 

"Sorry I have no clue what to say." I admitted. "Since I got here, no one's been treating me...nicely..." 

"I know how you feel. This is only  my second year here. I'm originally from China." Manwah mentioned.

"Really? China? That's so cool! ...wait, what do you mean? You know how I feel?" I questioned.

"Well," she started, "my first couple of weeks here, not many kids talked to me, they actually avoided me."

"Avoiding you? Were you bullied too?" I asked.

"Sort of...I mean, Jr and them didn't really pick on me. Everyone just didn't hang around me. I still have trouble talking to people, but I do try my best to make friends even though it's hard." 

I looked deep in her eyes.

This is my best chance! I could actually make a friend!...Hana...don't mess this up...

"Can...we be friends?" I asked unconsciously.

I blinked my eyes several times replaying what I had just said.

"Oh God that sounded lame..." I mumbled.

Manwah laughed at my remark.

"You're funny! I would love to be friends with you! I was really hoping you would say that!" she gave me a sweet smile.

 

I could feel my stomach jump up and down out of excitement. I was probably the happiest girl in the world at that moment.

 

Oh my God yes!!!! A friend! A friend! A normal person! 

 

"What book are you reading?" Manwah asked starting a casual conversation. She scooched closer to me.

"Hm? Oh! It's called My Husband, it's really good, I love it!" I told her beaming with happiness.

"Really?! What's it about?" she wondered.

"It's about this guy who's really shy and cute looking. He likes the cool guy in his class. No! He's madly in love with him! Whenever he takes a subtle glimpse at him he becomes all red and flustered and..." I trailed off as Manwah and I squealed together.

"I really want to read it! It's sounds so cute!" Manwah whined. 

"Do you want me to read it to you?" I asked, but suddenly blushed a little as Minki came to mind.

"But you're almost done the story." she mentioned.

"It doesn't matter! I'll just relive the fluff!" I said back.

She started laughing again and nodded her head in agreement.

"Okay! Please begin reading!" she clapped her hands.

 

I flipped the book to the first page and began reading from page one. I kept reading and reading. The soccer game even began, but Manwah and I didn't notice. The book totally drove us both in our own little world. 

 

"I took a quick peek at Jiyong from inside the gym's storage room. He was staring right at me. I panicked looked away as I felt my whole body heat up. I began cleaning the basketballs to keep my mind off him. I knelt down and picked up a ball, I brought it to my chest and stood back up. As I turned around to face the other way, a sudden noise made me jump.

"The storage room door slammed shut leaving me and  Jiyong alone in the room. He quickly walked up to me pinning my back against the cold cement wall. My breath was getting heavy and I was totally shocked with what was happening. 'Seungri,' he began, starring me in the eye, 'I know you like me.' My eyes widened and my face turned a deep red. I could tell he noticed my color. How does he know? I panicked squeezing the ball tighter to me. Jiyong just chuckled and grabbed the circular object out of my hand throwing it away. He came closer to me, our faces only a mere inch apart." I stopped reading to squeal my heart out with Manwah.

 

"Keep reading!" she shrieked grabbing on to my arm.

 

"All I could do at that moment was be mesmerized by his beautiful eyes. His breath brushing over my face making me shiver. 'W-what are y-you doing?' I mumbled. I was becoming more flustered with him starring me down. I couldn't take it, he was always so hot after gym class. I rapidly looked away. Jiyong just grabbed my chin to face him again. 'Why so shy?' he asked with a smile. 'C-can you please s-stop. I need to c-clean up.' I managed to say, not dying at his touch. 'Don't deny that you love me.' he said seriously. I swallowed nervously. 'I...um...' I began. 'You what?' Jiyong questioned. 'I...I don't...' I whispered. 'Are you trying to say you don't like me?' he asked a little mad. I couldn't budge, what was I supposed to say? 'Bull ! I know you like me. I've known you liked me ever since I saved you from that volley ball.' My eyes grew wide. 'N-no...I...I don't...' I defended. 'Shut up! If you don't like me why are you blushing? Why are you stuttering? Why can I ing see your ?' he blurted coming even closer to me." I squealed like crazy as Manwah started squeezing all her fan girlness on my arm.

