Lovely Tears

The Simplest of Things

 

  

 

"You mean...Jr?" I wondered.

She snapped her head at me, rolling her eyes, she crossed her arms.

"No you idiot," she hissed, "Choi Minki."

I stared at her for a brief moment before taking that in.

Wait a sec. What?

"Minki?" I repeated, not expecting her to ever mention his name.

Letting her arms fall down, she lazily leaned her body to her left side.

"Um yeah, that's what I said." Jia snorted with annoyance.

I ignored her attitude and continued with more questions.

"What's this about?" I inquired.

She gave me a weird look.

"None of your business." Jia hissed. "Just don't hang around him anymore."

With that, she swiftly turned around and walked away. I oddly watched as her figure became smaller and smaller.

I couldn't understand what she meant by that, I just guessed it was probably some ridiculous thing like the last incident, so I just brushed it off.

I faced the library, a couple of students were staring at me, but they quickly looked away when I met their eyes.

As I got closer to the front door, I let my head hang low as I passed them. I tried my best to ignore their strange behavior. Once I did, they began eyeing me again. My heart rate began to quicken at the subtle self-consciousness that was building up, all that was running through my mind was Manwah and Minki. I wanted them here, beside me; I wanted to feel secure and safe. The kids who kept there gaze locked on me made myself feel uneasy, embarrassed, scared.

I slowly lifted my eyes from the floor, looking at the door handle to the building. All I had to do was pull on it and walk inside. That was it. I raised my hand and clenched the circular bar; it was cold from the shade. I took a deep breath; an odd feeling was washing through my body. I couldn't explain it, but I didn't enjoy it, not one bit.

The people behind me began whispering and giggling amongst each other. I hesitated to open the door. Where they talking about me?

"Does she like Minki?" one of them whispered.

"I don't know." another said.

I completely froze in my spot. My hands began shaking, my breaths became short rapid gasps, my heart rate sped up at a tremendous speed.

W-what did they say? I panicked.

"I bet she does." another giggled.

"They wouldn't make a good couple." a girl began.

"That's true. Unless she's the guy and he's the girl." a boy chuckled.

"Yeah totally. Choi Minki is way more attractive than her." a different guy agreed.

"I would hate to be in her shoes. Imagine, a guy being prettier than you? How lame." the girl snorted.

"I would choose Choi Minki over her." the boy said.

"Same here." someone else whispered.

I suddenly felt very nauseous. I wanted to hide in a corner and cry.

A-am I really that ugly? So unappealing, that...a guy would be chosen, over me?

Tears began filling my eyes, but I quickly shook them off.

No. You are not going to cry. You are not going to cry. Ignore their stupid judgment. Be strong. I replayed in my mind.

With that, I opened the library entrance and walked inside.

MANWAH POV

This guy...I can't get a single thing out of him! No matter what I say he just sits there and does nothing! Ugh...he's making me frustrated, I need another plan. Hm...Maybe, no, never mind I got nothing..

I sighed in defeat.

Ah dang it, I have no idea what else to say.

"Well, I'm gonna leave now." I grunted, getting up from on my two feet.

I looked down at Minki one more time; he was fully drawn into his little book. I shook my head in disappointment. He didn't even flinch, he stayed put like a rock.

I cocked up an eyebrow at him.

"Bye." I waved, walking around the tree to find no one there.

What the? Hana left? I knew it! She was probably too embarrassed to listen. Haha, she's so cute.

I began walking towards the library, knowing fully well that's probably where she would be hiding. As I entered the quiet building, I found Hana in her usual spot. Her arms were folded on top on the table covering her face. I smiled at her figure, skipping towards the hopeless girl.

Once I came to a fair distance I patted her back with a sweet hello.

She groaned and shifted her body away from me. I guess she was napping, due to her reaction. I smirked at her, placing both my hands on either shoulder, I gently pulled her up. Her eyes were still closed, a little puffy and pink. Was she, crying?

She turned her head towards me and slowly opened her eyes.

"Yo." she mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

I narrowed my brows waveringly at her weak response, letting my hands fall back to my sides.

"Rise and shine little ducky," I whispered kindly, sitting in the chair beside her.

She blinked her eyes several times before finally waking up.

"So?" she asked.

I raised an eyebrow due to confusion.

"So~? What?" I wondered, dragging the 'o'.

"Y-you know! A-about, Minki..." she replied, getting a little shy.

"Oh!" I laughed, knowing fully well she was trying to lighten her mood.

"I'm serious! Did he say anything?" Hana questioned.

"Uh...no." I answered rubbing the back of my head.

"Nothing?" she said with a shocked tone.

"Yes nothing!" I reassured.

Hana frowned and gazed down at her lap with disappointment. The atmosphere around her became depressing; it suffocated the life out of me at how intense it was.

I pursed my lips together at her reaction. I lightly let my hand sit on her left shoulder.

"Hey, um, is there something wrong?" I asked, getting quite worried.

She swiftly looked at me with watery eyes. I could tell she was trying to keep them in.

"I-uh, nothing. Nothing's wrong." Hana managed to spill.

"Hana. If something happened please tell me. I'm your friend." I said in a motherly tone.

