Go Ask Him

The Simplest of Things

 

 

 

W-well, y-you see…” she started, her frown becoming more visible by the second, “Jia asked Minki to the dance.” She quickly whispered.

Manwah’s eyes grew wide, and so did mine.

“What? Did he say yes?” Manwah blurted slamming her hands onto Hana’s table.

“N-no…but she said that Minki would change his mind.” She flatly answered, looking down at her lap.

“That little …” I scoffed rolling my eyes in the process.

Manwah shook her head in disbelief.

“Don't pay attention to what she says Hana, she is nothing compared to how smart and beautiful you are.” Manwah stated matter-affactly while getting up from her seat. Hana gazed up at Manwah clearly not agreeing with what she said. “Class is going to start soon.” she waved as she made her way to the front. I observed every move Manwah made as she sat down at her desk. She tucked a strand behind her ear while sliding her note book closer to herself. While opening the book, she grabbed the pencil at the edge of her table. She began writing something down on one of the blank sheets. She seemed to be very focused and excited. I wondered what she was doing, or planning for that matter.

 

HANA POV

 

I watched as Manwah sat at her desk, then shifted my eyes to Minki who had not moved from before. I knew Minki said no. He did, I heard it. It was very clear.

 

No thanks.”

 

I repeated that line over and over in my mind. The more I replayed it, the more it sounded fake, like a lie. I cannot imagine why Minki would say no to her. She is the popular girl, the girl no guy ever has a chance with. Yet, he rejected her. Why? How could this be? If I was a guy I would probably fall for Jia.

No sratch that, I wouldn't.

But she has everything a guy could look for. Everything I don't.

I sulked in my spot. I was going to have a bad day today, I knew it. It was at a bad start so far.

 

Alright class! To rap this up, we're going to have a project due by the end of this month!” Mr. Lee annouced with a huge smile on his face. The whole class whined and grumbled.

Aw...” Jr complained sighing heavily.

Now please settle down!” the teacher snapped, “listen, all you need to do is draw a picture of something you really love.” The class remained silent for a moment.

I can't draw for my life.” I heard someone mumble. The room errupted in chatter. Mr. Lee, clearly irritated with the students, cleared his throat to gain their attention.

It doesn't have to be a paster peace.” Mr. Lee explained, taking out a pack of blank pieces of paper. “For example, if you really like playing soccer, draw a soccer ball! Or maybe if you like nature, draw a tree.” he added while walking around the room handing a sheet of paper to each student. As he passed me a paper all I could do was stare at it.

Love...what do I love? I thought about it while looking up from my desk. The first thing that caught my eye was Minki. I blushed furriously. I am not going to draw him...don't you even dare dream about it.

I turned to Jr who was actually thinking hard about something.

What are you drawing?” I whispered. Jr turned pink a bit.

U-uh...I was thinking of drawing...Manwah...” he answered, the end of his sentence barely audible. I couldn't help but blush even harder. He was actually thinking of the exact same thing as I was.

Are you actually going to draw her?” I questioned.

W-well...no! Of course not.” he laughed awkardly, “that would be so embarassing...”

Y-yeah...” I agreed looking down at my empty paper.

 

MANWAH POV

 

I turned around once the teacher wasn't looking. I had written Hana a little step by step plan to ask Minki to the dance on friday, but when I was about to grab Hana's attention, all I saw was Jr and her sulking at their pieces of paper. I raised an eyebrow at the odd scene then looked at Minki sitting calmly and montionlessly at his desk. He seemed quite different. I haven't really classified what has changed in him, but maybe he looked a bit more, confident? I wasn't sure. He just made it seem like he won the lotery and now he was a bad little hipster.

Actually, everyone was acting different today.

Jr was much more bold and comfortable with me, while Hana looked more hopelessly sad and doubtful. I knew something odd was going to happen. But, who knows? It just felt like something crazy was going to occure soon.

 

As the bell rang I happily ran up to Hana who had fallen asleep at her desk. Her forehead was resting at the edge of her table while her arms folded in front. She could really look innocent sometimes.

I pocked her shoulder once I made it to her side. I had the 'Party Plan', is what I called it, in my other hand. Hana groaned as she tried shaking my hand away. I sighed at her normal actions before clearing my throat. As I did, Hana lifted her head. Her eyes were half lided. It was pretty clear she did not have a good nights sleep last night.

But I brushed off that question and slammed my plan on her desk causing Jr to flinch and Hana to shoot her eyes wide in surprise.

Dang you scar- o-oh hey Manwah...” Jr said, mumbling the last part as his face got red. I wanted to squish his cheeks he was so adorable, but now was not the proper time.

W-what's that?” Hana suddenly asked, holding the paper up so she could see better.

I quickly averted my eyes from Jr, it seemed like I was staring at him.

Woof...it sure is getting hot in this class...I thought pulling at the coller of my uniform shirt.

Well you see my dear Hana, this is how you are going to ask Minki to the dance.” I simply stated with a smile. Hana blushed hard.

M-me? A-ask him? W-what?” Hana exclaimed with a panicking tone.

Let me see.” Jr mumbled taking the paper that was now back on the desk.

Just listen Hana!” I began, while Jr read the steps, “you have such a good shot at this! You follow my words and everything will be fine.” I smiled.

Are you serious?” Jr said flatly, cutting into the conversation, looking at me with a you-clearly-did-not-write-a-plan look on his face.

What?” I questioned.

You call 'go ask him' a plan?” he laughed. Cutely.

Can I see?” Hana asked slipping the paper from Jr's hands. She quickly read the small sentence on the paper.

Manwah!” Hana complained rapidly turning to me with a displeasing tone.

What? Come on just listen! If you do that one simple step everything will be fine!” I snapped, twisting my lips to make my point.

