And He Said

The Simplest of Things

 

 

 

 

 

 

MANWAH POV


I stared at the front door of the library in complete silence. My mouth was parted slightly in shock and disbelief. My eyes began to sting with the sudden tears that were starting to pool in the back of my glassy orbs. My hands shook as I tried to compress the outburst of emotions that were fighting in my head. The weather felt colder than it actually was as it bitterly kissed my skin. My breath was rapid and shaken up, the heart beat pounding away in my body was strong and painful.

"I guess he really does love that beauty," Minhyun spoke up, "doesn't he?" I could hear the smirk in his voice, it was foul and menacing. It stung my heart. I didn't say anything in reply. I was in a loss of words. We both remained in silence for a while until Minhyun let out a satisfactory sigh. "Guess I should go now." He smiled, putting his hands in his pockets and walked passed me. "See yeah." He mumbled as the first tear fell.

Once I was certain he was gone, I made a run to the back of the library building. I leaned my back against the cold stone wall slowly sliding down to the ground.

"He's getting married?" I said while a unattractive sob came out of my mouth. I quickly cupped my hands over my face and began breaking down. "I thought..." I cried, "I thought he didn't like Jia..." I sobbed. I felt confused, I was not ready to hear that. Not at all. Not after that terrible lonely night I experienced.

Was it true? Was he really getting married, to her? To Jia? But I thought she liked Minki? I thought she didn't like Jr. It was certainly clear he didn't like her. So, why? Why is he- just...why? I don't understand?! I feel terrible! The only person who understands me, the only person who laughs with me...is gone? Is that true? The most important thing that happened in my life has been taken away from me...so easily?

I...

I feel broken...

Could this...really be going on? Is this true? How could it? No, it can't be. It just can't. This shouldn't be reality, things shouldn't end up this way...life can't be cruel like this. I'm certain he wouldn't let this happen. He'll come back! I-I know it....


Will he? Yes!...y-yes he will...

I brushed away the tears while catching my breath once a cold wind passed by. I could tell that my eyes looked disgusting at the moment. Instead of meeting up with Hana and Minki, I decided to go to my dorm. I needed to sort out through my feelings.


--


I closed the door behind me carefully staring at the doorknob as it clicked shut. My breaths were shaky and weak. I took a deep breath and turned to Jr's bed. It was perfectly made without a wrinkle in sight.

Was he ever going to sleep there again? Probably not since he was...getting married. Would he ever come back? He had to! He couldn't just not go to school all of a sudden. But, he would be taking his father's place, wouldn't he? Then...would he still have time to go to school? Would he even have to? Y-yes of course he has to go to school! Who in there right mind wouldn't finish there last year of high school?

I swallowed hard as I felt my heart clench.

I miss him. I really do. I can't stop thinking about him. I wish he were here. Right here. With me. I want to see his smile, I want to hear his laugh, I want to feel his hand in my own...I want to be with him...but...now...n-now I can't...

Will he ever call me? He hasn't even texted me or anything about a marriage! Why wouldn't he tell me something as important as this?! Wait...what if his father took away his phone?! What if he has no more contact with me?! With anyone for that matter?!!

But that means...I'll never get to see his face anymore. I wouldn't be able to hear his voice, see him smile, hear him laugh...hold my hand...


My eyes grew wide with worry.

No no no...this couldn't be. Jr couldn't be erased from my life just like that. He WAS my life! He was my everything! I couldn't say goodbye to some one so special. I needed him...I...


 


 


 


 


I love him.

 


 


 


 


 


 


 

HANA POV


 


 

“Is this right?” Minki asked me from across the library table. I looked up from my text book and analyzed the paper he lifted up. I read over the English sentences he translated from Korean. My eyes darted from word to word. Once my eyes skimmed the last line I nodded my head and shyly smiled.


 

All good.” I replied looking down to my studies. I didn't really need to study since the next exam was on English. And since it was my mother tongue I was very confident I knew everything, obviously.


 

Minki asked me before the exam if I could help him with English because he was having trouble, but it didn't seem like he had any trouble at all. He was actually very good at spelling. Maybe even better than me...I pursed my lips at the thought. No...he wasn't.


 

I cautiously glanced at Minki to see what he was doing. As he came into view I saw him cutely narrowing his brows in thought. Seemed like he was really studying hard considering his focused expression. I took this chance to memorize everything about him. His lips were really pink and...they sort of reminded me of marshmallow because of how full they were. They plumped out very cutely whenever he twisted them to concentrate. I slightly blushed at what I was thinking but shoved it off as I trailed my eyes to his cute little nose. His skin was very white and flawless, it looked very smooth and delicate. But considering Minki being a guy, it probably wasn't as delicate as it looked. I averted my gaze to his eyes. They were a dark chocolate brown that could easily lure you into an unending daydream. His eyes spoke mystery. It always made you wonder what was going on inside.


 

Suddenly Minki's mouth turned upwards in the most perfect smile I've ever seen. His eyes squinted slightly due to this action while his cheeks creased upwards. I swallowed at the handsome boy before me.


 

Having fun?” Minki question out of no where with a slight pinch of tease in his tone. My heart leaped in surprise.


