Movie

The Simplest of Things

  

 

 

 

"Hey, um, Manwah?" I started, grabbing her attention, she looked back at me. "What's Jia's and Minki's relationship?"

She raised her index finger to her chin in thought. We gazed at each other for a moment, neither of us saying a word.

"I don't know," Manwah finally answered, "why?"

"Well," I began, fiddling with my fingers, "before I went to the library, Jia stopped me and said to stay away from Minki." I explained.

Manwah lifted her eye brow in a confused way.

"That's strange, I wonder what she meant by that..." she thought out loud.

I dragged my eyes towards the empty pasta bowl and wooden chop sticks.

"Do you think Jia likes Minki?" Manwah questioned. "No, that wouldn't make sense, she has Jr..." she quickly added looking up at the ceiling in thought.

"But, you know," I mumbled, making Manwah look back at me, "what if they don't really, you know, um...what if they, don't really like each other?" I asked, looking at my friend.

She furrowed her brows and bit her bottom lip.

"You think they're just an act?" she inquired. "That could make sense, I mean, the reason why Jr was strangely staring at me, and the reason why Jia told you to stay away from Minki." she paused for a moment. "But why would they be pretending to love each other?" she asked, scratching her chin.

I pursed my lips and looked around the busy cafeteria.

"I don't know..." I replied.

------------------------------------------------------------

It was nine-thirty at night; Manwah and I were in my room painting each other's nails with the red nail polish Manwah had brought with her. Manwah had done my toes so perfectly and precisely, I was astonished, compared to my crappy work.

We were both in our pajamas, Manwah was wearing a blue t-shirt and blue shorts, while I was wearing grey sweats and a white baggy shirt.

I was sitting at the edge of my bed, my feet placed carefully on the wood floor. I had small cotton balls in between my toes so that my nail polish wouldn't smudge. Manwah was kneeling in front of me, her fingers spread across my thighs, and I was slowly painting her nails, trying my best not to mess up. It was hard, because she was cracking up a whole bunch of ridiculous jokes which made me have to stop painting and laugh my heart out.

We both were having a wonderful time, it felt like I've known her since the day I was born, but truthfully, it had only been a couple of hours. But it didn't matter.

"Aw, I messed up again." I mumbled to myself, as Manwah ranted on about one of her aunts winning the lottery and hogging it all to herself.

I grabbed a tissue and whipped the red stain at the corner of her finger.

"-I couldn't believe she spent all that money in one week! She wouldn't even tell us what she bought! She said it wasn't any of our business! How can it not be any of our business if she waists half a million dollars in one week?! Ridiculous I say!" Manwah exclaimed, shaking her head in disapproval.

I chuckled at her silly babbling and continued to focus on painting her nails.

"I was so mad after I heard she spent all that money I-"

Knock knock

I lifted my head towards the door as Manwah twisted her neck to the sound.

"Wonder who it could be..." Manwah said looking back at me.

We stared at each other for a second before there was another knock.

"Hana...you're going to have to get it, my nails are drying." she told me, slowly lifting herself up and out of the way.

"Um," I awkwardly laughed, "I knew that..." a blush creeping over my face of embarrassment.

Manwah just chuckled and jumped on top of my bed, lying down on her stomach, her legs swinging back and forth in the air.

I walked towards the door on my heels, trying not to mess up my nails. I twisted the door knob open to see a teacher with a bright smile on her face. I slightly frowned at her, but quickly replaced it with a polite smile.

Who were you expecting to be knocking Hana? I asked myself.

“Hello girls,” the teacher greeted with a big smile, “looks like you two are having a great time, sorry to interrupt, but if you didn’t know, every Friday night we play a movie at ten o’clock.” She explained.

“Really?!” Manwah squealed, running over towards us. “What movie is playing today?” she asked, eager to get an answer.

The teacher chuckled at her high spirit; I just smiled at her expected reaction.

“We always keep it a secret until the film starts.” She replied. “But I think we’will be seeing a chick flick this week.” She playfully winked.

We both giggled at the teacher’s statement.

“It’ll be starting in about half an hour, if you girls want to see it; don’t hesitate to come down to the gym.” She bowed in goodbye as we did the same. “Hope to see you two there, bye!”

The teacher walked down the hall until she reached the elevator and disappeared. I turned to Manwah, only to see her with a strange grin on her face. I raised an eyebrow.

“W-what’s wrong?” I stuttered.

“We’re going.” She answered a little too confidently.

She ran towards my bed where she left her little strawberry shaped fan. She excitedly started to dry her finger nails while I hesitantly closed the door and made my way towards her.

“Are you planning something? You seem, really, really happy.” I mentioned kneeling down and plucking the cotton from my toes.

She giggled and squealed to herself.

“What are you talking about?” she innocently lied.

I rolled my eyes and slightly brushed my finger over each of my toe nails to make sure they were dry, thankfully they were.