She blinked a couple times, a tear escaped her eye, but she quickly brushed it away.

"Do I look, um, ugly?" she questioned weakly.

I gave her an odd look.

"No." I answered confidently. "Why would you think that?" I asked.

"Well, a group of kids were," she swallowed deeply before continuing, "talking about me. They said I look ugly." she took a big breath. "They, um, also said that they would rather choose a guy, over me..."

My eyes grew wide with furry. I slammed my hand on the table causing Hana to jump in surprise.

"Don't you dare listen to those stupid people! They don't know a single thing about you! You're funny, kind, awesome, spectacular, amazing, romantic, caring, playful, and honest and a great friend! They’re just jealous of how beautiful you are! Don't let their stupid words get to you!" I ranted, letting steam pour out of my ears.

Hana blinked several times, her facial expression was in complete shock. She didn't make a single move and just stared at me.

HANA POV

I was speechless. Completely and utterly speechless. I couldn't put my finger around the fact that she was being completely serious. All the words she had said about me were coming straight from her heart, the truth.

This was the first time anyone had ever complimented me in such a vast way. I couldn't help but smile. All I could do was smile. I wasn't able to speak, all my words were trapped in my throat. Maybe that was the best thing to do, not to say anything.

I swallowed deeply; streams of tears began falling down my eyes.

Manwah blinked several times at my current state, but didn't hesitate to pull me into a hug. She felt so warm, caring, I felt protected and loved.

"Th-thank you." I mumbled.

She released the hug. I still had tears falling down my face; she cleaned them off with her thumb.

"Don't cry Hana. I'm always here for you." she smiled.

-----------------------------------------

Manwah and I were eating dinner in the cafeteria. I usually wouldn't even think of such a thing, but since I wasn't alone, I didn't mind the numerous amounts of people yelling and shoving each other. We were sharing a bowl of spaghetti, I had orange juice and Manwah had apple.

Before we had arrived here, we made a pit stop at my dorm to drop off My Husband.

Manwah was talking and talking the whole way to my room and to the cafeteria. She kept on ranting on about how lucky I was to have a dorm all to myself, then she would trail of and talk about some completely different thing. But now, she was silent, totally focused on eating. I guess she was really hungry.

Personally I didn't mind Manwah doing most of the talking; she was funny and very amusing. She didn't mind me just laughing and listening to her pointless hitter chatter either, I think it made her very happy that I was paying very close attention to her. We made a good pair.

I smiled at her when she got a little bit of sauce on her nose.

She looked up at me in a questioning way. I just giggled and whipped the red dot off her nose with a napkin. She smiled in thanks and continued eating the rest of the food. I slowly let my eyes travel around the busy room, everyone was mostly just chatting amongst themselves, enjoying the meal they had in front of them.

I locked my view on a familiar boy. Jr. He was staring right at us. I didn't leave my gaze on him, I was quite curious to why he was looking at...

Wait. He's not looking at me. He's looking at-

I turned to my left, Manwah head low, strings on spaghetti being into ; she was completely clueless of Jr staring at her.

I looked back at Jr, he didn't seem to notice me until his eyes grew wide and he shyly turned away.

Does Jr like Manwah? I thought for a moment. That wouldn't make sense; he has a girlfriend, Jia. Then why would he be staring at her? Does he have a secret crush or something? Hm...Interesting, very interesting.

I smiled at Manwah then looked back at Jr, he was watching her again. I chuckled in my spot.

"What's so funny little bunny?" Manwah asked.

I turned to her with a sneaky grin.

"Nothing." I lied

She narrowed her eyes at me.

"What is it?!" she whined.

"Nothing!" I reassured.

"How can it be nothing when you have that goofy smile across your face?"

I tried to cover my mouth with my hand but Manwah snatched my wrist before I had the chance.

"Really! It's nothing!" I exclaimed.

"Mhmm." she mumbled, not believing a word I said.

She slowly turned back to her spaghetti and gave me a weird look. I sighed to myself.

"Okay, okay I'll tell you." I began.

Her face lit up.

"Yes! Alright! Let me hear it!" she excitedly clapped.

I smiled in defeat.

"Look in front of you." I told her.

She questionably glared at me.

"Just do it! Look at the far end of the caf." I instructed.

She pursed her lips, but did what I said anyway.

I watched as she searched down at the other side of the caf. Her eyes grew wide; she rapidly turned back to me with a blush across her face.

"Jr was staring at me!" she whispered with shock.

"I think he likes you." I teased, elbowing her arm.

"But he has a girlfriend!" she mentioned.

"So? It doesn't mean he can't be attracted to you." I snapped back.

She twisted , slowly making her gaze back on the boy. He was looking away now, he seemed a little flustered.

"I don't see Jia anywhere." she said, lifting her head higher searching for the girl.

I looked down at my lap in thought.

"Hey, um, Manwah?" I started, grabbing her attention, she looked back at me. "What's Jia's and Minki's relationship?"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aww their friendship is so cute ^.^

Hmmm... Does Jr like Manwah?

What's going on with Jia and Minki?? O.O

Comment and subscribe!

-LonDon323