Arranged Marriage

The Simplest of Things

 

 

 

 

MANWAH POV

 

“Are you okay?” someone asked.

 

I confusedly turned to my right to the sound of the voice. I narrowed my eyes so that I would be able to make out who was sitting beside me. And I was met by none other than Jr.

I slowly put my hand to my lap and stared in utter shock at the gorgeous boy beside me.

"I'm fine..." I told him, more like whispered.

 

My heart rate grew wild. Holy sjdksnals Jr is sitting right beside me! How didn't I notice? Wait...why is he sitting beside me anyway? I paused my thoughts for a moment. No! It couldn't be! Was Hana right? Does, Jr, the idol and star of our school...like me?

I reassessed the conclusions in my head.

Nah! That's impossible. Why would he take a liking to me? Silly Manwah getting your hopes up. But...that would be so cool if he did.

 

We were both silent, he was staring in my eyes, as I was him. This...is...so...awkward...Look away Manwah! Look away! I tried averting my gaze, but the extremely handsome boy in front of me locked my eyes and through the key somewhere far far away.

He cleared his throat.

 

"What were y-you looking at?" He asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Um, uh...I was nothing! Uh, nothing special..." I rambled, trying not to mention Minki, because for some reason Jr was rumoured to hate him.

"O-okay." Jr said shyly, gazing down at his lap in the cutest manner I've ever seen.

 

Whoa, this is a strange Jr...he's so...shy. I thought he was more confident and loud and stuff. But he's a stuttering mess! My eyes gleamed. Maybe it's true! Maybe Jr actually likes me! kjdfnalskjdal hold the phone Manwah! Don't get too excited. Act calm and collected...

I tried to relax myself.

 

How can I do that when I can't even form a sentence that makes sense? Stupid Manwah! I shook my head to relieve myself of my thoughts.

 

"Are you sure you're o-okay?" Jr asked nicely, looking up at me with his adorable eyes.

I gulped down my squealing.

"Yeah, I'm...o....k...." I managed to say.

"You don't sound okay." Jr mentioned in a worried tone.

Oh my God where's Hana?! Oh right she's with Minki. No! Hana I need you! I think I'm going to melt...Jr is too hot for me! I'm literally going to turn into a puddle any second!

"Ah...sorry if I don't seem okay. But I'm fine, I assure you." I told him with a smile.

 

Maybe I should just be completely honest with this guy, yeah, that's what I'll do. I'll be myself. He might run away from my weird and straight forward personality, but at least I'll be true to who I am...and if he does leave, I'll be able to breath.

 

"Okay, I'll tell you..." I said leaning a little closer to Jr.

He blinked his eyes several times and the most visible and cutest blush appeared on his face.

"T-tell me w-what?" he asked getting redder and redder the closer I got.

"Alright listen," I began, stopping at a safe distance, "you see Hana and Minki over there?" I asked, pointing in their direction.

He followed my finger to the two awkward love birds a couple feet away.

"Y-yeah, I see them..." He mumbled quickly looking back to me.

"That's what I was looking at before."

"Th-them? W-why?" He questioned scooting a little closer.

 

That was a different reaction I thought I would get...I guess he doesn't really have anything against Minki...I'm so confused with all of this! What's going on? He made fun of Minki last year all the time! He would call him a girl, then he gave him that ridiculous nick name Ren. And now he doesn't have a problem with him anymore? What in the world happened?

I eyed him up and down.

 

Since he is like, right here. Should I ask him? Would he mind? Would he punch me? Weird thought...Maybe I should ask him about Jia, yeah! Wait...um no Manwah are you stupid? This is the first time you've ever had a conversation with him and you're planning on asking him about Jia?...

 

I pursed my lips.

Ah why not? Here I go!

"Are you and Jia really together?" I inquired narrowing my eyes and twisting my lips in a thoughtful way.

"W-what? W-why would you be asking th-that?" He muttered becoming very flustered.

"So you are?" I continued.

"What? N-no! It...It’s not w-what you think..." He tried explaining.

"So...you're not?"

"Well, y-yes we're sort of t-together b-but it's an arranged marriage a-and I don't like her." He said in one breath.

An arranged marriage? Wow okay that makes quite a lot of sense.

"Oh I see. So how did you and Jia get an arranged marriage?" I wondered.

"W-well...y-you see...my parents are the CEOs of a powerful business, a-and Jia's parents are also the CEOs of another business. My parents want their company to expand, the only w-way for them to d-do that, is if I wed Jia s-so our companies can join." he stuttered.

"Wow...that must . Having to get married with some random girl and not the one you love."

"Y-yeah...it does..." Jr said sadly, keeping his eyes locked on mine.

He looks so depressed...awww...like a little lost puppy...

"Is there any way out of your little scandal?" I asked, brightening up the mood.

He rapidly looked down to his lap and fiddled with his fingers.

"W-well...th-there is one way." I muttered.

"Really? How?" I questioned becoming very curious.

"I have to get married to someone else before Christmas." He mumbled quickly.

"...What?"

"I have to get married to someone else before Christmas." He said again.

"You have to what? Speak up I can't hear you."

"I have to get married to someone else before Christmas." He said in one breath.

"Oh. So...do you like anyone?" I wondered.

 

Oh my God Manwah I can't believe you just asked him that ... Good job! You go girl! He probably won't tell me...hehehe...but I know how to read people like a book! Except for Minki..

 

 

"W-what?" He exclaimed his eyes growing wide as his cheeks burning red.

"Do you like anyone? Cause if you do, you won't have to marry Jia, only if the person likes you back." I repeated.

"O-oh," he awkwardly laughed, "I d-don't know..."

"You must like someone!"

"I-I d-don't! I...don't..."

"Oh come on! I can see you blushing you know!"

His eyes grew even wider while his ear became red.

 

Oh my God look at what you've created Manwah, the cutest scene in the entire history of cutest scenes. Right in front of you, lies a tomato red Jr. Mouhahaha I'm so close! I'm so close! Only a few more minutes, then BAM! My work will be complete!

 

"I'm waiting." I told him, grinning like a maniac.

"I c-can't tell y-you."

"So you do like someone!"

"W-what? I...y-yes...I...do..." He ducked his head low in embarrassment.

"I knew it."

 

We remained silent. I didn't say anything else and kept smiling. I turned away and faced the screen. He shyly gazed at me in a confused way.

 

"Y-you d-don't want to know w-who it is?" He spoke up.

I averted my eyes to his, which he quickly reacted by looking everywhere else but me.

"I don't know. It doesn't have to do anything about me. So I don't think it's important for me to know." I told him, trying my best to keep a casual face.

"N-nothing...to do with y-you?" He mumbled to himself, deep in thought.

I turned my head away from him.

 

Manwah you got to get away from him before you tackle him with hugs and kisses. No! Your plan has almost come to a success! You must endure this pain! You must!

I took a deep breath before looking back at him. Apparently he was staring at me the whole time I was calming myself down, because the moment our eyes locked he looked like he was guilty of something.

 

"You hiding something?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes in suspense.

"W-what? N-no!" he rapidly defended.

We stared at each other for a while before I sighed in defeat.

"Well okay then." I teased facing the movie.

 

I heard a little groan from him. I took a quick peek at Jr, it seemed to be like he was having a battle with himself weather to say something or not.

Oh God...I really like this guy...

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

omg sorry for the really short chapter...

I got lazy... *gasp* ...I know I'm ashamed...

if you have any comments that could help motivate me or give me an idea...THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Soo... please comment...please...for the sake of Jr...

Anyways thanks for reading!

-LonDon323