“I know you have something strange up your sleeve.” I said walking over to my red fluffy slippers that were placed just in front of the door.

I looked back at Manwah who was flailing her hands in the air, eager to get her nails dry.

“Almost done?” I asked, twisting the door knob.

“Yup!” she cheerily replied, prancing towards her blue slippers that matched her pajamas.

After slipping them on and fully getting her nails to dry, we left my dorm and made our way towards the gymnasium.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Once we entered the gym, there were many blue mats placed on the floor covering most of the ground. A few benches were lined up against the walls, and near the back of the gym were a couple chairs where all of the teachers were chatting.

At the front of the room was a big white screen, a projector placed just far enough so the blue light fit just right in the white background.

Many students had already arrived and were scattered all around the gym all in their cozy pajamas. I would have expected that not many guys would have shown up, but to my surprise, there were quite a large number of them.

I was following Manwah, it seemed like she was searching for someone, due to her occasionally going on her tippy toes and scanning the area.

"Who are you looking for?" I asked, once Manwah came to a stop.

She raised an eyebrow, grinning at me while she turned her head towards me.

"Oh you'll see." she answered.

I narrowed my eyes at her odd tone of voice, but ignored it as she began walking again. I followed, keeping my eyes plastered to the ground. I was attentively watching my feet making sure I wouldn't step on someone's hand. As my eyes passed over a couple of students I realized most girls had stuffed animals with them. I smiled to myself at a cute couple, seeing a girl cuddle with her boyfriend. They were carelessly talking to each other, laughing, hugging, smiling, and occasionally kissing each other's cheek.

"Hana!" Manwah warned.

I snapped out of my little daze. I looked up from the ground, bumping right into someone's chest. I quickly took a step back and bowed my head in apology.

"S-sorry!" I stuttered, lifting my head to look at the person.

My eyes grew wide when I came face to face with Minki, wearing a navy blue V-neck which was obviously too big for him, and baggy grey sweat pants.

I in a breath.

"I-uh...h-hello." I awkwardly said, feeling heat rise to my cheeks.

"Hey." he said back.

I noticed Manwah grinning at me from behind Minki, once we locked eyes, she winked at me. I couldn't help but get the feeling she was going to ditch me. I gave her the don't-you-dare look, but she obviously ignored it.

"I hope you two have fun!" she cheered, bowing in goodbye, and ran off.

I wasn't able to see where she went because Minki suddenly invaded my mind. He was wearing the most revealing shirt in the world. I could clearly see one of his s, I really had an urge to squish it, but if I did, he would probably never talk to me again.

After a really long silence, mainly I, staring at his cute little , Minki spoke.

"Want to sit?" he asked.

I blinked several times to snap myself out of my strange thoughts.

"Ah, y-yeah sure." I replied, mentally face-palming myself because of my stutter.

We both sat down next to each other, he sat cross legged while I stretched my legs out in front of me. I noticed that we were sitting quite close, our arms brushed against each other. But it didn't seem like Minki minded at all. I was completely and utterly falling apart at his touch, I think it was the first time we ever made physical contact. My heart was racing like crazy. The gym started to get a little too hot for my liking.

I was feeling very uncomfortable, because I knew, if he ever dared looking at me, he would totally realize I was blushing. Many thoughts were racing through my mind; finally after having a debate with myself I finally came to the conclusion of starting the one conversation that was eating away in my mind.

"Hey, um...Minki?" I mumbled, breaking the little silence that fell between us.

He turned his head towards me giving me his full attention, which was weird, because he would usually just sit there and wait for me to continue. I got really nervous at that point.

"Yes?" he asked, staring at my tomato red face. I wasn't quite sure if he noticed or not because he didn't show any sign of noticing.

"I'm s-sorry for bringing Manwah, um, to the library..." I said looking down at my lap in embarrassment.

He didn't say anything back, but I notice he tensed up for a second.

"Why are you apologizing?" he questioned, looking down at his own lap.

"W-why? Um, well, you just s-seemed mad that I brought her there..." I answered while fiddling with my thumbs.

"I-I did?" he stuttered.

I turned my face towards him and gave him a confused look.

Did he just stutter? I asked myself.

He looked at me too, a hint of pink covering his cheeks. My heart leaped at the realization, but the thought of Jia made me have a visible frown plastered on my face.

"What's wrong?" he asked, referring to my sudden change in mood.

I wonder if Minki likes Jia. I wouldn't be surprised, she's very pretty, popular. She has her own little fan club, a hot, mean boyfriend, who's the male idol of the school. I hear she's the daughter of some hot shot CEO. Compared to me, I'm not that pretty, I'm not rich in anyway, I only have like two people I talk to, the guys that I've actually fallen in love with never liked me back...I'm quite positive that Minki would never fall for me...even though Manwah says all those encouraging things, I can't help but bring myself down with all those bitter thoughts. I wonder why I do that...I'm pretty sure I'm not that ugly, but those people from before said I was...Maybe if I was the guy and Minki was the girl. Maybe I would have a better chance with him...Maybe...

