Smile

The Simplest of Things

 

HANA POV

Minki. Is. Holding. My. Hand. Oh. My. God.

Holy askdjfanls Minki is holding my hand oh my God! Calm down Hana! Calm down! You are getting a little too- oh my God I can't believe he's freaking holding my hand! He is holding my hand! His hand is holding mine! Oh my God I might melt in a puddle...

Minki was dragging me off somewhere. I couldn't really concentrate on where he was taking me because he was touching me. I was too excited to even notice that we were outside. All I could think of and all I could look at were our hands, joined together. Oh my God my body was heating up like crazy. My face totally felt like the sun at the moment. I couldn't see Minki's face because he was looking ahead and I was sort of trailing behind him. But, if I'm not mistaken, his ears were flaming red.

Was he blushing? I really wanted to take a peek, but at the speed he was walking at I was having trouble not to trip over my feet.

After around five minutes of blindly walking with him. We ended up in the library sitting in our original spots like we used to. His head was ducked low and his bangs were covering his face. I could hear him panting; his shoulders were rising and falling. He really made a run for it.

"W-what was that all about?" I asked, out of breath. He flinched at my voice ducking his head lower. He didn't answer, like usual. That started to get really annoying after a while. But I learned it was because he was a little afraid of telling people what he thought. Hehe, cute.

"Y-you d-didn’t understand th-the m-math h-homework?" Minki spluttered. I was extremely shocked at how nervous he was acting.

"W-what? Oh! Ah...y-yeah!" I lied. Well, sort of lied, I wasn't paying attention in class so I guess I was telling the truth, sort of.

"L-let m-me h-help y-you..." he said, trying his best not to trip on his words, which he failed.

"Okay." I mumbled back slowly regaining my breath.

He brought his bag from around his shoulder to his lap and took out a notebook. He fumbled around with his bag a little bit but then settled it down in the chair next to him. He began writing, what I assumed as math equations. After he was done, he slid the notebook across to me along with the pencil. I gazed through the first line of equations.

"Try t-to solve them." he told me, becoming more relaxed and composed.

I nodded my head.

"Uh...I don't get it." I admitted after five pointless minutes of staring at the paper.

"Give it here." he motioned. I slid the note book back to him. He was about to start talking, but, for some reason I was feeling very confident and decided to sit next to him so it would be easier for him to explain it to me.

"Hold on a sec." I cut in, seating myself on the chair next to his. I heard him swallow. Why was he getting so nervous? I should be the one getting nervous! "Sorry, it's a little easier this way." I told him. He slightly nodded before quickly going back to explaining the math equation.

-------------------------------------------------------

"All finished!" I sighed, stretching my arms in the air. "What time is it?" I asked as I put my arms down. He quickly checked his watch.

"...nine thirty..." he mumbled.

We both didn't say anything.

"Seriously? We spent all this time on math?" I blinked several times in disbelief. I couldn't believe it was already this late. "We should be going back to the dorms now..." I said. He nodded in agreement. The whole time he didn't look me in the eye. I couldn't see his face either; his stupidly long hair was covering it. Man...I really wanted to see his handsome face. It was just so, handsome. I got up first looking down at either of my wrists. On my right I had a blue elastic hair band. Hmmm. "Hey Minki?" I began. He froze in his spot not getting up from his seat.

"Yes?" he slowly mumbled.

"Can I put your hair up?" I bluntly questioned. His ears became red again.

"Why?" he asked, hesitation evident in his speech.

"Cause your hair is covering your face." I answered him.

He sat there thinking for a moment, and then shyly nodded his head. I slid the blue elastic hair band off my wrist and gently put Minki's hair up in a bun. I stepped back a bit, disappointed that his head was still ducked low. I pursed my lips and by instinct lifted his chin up so I could see. He flinched at my touch. His eyes grew slightly larger once he made eye contact with me, his face was completely red. Like completely. He was starting to remind me of Jr, but much more shy and adorable.

"That looks much better." I told him, letting my hand leave his face. He blinked nervously and looked down to the ground. "Hey, you know what?" I realised.

