His Decision

The Simplest of Things

 

 

 

HAHA POV

 

Manwah and I finally made it to the gym where the dance was being held. There were a lot of students chatting and walking around while the music began to play. The lights were dimmed, flashing on and off every now and then to add more of that party feel. I wasn't really the party kind of girl, but whatever, it was a school dance, how crazy could it really get?

 

Manwah seemed to be searching for someone. I would presume it to be Jr. She was going up on her toes scanning the crowd of students that surrounded us. Every one was wearing fancy clothing, guys were in suits while girls were in dresses. Thankfuly the music wasn't gushy or romantic because then it would be awkward for most of the people in here who would have to weirdly stand around watching other couples have a good time.

 

“Oh, there he is!” Manwah exclaimed waving to Jr and his two other friends. I didn't really want to go near them because...well, I was sort of scared of them. I haden't really spoken to Jr's friends at all dispite the one time in the class, where they were...bullying me. Manwah grabbed my hand and forcfuly led me to them.

 

“Manwah...” I worried, implying to the other two guys.

 

“It's fine Hana! Relax!” Manwah laughed.

 

“Well look who it is.” The brown haired boy smiled.

 

Jr mumbled something I couldn't hear before looking right at Manwah. His face froze with complete shock. I giggled a little at his reaction. I nudged Manwah's arm and winked.

 

“Looks like someone noticed.” I whispered. Manwah answered with a chuckle.

 

“Come on Jr! Introduce us to your gir-”

 

“Th-this is Baekho!” Jr cut him off, blushing a deep red while pointing to the blonde haired boy. “And this is Aron.” He gestured to the other.

 

“It's nice to meet you.” Aron smiled bowing slightly. Manwah and I bowed back.

 

“This is Hana and I'm Ma-”

 

“Oh we already know who you are.” Aron grinned quickly glancing at Jr who couldn't take his eyes off my friend.

 

“You do?” Manwah asked quite puzzled.

 

Baekho laughed, “Of course we do! Jr talks about you all the ti-”

 

“Y-you two look really great!” Jr complemented, cutting Baekho off, once again.

 

“Hey!” Baekho pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“Thanks!” Manwah chirped, slightly blushing. I couldn't help but sigh at the adorable scene. “You look really good in a suit.” Manwah continued.

 

“Th-thanks...” Jr mumbled, getting lost in Manwah's eyes. I noticed Aron looking at me, so I looked back. He tilted his head to the side indicating for us to leave. Baekho caught on to what he was doing and put his arm around Jr's shoulder.

 

“We're just going to leave you two alone now.” Baekho annouced. It didn't seem like Jr heard him of because all he could do was stare at Manwah.

 

“You're leaving?” Manwah asked displeased with his statement.

 

“Well yeah!” Baekho replied as if it was the most obvious thing. I smiled at Manwah.

 

“I think Jr wants to be alone with you.” I whispered, winking once again. Mawan quickly caught on and nodded.

 

“Alright then.” she said. The three of us calmly walked away. I followed behind Aron while Baekho walked along side me. I didn't necessarily feel that comfortable leaving with them, but I knew I had to give Jr and Manwah some alone time.

 

We kept walking until Aron swiftly turned around to check out the couple.

 

“Look at him! He's acting like a total dork!” He laughed, Baekho also looked their way.

 

“I can see him blushing from over here...” Baekho playfuly scoffed, shaking his head in amusement.

 

“Wow, I hope Jr asks her to dance.” Aron said. “That reminds me,” Aron turned to me. “I wanna apologize about before.” I shyly looked him in the eye.

 

“Before?” I repeated.

 

“Yeah, the first time we met.” He continued.

 

“O-oh...” I hesitated remembering the awkard past.

 

“Oh yeah!” Baekho jumped in. “You gotta understand something.” He chuckled. “All last year Jr was trying so hard to protect Manwah it was so freaking funny. He didn't want anyone to touch her, talk to her, look at her. It was so rediculous.”

 

“The only reason why we were acting a bit mean was because he asked us to.” Aron added.

 

“W-what?! Why?!” I pondered.

 

“He saw you talk to Manwah, I think you asked her a question or something, I dunno I can't remember.” Aron responded tapping his chin with his finger.

 

“O-oh...” I stuttered, realizing what he was talking about.

 

Baekho stretched his arms over his head to stretch his back. I heard a few popping sounds before he let his arms down with a big sigh.

 

“That felt...oh...” Baekho trailed off.

 

“What is it?” Aron asked, the two of us somewhat confused.

 

“Look who it is.” He answered nodding his head behind us. Aron and I turned around to see what he was gesturing at.

 

“Hey!” Aron waved to the casual looking girl. “That's my date! I'll see you two later,” Aron explained, “and Baekho,”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Check out that hotty over there.” Aron slightly pointed in some direction. Baekho followed his finger, then his face light up.

 

“I'll see you guys later!” Baekho rapidly bolted off. Aron shook his head in amusement.

 

“See you later Hana.” He said kindly.

 

“See yeah.” I mumbled while he walked away.

 

--

 

I was currently alone now, leaning awkwardly near the middle of the gym wall. I watched as people laughed and danced with other; how they taught one an other to do specific dance movements whenever a well known song would go on. I saw Manwah pull Jr to the dance floor and showed him how to do several dance moves to a song she knew. To be honest, Manwah was a really good dancer, well, compared to me of course, but she was very good. Unfortunately for Jr, it made him look really awkard sometimes. He always became nervous and would tense up whenever Manwah would ever touch his arm or back to help him perform a movement properly. But despite that it seemed like the both of them were having a great time. I would giggled whenever Manwah would laugh at Jr's awkward dancing skills. They just looked so perfect for each other, just like a romance story.