"Hana?" Minki said with panic, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked completely oblivious of my surroundings.

"Are you okay?" he questioned with concern in his eyes.

I hadn't realized he was a couple inches away from me, it seemed like I was really spaced out there, considering he was actually coming out of his cool blank face mode.

"What? Oh, y-yeah, I'm fine..." I said rather weakly, which was not my intention.

Because of his close distance I couldn't bare but swallow deeply. He furrowed his brows as if he was further analyzing me. I don't think he noticed, but he was moving closer to me.

 

 

Closer...

 

 

And closer...

 

 

His breath brushed past my cheek...

 

 

Oh my God...

 

 

Out of shear panic I stopped him by placing both my hands on his chest to stop his movement.

"I-uh, um, y-you're getting a little too close there..." I mentioned, becoming extremely flustered.

His eyes grew slightly wider and he rapidly pulled back into his original sitting form.

"S-sorry." he apologized, a deeper pink creeping to his face.

I in a breath as I turned to look at my lap.

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God...my heart is racing like crazy, calm down Hana, he was just worried that you suddenly spaced out for no reason, calm down. It's not like he has any feelings for you, he was just concerned about you, like what a friend would normally...do...

I dramatically sighed, causing Minki to look my way.

Flksdjfnsldnfs am I in the friend zone? It, it could be...Okay yes...wait, no. No wait what? Of course I'm in the friend zone! I debated in my mind.

I'm in the stupid friend zone. I realized pinching the bridge of my nose. I can't believe this...stupid Manwah had to leave me alone with Minki...it's going to be so awkward now...he doesn't like me...I mean, the way he was acting before, I don't know, wouldn't Manwah act the same way? Be concerned and lean a little closer to me to see if I was mentally okay...Wait.

My eyes grew wide.

Was he going to like...kiss...me?

I held my breath for a moment.

No, that can't be possible; he put me in the friend zone! He was just unconsciously leaning closer, to like, to, um...I'm so confused...Aren't I in the friend zone? I don't really know that really...I would just assume, because Jia said to stay away from him, which makes it quite obvious that she likes him, but, that doesn't mean that, Minki...likes her back. But, I don't want to be in friend zone. Am I? What was that just now? Was he really going to, k-kiss me?

I felt a little tap on my shoulder. I turned towards Minki and saw that he was sitting a little closer than he was before. Our arms clearly touching.

"Um, th-the movie's about to start." he told me, pointing his finger to the screen.

The lights in the gymnasium were off; the only light that was shining on us was the reflection of the projector.

"Ah, y-yeah, thanks...sorry I sorta dazed out there..." I awkwardly said quickly bringing my attention to the film.

MANWAH POV

I was sitting just a couple feet away from Hana and Minki. I almost witness the most beautifulness fan girling scene ever, only if Hana didn't chicken out and push Minki away from the obvious kiss he was going to give her. I was getting ready to scream my heart out, but I was disappointed with the outcome... But I couldn’t believe he actually lost his cool when Hana was sitting so close to him.

After the movie I am totally going to bug Hana about how she touched his chest. Hehe, I’m evil, yes, yes I know. I plotted.

Just as the teacher said, we were watching a chick flick about some high school girl who had a crush on the school’s idol and blah blah, typical teen romance story. I wasn’t really paying attention to the film because Hana and Minki were enough entertainment for me. Hana would always sneak a peek at Minki.

I couldn’t really make out what she would keep looking at, but I would presume she was staring down his V-neck, another thing to bug her about.

Whenever she wasn’t looking at him, I would notice Minki occasionally staring at her face whenever a really cute scene would pop up. I guessed she was seriously into the film at those points.

The best part about watching them was how Minki would keep moving closer and closer to her. I could swear in about any second I was going to explode at how cute they were.

“Can I sit here?” someone asked.

I didn’t bother to look up.

“Yeah sure.” I answered, my mind fully occupied with Hana and Minki.

Hana, again, took a quick look at Minki just to blush madly at how close he was. She rapidly turned her head away. I could see she was fumbling with her fingers so she could try and remain calm.

I had to slap my hand over my mouth so that I wouldn’t become fan girl all of a sudden.

“Are you okay?” someone asked.

I confusedly turned to my right to the sound of the voice. I narrowed my eyes so that I would be able to make out who was sitting beside me. And I was met by none other than Jr.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in.

Minki, almost kissed Hana... O///O *flips table*

So, what did you think? Like this chapter?

Sorry it took me a while to update...I got lazy (what? really?) yes...and I got a writers block O.O noooo!! If you have any suggestions for this fic, read bellow;

Please comment! I love comments ^^

-LonDon323