 

W-w-what?” I asked clearly confuse.


 

Fun? What is he talking abou-


 

“You were staring at me.” he explained raising his left eyebrow a bit. My mouth opened but I hesitated to say anything. I probably looked stupid because I was just sitting there with my mouth awkwardly hanging.


 

Say something Hana! Say something!


 

“I w-was? Oh...” I blushed harder and rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, “s-sorry about that...” I mumbled lowly, barely audible quickly ducking my head low. I heard Minki scoff under his breath. I oddly looked up at him in confusion. I saw an obvious smirk on his face.


 

“You're blushing again.” he teased. My eyes grew slightly larger while I kept my mouth in a tight line. I think my face turned redder.


 

Oh God so embarrassing...


 

I removed the hair behind my right ear making it cover a proportion on my face.


 

Hopefully this will cover the horrible state I'm in...


 

I crossed my fingers under the table and took even breaths to try and do something about my red face. I wasn't sure if I was doing anything to fix my annoying problem but once I felt comfortable to look up again, my effort in calming the color of my face sprung right up again. Minki was resting his head on his hand dreamily staring at me. I nervously swallowed at the trance he was in. He wasn't smiling, but I knew he wasn't upset or anything.

He looked curious...I guess? I'm not sure, it seemed like he was very interested in what I looked like. As if I was the only person in the world. He seems to be trailing his eyes from my lips, to my nose, then to my eyes. Our gazes locked but I couldn't keep it that way for long before I spoke up.


 

“Y-you're staring at m-me...” I nervously told him, sort of feeling uncomfortable and self-cautious.


 

Do I look weird? Is there something on my face? Do I look like a totally freak? I'm getting so nervous with him looking at me like that. But...wait...


 

“I know.” he answered. I swiftly gazed back at him.


 

I didn't know what to say, but...did I look like that? When I was looking at him? Did...did I look like that? Like I was so entranced by his whole being that it seemed like nothing else mattered? And...he was looking at me...the same way.


 

Oh.


 

My.


 

God.


 

NO! no no no no no no! It can't be! Like NO, N-O. Minki does not like me, I mean...look at me?! How could he love something like...me?


 

“Hana,” Minki spoke seriously trapping my eyes with his own.


 

“Y-yeah?” I asked feeling very very very nervous.


 

“I have something to tell you,” he said, my heart skipped a beat, no, more like one bagilion beats for that matter. I was literally freaking out. Could he? Could he really? Like, legit?! “it's important.” he then added. I in a breath, while I unconsciously nodded my head. He casually got up from his chair. I hesitantly got up from mine while closing my book and pulling it to my chest. He walked beside me and waited until I was ready. I shyly looked up at him and sort of smiled. He gave me his breath taking grin and began walking to the exit with me trailing behind.


 

His hands were in his pockets and he was coolly trudging with even steps. He looked extremely cool. His personality was cool, he looked cool, he acted cool...


 

Stop it Hana before you melt.


 

Minki opened the door for me. I lightly bowed to him and walked out into the cold air. I shivered as I stepped into the snow covered ground. Minki walked along side me looking up at the cloudy sky above us. The sky was grey, but it was peaceful and quiet. It seemed like it was going to snow soon considering the thick clouds ahead.


 

I squeezed my eyes shut as a big gust of wind blew past us.


 

“Br...” I mumbled, hugging my text book closer to me...if that was even possible.


 

“Cold?” Minki said, pointing the obvious.


 

“Y-yeah, we should go ins-”


 

“Not yet.” Minki in, stopping in his tracks. I kept in place as well as I curiously looked up at him. He suddenly put his arms around me. I completely froze as my body tensed up at his touch. He was warm and very comfortable compared to the bitter cold surrounding us. We stayed like that for a while without saying a word. It wasn't awkward, I sort of enjoyed the silence and the fact that he was freaking hugging me!


 

Minki is hugging me....ldskfdnalskdna


 

I think I might actually melt...


 

“Warm?” he inquired.


 

“Yeah.” I sighed happily, my eyes grew wide as I realized the tone of my voice. I tried to step back but Minki held me tighter. “U-uh...I-I mean th-thank you f-for doing th-this, b-but I'm f-fine n-now.” I said, miserably stumbling over my words trying to pry away. Of course I wasn't able to.


 

“Hana,” Minki said huskly. I froze at the strength in his voice.


 

“Y-y-yes?” I mumbled.


 

Minki slowly let go of me and pushed me slightly away so he could look me straight in the eye. I was currently staring intently at his shoes do cover the huge blush across my face. Unfortunately, Minki brought his right hand to my chin and lifted it up so I was face him dead on. My eyes grew slightly larger at his action. But I couldn't move do to the utter shock and confusion I was feeling. He was like right there. Our noses were touching, I could feel his breath on mine, I could feel the heat radiating from his face and the warmth from his body.


 

He opened his mouth and spoke;


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

“I love you.”

 

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

omg omg omg

*dies*

Minki confessed!! holy askjfnalskdn

That was just....*blushes* adorable

.////.

Any comments? I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion ^.^

-LonDon323