Worried

The Simplest of Things

 

  

 

 

JR POV

 

I was tip toeing quietly in the hall. By now it was around ten thirty once I reached my dorm. I was so nervous. I usually came here at twelve or later to make sure Manwah was a sleep. I leaned in closer to the door. I tried my best to hear if anything was going on on the other side. If I wasn't mistaken, I couldn't hear anything. I let out a deep breath. I hesitantly inserted my key to unlock the door and began turning the knob painly slow. Once a little crack opened up. I took a little peek inside. There was my beautiful angel sleeping soundly on the bed farthest from the door. I smiled at the adorable seen and carefully walked inside. I closed the door gently behind me and swiftly made my way to the washroom.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Once I came out I walked towards my bed and sat down on the edge, facing Manwah. Her eyes were closed into a thin careful line, was tightly shut and her breathing was subtle. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She was just perfect, in every single way.

After a while I felt my eyes grow heavy. I turned to look at the time and realized I've been creepily staring at Manwah for a whole hour. I shook my head in disapproval of my weird actions.

"Better go to sleep." I mumbled to myself as I began lifting the covers. I suddenly froze in my place once I heard Manwah's bed shuffle. I rapidly looked her way to see Manwah sitting up rubbing her eyes in the cutest way possible. I smiled, but it quickly went away when she made eye contact with me.

"Jr?" Manwah asked in a tired voice. I in a breath.

Oh she found out...

I panicked. She knew I was in her room. Well, our room.

"H-hi..." I stuttered not moving a single inch. She yawned. I felt my heart skip a beat and my face heat up. She was so cute I couldn't concentrate.

"What are you doing here?" she lazily asked, trying her best to stay awake.

"W-wha-I, um...thi-this is my dorm..." I lamely answered. I mentally face palmed myself for being so stupid around her.

She probably thinks I'm the biggest loser on planet earth...

She chuckled.

My eyes shot wide. She was, laughing? But...why?

"W-what's so f-funny?" I questioned feeling self-cautious.

"Sorry," she replied, "I don't why I laughed; I think I'm too tired right now to know what's going on. But I can't believe you're my roommate." she began giggling to herself, a priceless sight. "Wow, I'm really tired. I'm going to sleep now...goodnight Jr, sweet dreams."

She slightly waved her hand at me before collapsing on her pillow falling straight to sleep.

"G-good...night..." I slurred out.

 

HANA POV

 

The whole night I couldn’t sleep. So due to this very painfully long night of me sitting in bed and thinking of all the possibilities Minki could turn me down, I ended up looking terrible in the morning.

Now I was sitting in class snoozing on my desk before it began. I was so tired. Extremely tired and nervous to even look at Minki, every time another kid would walk in, my heart would leap like crazy, but to soon realize it wasn't him. I was going to walk with Manwah to class, but when I was about to knock on her door I realized it was five in the morning. Due to her love for sleep, I didn't want to end up in a pool of flames.

I heard someone sit beside me. It was Jr. I slowly lifted my head up and turned towards him. He looked as bad as me.

"Didn't get any sleep?" I asked. He nodded his head before whimpering.

"She found out I was her roommate." he whined while resting his forehead on his desk.

"Oh, isn't that a good thing?"

"Well...no, not really. She started laughing at me." I raised an eyebrow.

"She was probably really tired; you don’t know what she can do when she's sleepy..." I reassured him.

"But she said 'sweet dreams' to me before she fell asleep." Jr giggled a huge goofy smile across his face. I shook my head and chuckled at his behavior before resting my head on the desk and getting a bit more sleep. After around ten minutes, I lifted my head again. Jr was dead asleep, he was drooling a little, ew. I averted my gaze to the doorway and began staring at it. The class had filled up quite a bit. Manwah surprisingly didn't arrive yet. I was getting a little worried.

Right when I was going to doze off once more, the one and only Choi Minki walked in. He had his hair up the same way I had put it on and the famous straight face was back. As he walked to his desk he looked at me. My heart stopped. I really wanted to look away but I couldn't. He grinned a really y smile then casually sat down looking at the front of the class.

"Whoa, what was that about?" Jr asked cocking his brow up.

"..."

"Oh I see." he said in a knowing tone.

"W-what?" I questioned snapping out of my daze, turning to Jr.

"Wait..." Jr trailed.

"What? W-what is it?"

"Did he, find out?" he leaned in a little closer to me raising his eyebrows up and down. I pushed his forehead back for him to stop.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lied.

"Come on I know you like him, Manwah told me." he said.

"Sh-she what? H-"

"Well she didn't really tell me, I sort of figured it out on my own, but she gave me an obvious hint." Jr cut in.