"W-what?" he stuttered.

"I've never seen you smile..." I trailed off, trying to remember if he ever smiled.

"Smile?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah, but I guess it's okay, you don't look any less attractive now." I blurted. My eyes grew wide at my statement.

Oh my God Hana play it cool. I can't believe you freaking said that! Where did all this courage come from? Huh? Care to tell me Hana? I might have to nock some sense into you!

"Well, I should go to my dorm now." I said bowing in goodbye. Before I was able to walk away Minki rapidly grabbed my wrist. I turned around to see him very flustered.

"I-uh. L-let me walk you." he exclaimed.

Whaaaa? W-walk me?

"Thanks." I sincerely smiled.

He took a deep breath and swung his bag over his shoulder.

We both left the library making our way to the middle building.

As we reached my room I opened my door and turned to Minki. He was gazing everywhere except me.

Holy moly...does he like me? No, don't jump to conclusions...you don't know that for sure...

Oh my God but the signs! They're all there!

"Well I gue-" I stopped in mid-sentence when I saw Jr walking down the hall, in our direction. Minki confusedly turned his head to where I was looking but instinct I slapped my hands on either side of his face so he wouldn't see.

I couldn't let Minki know that Jr and I were making a plan so Jr could confess! He told me to never tell a living soul! If Minki knew Jr was coming to my room to talk to me...what the hell would he think? Noooo!

Minki's face was getting hot. Like really hot.

Ah damn, sorry Jr...

I pushed Minki in my dorm and slammed the door shut.

"Hide in the bathroom!" I ordered him in panic.

"W-what?" he questioned in shear confusion.

"Oh my God just do it!" I snapped back literally throwing him in the small room.

I quickly closed the door when I heard a knock. I ran to open the front door to my room to find an awkward Jr standing there.

"Let me in." he said rudely.

"Hey watch your mouth I'm helping you..." I grumbled closing the door behind him.

He jumped on my bed and sighed heavily.

"I saw her in the hall way." he said.

"Oh, and?" I asked, sitting on the floor leaning my back against the washroom door, just in case Minki tried to come out.

"She looked ing adorable." he admitted.

I couldn't help but laugh at how love struck he was.

"She was giggling to herself..." he said chuckling in the process.

"Really? You should see her when she eats; she just munches it down like crazy." I smiled.

"I've seen her eat before."

"You have?...oh yeah that's right. You should stop stalking her and say something already, to make your proposal less awkward."

"I don't stalk her!" Jr exclaimed sitting up.

"Yes you do! You always stare at her!" I bickered back.

"S-so?! You always stare at Minki!" he argued. My eyes grew wide.

Oh my God I can't believe he said that! Think of something to say Hana think of something to say! Minki is freaking right behind you obviously listening in on the conversation!

"Have you forgotten last year? I suppose you were drooling over her then weren't you?" I quickly thought up.

"Wha-I, th-that was..." he paused for a moment before burying his face in his hands. “I’m stupid aren't I?" he asked getting all embarrassed.

"Yes, yes you are. You should have just talked to her instead of getting all jealous...but you should definitely chat with her. She's a really easy person to talk to." I said.

"I already talked to her...during the movie last week." he mentioned releasing his hand from his face and laying his back on my bed.

"And how did that go?" I inquired.

"Terrible! I was so nervous I thought I was going to throw up! I was blushing like a girl and stuttering like a crazy and I was just acting so uncool! I can't even imagine how lame I looked! Oh my God just thinking about it...." he rambled.

"Oh be quiet, she thought you were really cu-" I swiftly covered my mouth with my hand.

"What did you say?" he asked.

"N-nothing!"

" you! What did you say?! Tell me!" he whined.

"She is going to kill me..."

"Who cares Minki will protect you; now tell me what you said!"

My eye twitched at the mention of Minki.

I wish that, just somehow, Minki isn't hearing all of this...

"Okay! Okay! She said you were really cute! There!" I said in defeat.

"Really?" he chirped up, smiling like a goof.

"Yes really. Now you should talk to her more often." I told him.