 

"Oh my God! Don't stop!" she exclaimed.

 

A few students who were standing around us gave us weird looks.

 

"My heart beat even faster as I let courage build within my body. 'Okay...I-I do love you...I've loved you for a long time...' I admitted. 'Why didn't you tell me sooner?' Jiyong asked, moving even closer. 'B-because, I...I know you d-don't like me back.' I said feeling tears build up in my eyes. But then right there. He grabbed me close and kissed me. I held my breath. My heart stopped, time froze. I was not expecting the guy of my dreams to kiss me, ever. Not even in my dreams could I have imagined it. But right now, right here, he was. He slowly lifted his lips away. 'What if I told you, that I've totally fallen for you.' Jiyong said looking straight at me." I stopped reading and hugged Manwah and she did back.

 

"It's so cute I can't take it!" she shrieked.

"I know! I almost died when I was reading it the first time!" I squealed letting all my fan girl out.

 

Manwah began talking to me again about the story, I was getting along with her surprisingly well. We had trailed off and started talking about different books we each had read. It seemed like she was totally into romance and fantasy. I brung up many different romance stories that I enjoyed the best. We both kept rambling on about love and mushy stuff. I felt like the biggest fan girl in the world at that moment. 

But suddenly I lost track of what she was saying. I caught sight of Minki casually walking from the other side of the soccer field. He was reading a book, I couldn't see which one though since he was kind of far away. He looked so cool I couldn't take my eyes off him.

 

I snapped out of my daze as I saw Manwah waving her hand in front of my face.

 

"What were you looking at?" she asked turning to Minki's direction.

"W-what?! Oh nothing! Nothing!" I exclaimed grabbing her shoulders so she wouldn't see.

"Hm..." she mumbled. "I know you were staring at someone."

"I wasn't!"

"Yes you were."

"N-no!"

"Oh come on! Stop hiding it and let me see!" Manwah swiftly moved my hands away and searched for what I was looking at.

She trailed her eyes every where until finally locking her view on a single person.

"Choi Minki?" she asked with a smile.

"Uh..." I was speechless, I really had nothing to say.

"You like him." she whispered with a giggle.

I quickly looked down at my lap not denying the truth.

"I'm quite surprised." Manwah said looking back at Minki.

I curiously gazed at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She turned her view towards me.

"I saw you two in the hall sitting next to each other." she started. 

"Hall?" I thought for a moment, then suddenly realized what she was talking about. "Y-you did?!" I nervously laughed feeling heat rise to my face.

"It's really strange."

"Strange? What is?"

"Well, before you came, Minki never related himself with anybody. At all. No one. Not one single person. He didn't look anyone in the eye, didn't speak to teachers or students. He would bow occasionally, but that's pretty much it." Manwah paused. "I found it really amazing how Minki actually decided to sit next to you. And even more so how he actually talked to you. I watched how he stopped walking and turned around looking at you. You were totally driven into your book. You looked so adorably funny how you unconsciously sat against the wall." 

 

My eyes grew wide at her explanation.

 

"What happened next?" I asked leaning closer to her.

She laughed at my remark.

"Curious aren't we?" she chuckled. "He just stared at you for a very long time. Then suddenly when I was about to leave the building, he began walking up to you. He stopped moving right at your feet and gazed down at you. To be honest, you looked really cute with your legs tucked close to your chest."

 

I shyly blinked my eyes several times as she made a wide smile.

 

"Anyways, he was staring again, then sat beside you and started reading his book." 

 

My heart beat began racing.

 

"You're blushing." Manwah teased pocking my cheek.

"I-I am?!" I panicked covering my blush my hands.

"Seems like you fell for with, like...love at first sight!" Manwah giggled.

L-love at first sight?...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jiyong and Seungri!! Fangirlness explosion!! ^.^

Manwah is an OC btw.

Comment and subscribe!!

-LonDon323