"Oh, wait, you saw us while watching the movie?" I inquired.

"Yeah, you two were really-"

"Alright class is starting!" The teacher announced, walking in the room the moment the bell rang.

I blinked several times in surprise; I turned to Manwah's seat. She wasn't there. She hadn't entered class. Now I was worried.

 

JR POV

 

"Psst." I said looking at Hana. She took a glance at me. "Where's Manwah?" I asked staring at her empty desk.

"I don't know. She should've come by now." she whispered. "Was she in your dorm when you woke up?"

"Yeah. I heard her in the shower. She woke up before I did." I thought for a moment. "When did I fall asleep?"

"She woke up before you? What time did you wake up?" she pondered.

"Um...like, six I think." I answered.

"Really?"

"Yeah, what the hell is wrong with her? Why did she wake up so early?"

"Is she sick?" Hana wondered.

"Sick?!" I exclaimed.

"Excuse me?" The teacher asked, turning around to me.

"S-sorry." I replied sinking in my seat.

He inspected me for a moment before going back to the board. I looked back at Hana.

"Yeah, maybe she wasn't feeling well." she continued.

"W-what? L-like what could sh-she have?" I panicked.

"Um...I don't know. Maybe she has a fever or a cold or something..." she thought.

"What if it's worse?" I asked.

"Like what?"

"What if she broke a bone? Or what if she's bleeding? Oh my God what if she's dyi-"

"Relax, you're getting a little too worried." she in.

I blushed and ducked my head low.

She's right, she's right. Manwah can't have something that bad...she just didn't show up to class and woke up a little earlier. Calm down. You're losing your cool.

Class was almost over, and at any moment I knew I was going to die of anxiety. Manwah was running through my mind at lightning speed. I was getting more paranoid by the second. I knew that nothing really bad could have happened. But I was still expecting the worse. Once the bell finally rung I dashed out of the class. The first place that popped into my mind was the nurse’s office in the dorm building. I ran in the hall, trying my best not to crash into people.

I made it inside the other building. Manwah was standing outside the nurse's office. My heart skipped a beat. She was okay.

The nurse gave her a bottle, I think it was Advil.

I didn't think twice before I ran up to her. Once I was right by her side, I was gasping for air.

"Oh hello Jr." she cheerfully greeted. "What are you doi-"

"Are you okay? What happened? Why did you skip class? Why are you at the nurse's office? Are you sick? Why do you-"

"Whoa! Hold on a second there! Catch your breath." Manwah cut in patting my shoulder.

I stood there panting staring down the girl down. My face was burning like crazy and my heart was pounding.

"Sorry I made you worry. I just got bad cramps and went to the nurse to get some medicine. But she couldn't find them so I helped her." she explained.

I took a deep breath to calm myself.

"O-oh..." I mumbled looking at the ground in embarrassment.

"No need to worry I'm fine. Well, we should probably go to class; it should be starting again soon." Manwah suggested.

 

HANA POV

 

Jr zoomed out of the class like there was no tomorrow. I shook my head at his weird behavior. He over reacted. Manwah probably has her period or something.

I scanned the room, most of the students left to go see their other friends. Minki, however, was still seated at his desk like usual, reading a book. I crossed my arms over my desk resting my head on top. I began admiring his hair.

He kept it up, just how I liked it. I thought he wouldn't like it the way I did it. I would have thought it would make him feel girly or something. I guess he likes it. That's cool. Hey...he's wearing the same hair elastic from yesterday. He's using the same one! My property lies on his head. Mouhahaha...okay Hana you're acting weird cut it out. Who cares if it's yours, it doesn't mean anything to him...it's just a hair elastic, a normal hair elastic, just because it's yours...doesn't make it any more special...

I put a frown on my face and looked down at the front of my desk. I sighed.

Sadly...he doesn't feel the same way...I'm probably really annoying or something. Oh God please no. I would hate that. Maybe I should stop talking to him? I mean, I know he doesn't like me...but the more time I spend with him...the more I fall for the simplest of things...I'm driving myself crazy. All I can do is look at him from afar. Jia would probably be a better match for him. They're both beautiful...

 

Wait...

 

What if...

 

What if Jia wants to- the arranged marriage can only be canceled if they both get married to someone else right?

 

'I don't want you anywhere near him'

 

'No you idiot, Choi Minki'

 

Could it be that she- wants to...marry him?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wow I havent updated in a while.

Well, here's the next chapter. Tell me what you think!

Haven't seen Jia in a while hmmm No she hasn't died yet.

Pweease comment ><

I was listening to Minhyun's teaser on replay while writing this omg

he is so alskfnalskd

-LonDon323