Easier said than done...” Hana grunted while burrying her face in her palms.

You just need the motivation and courage Hana! You can do it!” I said, smiling a huge smile. Hana didn't answer, but let out a hopelessly long and tired sigh.

 

HANA POV

 

This next week went by so terribly. Manwah and Jr kept pushing me to ask Minki to the dance, and all that did was make me look like a total looser. Whenever I saw him walk into class or whenever I would hear his name my heart felt like exploding and my face always heating up. It got so bad that I was even nervous to walk into class knowing that he would soon arive. I was actually full on stalking the back of his head in class. I just stared at it all the time. Well, that's all I could do. I ave no clue what we've been learning in class.

I don't know what has gotten into me the past couple of days but I am now in my dorm freaking out. I hadn't spoken or looked Minki in the eye at all. And the dance is starting in around fifteen minutes and I'm still in my school uniform.

I should have realised sooner or later that I didn't have any dresses or makeup with me. I feel stupid, I should have ju-

HANA!” Manwah yelled while barging into my room with a huge bag. I jumped at her sudden entrance, my train of thought being completely destroyed.

All I could do was stand there in complete shock of my friend's presence. Manwah looked amazing...amazing! She was wearing pink lip sick and eyeliner and she was wearing a beautiful blue frilly dress. Her heair was tied back in an elegant bun with a flower to ther side. I was in utter shock.

Wait till Jr sees this...

Sorry Hana I was running late! I was hiding from Jr.” Manwah answered out of breath. She dumped her bag on my bed snapping me back to reality.

Hiding from Jr?” I repeated while she ped the top.

Yeah, I don't want him to see me yet, only at the dance. I want to give the shock of his life.” she playfully winked while taking out a long white dress. “Here,” she gestured forcefully placing the clothing in my hands, “put it on quick, we don't have much time.” she swiftly went back to her bag and started organizing some of the things inside.

W-wait what?” I quesioned stupidly.

Just put it on!” she demanded turning to me. Manwah helped me undress and put the dress on, it was really long, it dragged on the floor. “Now watch as I use this pin, it will be magic!” she chirped. She grabbed the front of my dress and pulled it up to my side revealing a little bit of my leg. Manwah pinned the bottom of my dress right up to my waist creating a nice waterfall effect down to the bottom. The dress wasn't touching the ground anymore, it was actually at a comfortable ankle length. “Now check that out!” Manwah squealed.

Wow the dress is so pretty.” I smiled looking up at her.

The dress? The only reason the dress looks pretty is because you're wearing it silly!” Manwah brought out a pair of white heels and dropped them on the floor. “Look, they match!” she said before grabbing her makeup bag.

I slipped on the shoes which actually fit me quite well. They were a bit small, but I could manage. Manwah patted my bed for me to sit down, so I did.

After about ten minutes after fussing over my makeup and hair, I was all ready.

You look dazzling Hana!” Manwah clapped while jumping up and down.

So do you.” I laughed while folding my uniform in my dresser.

Alright let's go!” Manwah exclaimed, opening the door to the hall.

 

JR POV

 

I was so nervous. I was currently at the dance with Baekho waiting for Manwah and Hana. I hadn't asked Manwah to the dance because we were both trying to persuade Hana into asking Minki, which she didn't end up doing. I felt quite anxious to see her. I really wanted to witness how beautiful she looked, she was obviously beautiful everyday but... you know...today she would dress all fancy and stuff.

But I was not looking forward to sleeping in the same room later, cause I know I would have another wet dream about her. It has been happening a lot lately. And it was so akward waking up in the morning with, that. And then, her, being...yeah...

Anyway, I was hoping I could get a chance to ask her to dance with me later when the music got more slow and romantic. I could feel myself blushing already.

Hey Aron!” Baekho called, waving to one of my friends running up to the two of us.

Sup, hey you two are lookn' good!” Aron wiggled his eyebrows. I just laughed with Baekho. Currently we three were wearing suits, like every other guy in the gym.

Where's your date?” Beakho teased.

She's getting ready right now, I haven't seen her yet.” Aron explained.

Oh I see.” Beakho grinned, he then turned to me with a weird glint in his eye. “So Jr, where's Manwah? Did you ask her out?” He bluntly asked. My eyes grew wide in utter shock.

W-what?! What are you talking abou-”

Oh shut up we know you like her! It's so obvious!” Aron cut me off.

O-obvious?!” I questioned completely in panic mode.

How did they know I like Manwah? I didn't tell them! I've only ever told Hana! Am I really that obvious? Oh no, what if Manwah knows? This is so bad how am I going to talk to her? I've finally become somewhat comfortable with her but now I'm right back to where I started! I'm so stupid! How could I ever let my gaurd do-

“Aw look at that, our little Jr is blushing!” Baekho teased pouting his lips.

“Sh-shut up! I'm not blushing!” I defended slightly looking away to hide my flaming cheeks.

“Don't try to hide it now, you've been doing that for like a year.” Aron smirked while crossing his arms.

Y-you've known,” I paused, “all along?”

Of course we noticed you idiot! We've known you since pre-school!” Baekho scolded, shaking his head.

O-oh...r-right.” I mumbled feeling utterly embarrassed.

Well look who it is.” Aron smiled, nudging me in the arm.

W-what?” I glared at him. He nodded his head in some direction. Me and Baekho followed his gaze.

My heart stopped once I witnessed the most amazing looking girl in the world.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

omg this chapter O//O

I really don't know what to say... 30 subscribers? Really?

When did this happen?!?!?! I am so flattered that you would actually subsrcibe to this story...

Just...

Thank you...

And please...

Comment...

It makes an author happy ^^

-LonDon323