Misunderstanding

The Simplest of Things

 

 

 

 

MANWAH POV


 

I was laying down on Hana's bed while she and Minki sat on either end staring at each other. I told them I didn't feel like talking, they were very understanding in the matter and I was obviously very grateful. I just needed their company and had to relax. I didn't really know what to feel...I felt...I don't know. Betrayed? Yeah, I guess that was it.


 

I think I felt like Jr made a promise to me or something, like that he'd always be there to comfort me. But I don't belong to him, I'm not his. I'm just his friend. And he's getting married with a beautiful rich girl. I don't stand a chance anymore. I don't think I ever did...


 

"Hey, Manwah?" Hana spoke up. I looked up and saw her sadly gazing down at my tear stained face. "Do you mind if we talk about it? It would probably make you feel better." she explained with a sweet smile. I could just hug the life out of this girl she was so cute. I nodded my head in understanding while I sat my self up and leaned against the head rest beside Hana. "Listen, I'm certain Jr isn't getting married." she said. I narrowed my brows in confusion.


 

"Why are you so sure?" I asked, not realizing how weak I sounded once Hana's smile faltered. She pursed her lips and looked at me thoughtful.


 

"You need talk to Jr about that. He's the one who should be telling you this." Hana simply replied hugging her knees to her chest.


 

"Ask him?" I repeated.


 

"Yeah, you should probably go now and sort all this out. I'm pretty sure what you saw was just a misunderstanding." Hana comforted.


 

"W-wait, you mean me?  Go, alone? Right now?" I questioned, trying to clarify it. Hana nodded her head.


 

"The longer you wait the more you're going to doubt." she answered.


 

"I-I can't! I would probably look really ridiculous!" I snapped back.


 

"Manwah! You won't look ridiculous! You have to be the brave girl you are! I have no doubt in my mind that Jr doesn't like Jia!" she exclaimed.


 

"Hana I'm serious! I'm not brave, I ran away like a scared little mouse when I saw him! I probably looked terrible!" I retorted.


 

"Please Manwah! You've been sulking over Jr since yesterday! You need to clear things out with him! He's probably just as confused as you are!" Hana explained. I sighed and looked down at my lap.


 

"I don't know...I'm just...afraid..." I mumbled, a frown growing upon my face. Hana rubbed my back in comfort. We both kept silent for a moment before Minki suddenly suggested;


 

"We could walk you to your dorm." I looked up at Minki and thought about that then turned to Hana. She smiled gratefully at Minki then averted her eyes to me.


 

"That's a great idea! We'll be behind you the whole time! You won't have to feel scared or anything!" Hana cheered. I saw Minki become bashful and smile dorkily at Hana's compliment all the while Hana began getting up from her bed dragging me along. I pulled back when I was just about to be lifted from the mattress. Hana turned back at me with a confused look.


 

"I'm not ready..." I whispered. Hana just shook her head in amusement.


 

"Doesn't matter, you're doing this anyway." she told me. I was dragged off the bed and to the other end of the room. Hana had some sort of happy vibe going on, I was beginning to think that something good must have happened between Minki and her due to their seemingly different reactions to everything. But that question was for a later time, I had this Jr business to take care of.


 

--


 

"Oh come on Manwah! Just turn the corner already!" Hana said trying, yet failing at pulling me around the corner. I was holding myself in place using the wall as my grip.


 

"No! I can't do it! I can't do it!" I pleaded while my hands began to get sweaty. Minki just stood there in amusement as Hana tried pulling me to my dorm, where Jr would most likely be. And if he was there, I didn't want to see him...because I was being difficult at the moment.


 

"Your room is literally right there! I can see..." Hana's words trailed off once she let go of her grip on me and peeked around the corner. My breathing died down when I finally composed myself. Minki walked beside Hana and gazed at what she was looking at, making sure not to fully expose himself from the other side. I cocked a brow in confusion. I slowly walked beside Minki and looked over his shoulder to whatever they were so interested in.


 

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Jr marching his way to a waiting Minhyun at our dorm. He was leaning against the wall quite amusedly.


 

"What the did you tell her?!" Jr raged while stalking up to him. My eyes grew wide at the power of his voice. Minhyun just laughed it off and rolled his eyes.


 

"I have no clue what you're talking about." he told him.


 

"I'm having none of your bull Minhyun!" Jr snapped back while getting in his face. Minhyun just smirked and got off the wall.


 

"Dude, calm down. Why do you even care what I told Manwah?" Minhyun asked. Jr opened his mouth, but nothing came out. "It's not like you have feelings for her or anything." Jr's eyes grew wide, while my heart fell at his words. "You're getting married to Ji-"


 

"No I'm not!" Jr cut him off slamming Minhyun into the wall. My heart skipped a beat at the force that was just portrayed. "It was an arranged marriage, okay?! I didn't want to marry Jia! And anyway it was canceled! Now stop bothering me! I don't love Jia! I love Manwah, okay? So get off my back and don't bother us! Jia is all yours! I don't give a crap about her! So go run along and stop messing with Manwah's feelings!"


 

JR POV


 

I heaved a big breath and let go of Minhyun's collar. All he did was glare at me while I kept a close proximity from him. I wanted him to get the fact that I was stronger and that I seriously wanted him to stop ing around with my Manwah. She completely stormed off when I got back and I couldn't have been more confused. But once I realized it was Minhyun and his stupid lying, I had to do something about it. Manwah had looked terribly sad and shocked when I saw her at the top of the stairs, and I couldn't even continue running after her because a teacher stopped me.

I took a step back from the boy in front of me. I kept a firm glare as I watched him pull at his collar and straightening his shirt. Minhyun turned to his right, then he randomly flinched. I narrowed my eyes at him and followed his gaze.

My body froze once I saw the last person I was expecting standing there.

Manwah, agape and eyes wider than the moon. She was just staring at me. I noticed her face getting redder by the second. And once I realized the reason I cupped my hand over my mouth.


 

Did she just hear...everything I said? My eyes grew wide in worry. Oh my God no...she must have heard it...I totally just confessed my feelings right in front of her! What do I do now?! What do I do?! How am I supposed to even talk to her?! She just heard the last thing I wanted her to-


 

Before I could process what was going on, Manwah had run up to me and stretched her arms around my neck and kissed me, WAS CURRENTLY KISSING ME. My face turned 73243 different shades of red while I lamely stood there, frozen in my spot. The kiss was only a small peck which lasted three little seconds. When she pulled back I unconsciously moved forward missing the contact we shared. Realizing my actions, I caught my breath and gasped at how embarrassing that was. Manwah just smiled at me with tears flooding her eyes. I got really confused at the sight of her, but her arms were securely locked around my neck as she looked up at me on her tippy toes.


 

"I love you too." she whispered.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*Looks at total subscribers* *shakes head*

OMG 50+ subs!! Holy Molly Ravioli!!

Thank you guys so much!! *Tears fall*

Thank you for your amazing comments, especially Soominnieee for that humongous comment... just...thank you :)

And, do you want this story to end soon or do you want me to add in another conflict?

-LonDon323