"Maybe I should go right now!" he smiled widely.

"Right now? Wouldn't that be weird knocking on her door at ten o'clock?"

"What? I share the same dorm as her." he casually replied.

"What?!" I blurted.

"Y-yeah?...w-what? Wait, does she know?!" he panicked.

"No! You're her roommate?"

"She doesn't know? Thank God you scared me...."

"You have been freaking sleeping in the same room as her? And you didn't even say, hi or anything?" I questioned in disbelief.

Manwah is going to freak out when Jr tells her all of this...

"N-no..." he mumbled in guilt.

"Why?!"

"Because I'm a stupid coward okay?!" he snapped.

"You're being so ridiculous..." I mumbled.

"Yes, yes I am being ridiculous, I admit it. But hell with it! If she knew I was her roommate what the hell do you think she would do?!"

"She would probably be flying on her pet unicorn with you by now!"

"What?!"

"Oh my God, just go already! Go and make your move Jr!" I ordered getting up from the floor.

"Do I have to?" he complained like a child.

"Hell yeah you do!" I bickered grabbing his wrist and pulling him to the door. "Now act natural, okay? Don't make it seem like it's big deal because she'd melt in a puddle if you did." I quickly said before pushing him out.

I rapidly closed the door.

"Hey!" I heard him yell from the other side.

"Just go!" I insisted.

I heard him shuffle away, just to make sure, I peeked my head outside to find no one there. I smiled in success before turning around. Minki slowly opened the bathroom door. His face was completely red.

Oh no he heard...every single stupid word that came out of Jr's mouth...

'Minki will protect you'

'You always stare at Minki'

Hana, act normal. Just brush it off as if it was nothing. Just, come on! You can do it!

"Ah...sorry about that, did you hear any of it?" I asked, a little too awkwardly.

Minki nodded quickly as an answer.

"Okay, so can you please keep the Manwah thing a secret? Cause if Jr found out that you knew...he would probably kill me..." I explained scratching the back of my head. Minki nodded again, slower this time. He carefully walked closer to me, but only a few steps.

"Um...is what Jr said, true?" he hesitated.

"W-what? That he likes Manwah? Ye-"

"N-no, the...the other thing." he interrupted.

"What other thing?" I began to get nervous; my heart was fluttering like crazy.

"About...you and me..." he mumbled, barely audible. But unfortunately I heard. And he heard.

He knows...he probably figured it out by now...oh my God Hana your friendship with him has been now thrown far away. Now you can't even be in the friend zone any more. You just can't, it's not happening. Even if you remain friends with him, it’ll be super-duper awkward. I squeezed my eyes shut.

I did not want him to know I liked him. I knew from experience that I was never meant to be with anyone because no one ever liked me back. I was fine just being his friend, right? I mean, even if I did confess, what would it matter to him? I would just be another girl in the world who had a crush on him. I'm no one special, I'm just Hana. I'm pretty sure there are tons of other girls in this school who like him too. I have no doubt that I'm not the only one. I should really give up this stupid one sided love. I would just get hurt at the end. I don't want to cry over something stupid. I know I don't have a chance with him. I'm just another person put into his life. That's it.

"Hana?" he asked snapping me out of my daze.

"W-what? Oh sorry! Um, uh...I'm going to shower now so, I'll see you tomorrow!" I blurted opening the door so that he could leave. He narrowed his eyes for a moment. Something right there and then flickered in him. Was it, an idea?

He regained his blank face and he wasn't red anymore. He casually walked to the exit. And right before he was about to leave, he stopped at the door. He turned to me, looking directly in my eyes. No sign of shy little Minki anywhere.

"W-what?" I asked I swore my face was getting hot again.

"You're blushing." he mentioned, then smirked before leaving.

My eyes grew wide.

He.

Smiled.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh Jr, you silly boy. He makes me laugh ><

Hmmm I wonder what Minki's thinking. He became all confident all of a sudden. *wink* *wink*

So there you go! Manwah's mistery roomate has been revealed! Mouhahaha

Any comments or ideas for the next chapter?

-LonDon323