 

I realized that Minki and I don't meet in the library anymore. I take full blame on that. I am currently trying to not like him anymore. So I'm doing my best to avoid him.

 

I flinched at the thought. It hasn't been easy with Jr and Manwah always pestering me about asking him to the dance and with Jia making me extremelly jealous and showing off even though I shouldn't really care if she's hitting on Minki right in front of my face and clearly making herself look like a total annoying rich kid who can get whatever she wants and...and...

 

Why do I even care what Jia does to Minki? I'm not supposed to like him! I'm not supposed to like him...yet...every time I see him my heart skips a beat, and my face turns all red and I can feel my pulse travel all through my body...

 

...

 

No...Hana, you cannot like Minki. You cannot rely on that little piece of stupid hope that seems to be always there...it's evil. It makes you feel like crap. It does Hana, don't deny it. Don't. The only thing closest to romance you'll ever get is stories and films...

 

I sighed to myself as I saw a girl and a boy hold hands as they walked by.

 

Have I ever even held a guys hand before? In la romantic sort of like way? I actually thought about that question for a moment before coming to a very lame and depressing conclusion. No...no I haven't...

 

“Hey dude check it out!” some guy yelled. I uncaringly searched for what that boy was referring to. But, once I did, my heart twisted into thousands of noughts and my self-esteem dropped fifty million percent.

 

 

 

 

You’ll change your mind the night of the dance.

 

 

 

 

I finally understood what Jia ment by that. She was stunning. No, beyond stunning, she looked absolutely priceless. Her hair was professionaly curled, and with every step she made her locks bounced in the most commercalized way possible. She was wearing a long golden dress with ruffles at the front, she had red lipstick and very dark mesmerizing eyeliner. And on top of that she had the most awesome stiletoes ever. She looked amazing.

 

I swallowed at the comparison. I didn't have the slightest chance with Minki. Not after this. Well...it wasn't like I had a chance before either...

 

I watched as she strutted confidently accross the gymnasium with her three other friends trailing behind her all in equaly expensive clothing. I swallowed glumly as her appearance became clearer and clearer at ever step she took. I sighed to myself knowing how lame I probably looked at the moment; all alone at the dance without a date and no current friends.

 

I gazed down at my matching shoes that were barely visible due to the dimmed lights and shadows passing by.

 

I wonder where Minki is...I haven't seen him yet...

 

I looked up to take a quick look around the gym, but to my disapointment I couldn't find Minki anywhere.

 

“Looking for someone?” a very high pitched annoying voice rung out. I forcefully turned my head to the source.

 

It was Jia with her irritating smile plastered brightly on her face.

 

“No.” I lied, averting my eyes to the ground.

 

“Oh really?” Jia scoffed but brushed it away, “I was wondering if you've seen Minki anywhere.” she asked.

 

“Uh, n-no I haven't.” I answered, suddenly becoming very shy at the over confidence Jia was eluminating.

 

“Oh, well that's too bad.” she pouted, “I guess I'll have to- Minki Oppa!” Jia suddenly squeeled while clapping her hands. I raised an eyeborw in confusion before turning around to be met with Minki casually walking up to us. He was wearing the most iest suit I have ever seen, it hugged him right in the bes- no, stop.

 

As he got closer, Minki smirked at me, unprapared with that sudden action I rapidly looked away feeling my cheeks burning hot. I think he noticed me staring him down.

 

D-did Minki just...w-whoa...calm down H-Hana...

 

I in a breath to get some air flowing in my body. But then Jia pushed me out of the way to get closer to Minki. I was slammed right against the wall at an uncomfortable distance. I swallowed the pain as Jia grabbed Minki's hand and began jumping up and down.

 

She. Is. Holding. His. Hand.

 

I was mentally slapping Jia accross the face.

 

“Minki Oppa! Let's go dance!” Jia exclaimed tugging Minki's shirt. “The slow dances should be starting soon!”

 

I frowned at her words, but quickly swept it away when Minki glanced at me for a moment. Jia cocked an eyebrow then looked at me.

 

“What?” Jia asked him. “Do you have to ask for her permition or something?” Jia snapped, her tone of voice suddenly changing as discust filled her features the moment she laid eyes on me. I blinked at the weird sensaiton in my heart, it didn't feel too good.

 

“W-what?” I questionned him, referring to the reason he was looking at me.

 

“Should I?” he simply stated. I don't know why, but I really just felt horrible at that moment. How could I answer him? No, don't go dance with her? Obviously not, that would be rediculous. I don't own him, he isn't mine. He can do whatever he wants. But I don't necessarily want to say yes either. I do not want him to dance with that snobby prick. But...that's not my choice...he can like whom ever he wants. Even if that person...isn't me.

 

“W-why are you asking me? Y-you can do whatever you w-want...” I replied, trying my best to ignore the terrible feeling in my heart.

 

Minki didn't show any sign of disapointment nor satisfaction. He just looked at me for a few more seconds before turning to Jia and nodding his head.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

omg...sooo what did you think of this?

Wasn't expecting that now were you...well...

I apologize for the terrible ending of this chapter, I just wanna

slap myself accross the face right now.

But early update!! Wooohooo!

I just want to say it was because of your comments, it made me happy,

so when I'm happy, I write. ^^

-LonDon323