Confession?

The Simplest of Things

 

 

 

 

 

HANA POV

 

 

Jia was silent the whole time.

 

The whole exam she hadn't said a word.

 

Not even to Minki.

 

I tried my best to remember if Minki had said anything to Jia while I locked myself in my room. But when I thought about it, I wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying before. I didn't have a clue to what had happened.

 

Did Minki tell Jia off? Is that why she was really mad now? Is that why when I opened my door Minki was sitting there alone...waiting for me?

 

I didn't know. I was really curious, but how could I find out? I couldn't ask Jia obviously...and I couldn't ask Minki. I wasn't able to make any real sentence when I was around him. I was completely hopeless. Just being near him made my heart flutter and shake. I acted like the lamest person alive...

 

I shook my head out of my thoughts as I stood up from my desk. I walked over to Mr. Lee and handed him my exam. As I made my way to the door, I heard a chair rub against the floor. I slightly turned around. My eyes grew slightly larger when I saw Minki handing in his exam. I rapidly zoomed around and took even steps out of the class. The hall had a few students grabbing their jackets and leaving. No one was really speaking to each other due to the exams still going on. I quickly walked up to my coat and slipped it over my shoulders. I stretched my arms through the arms wholes then zipped up the front. I dug my hands in my pockets keeping my gaze to the ground. I turned to the exit but came to a halt when black familiar shoes came into my view. I swallowed as I dragged my eyes up to the owner's face.

 

Minki was staring at me with his blank expression. I felt a little, no very self-cautious with him just randomly staring me down. I blushed a deep red and tried to make a run for it. I stepped to the left but Minki did the same and blocked my way. My heart leaped with caution so I stepped to the right, but he copied taking a little move closer. I looked everywhere except for him and focused on my feet.

 

“E-exc-cuse me.” I weakly mumbled to him. Instead of answering back he took another step closer to me. Due to his extremely close proximity I immediately took a pace back to gain a bit of space from him. Unfortunately he kept walking up to me with slow stalking strides. I instantly moved backwards. My breath hitched when my back hit the wall of jackets. The sound of clothing material was heard behind me as I nervously shuffled in the coats.

 

“Listen.” Minki spoke up leaning down so that his breath was hovering over my ear. I flinched at the heat of his mouth ghosting on me. “Jia won't be a bother anymore.” he continued. I narrowed my brows in confusion.

 

She's not going to be a bother anymore? What does he mean? Or...how did he do it? What did he tell her? He must have said something very serious considering she completely disregarded his existence earlier.

 

“I don't like her.” he suddenly added lifting his head to face mine. My eyes grew wide at the proximity. I felt a deep blush spread across my face.

 

Was he going to? No...he...he couldn't be...that would be impossible! I mean...I...what do I mean? Is he going to...confess? T-to me? Right now? Out of all places? Out of all times? Out of every circumstances? Out of all people? Me? Am I over thinking this? H-he could be telling me something else...I mean...It's a long shot that he could actually have feelings for me...

 

My mind went blank when a single question popped into my mind.

 

Does Minki like me?

 

“Hana,” Minki spoke up taking a deep breath. I froze. Was he? It couldn't be. But no...it...it was...he...he was going to con-

 

“Can I please have your attention,” the intercom suddenly rung out, “Can Kim Jonghyun and Meng Jia please come to the principals office at once. I repeat, Kim Jonghyun and Meng Jia to the principals office. That will be all.” The intercom lady finished.

 

Minki and I stared at each other's eyes in complete silence. But we quickly broke apart when Jia and Jr came walking out of the class.

 

I made eye contact with Jr. He gave me a confused look like he had no idea why he would be called to go to the office during exams, while Jia had her face on and looked like she didn't give a damn. We watched as the two of them snatched their jackets and walked out of the building making rapid steps away from the building.

 

Minki kept looking out the door for a little while longer while I analyzed his pale white skin shine in the light that reflected from the sun. I lost myself in his calm yet nervous eyes. He looked perfected.

 

He slowly pulled his gaze away from the exit and looked at me. I panicked turned away to cover the blush that began forming again. I noticed my elastic band around his right wrist. My heart was pounding like crazy I couldn't handle it, I felt like I was about to explode. If that stupid announcement hadn't go on...would Minki have...

 

“Hana,” Minki started again filling in the space that he used to occupy moments ago. I shyly ducked my head. I knew what was coming. But I wasn't prepared. I don't know why I was feeling this way, but I was getting a whole lot of butterflies in my stomach. My breathing became sharp and unstable while my knees started to loose strength. Never has this happened to me. No one had confessed before, not a single person. I was confused. I didn't know how to act. Cool? Nervous? Calm? Shy? I didn't know.

 

I tried to rethink all the love stories I had read an watched. It all came down to a romantic kiss. I wasn't ready for kissing though. I hadn't even gotten as far to a hug. I don't think I would be able to handle a kiss.

 

Wait...Kiss? Hana really? You're thinking about kissing already? He hasn't even said anything! He probably might not be even confessing to you!

 

Minki opened his mouth, but before anything could come out, Manwah came skipping out of the class. Minki swore under his breath and stepped away, frustration evident in his face.

 

Oh hey! Hana! Minki!” Manwah cheerfully called jogging up to us. As she came to a stop she raised an eyebrow at the weird atmosphere. “What's goin' on?” she asked with a grin twitching in place. I swear my face was as red as a tomato.

 

“N-n-nothing!” I quickly answered, maybe a little too quickly because Manwah looked like she didn't believe me for a second.

 

She cheekily glanced between me and Minki who was looking quite irritated.

 

“Hm, sure.” she hummed, “Anyway, do you know why Jr was called to the office with Jia?” Manwah inquired, her grin vanishing with a tight line of worry.

 

“I don't know.” I told her. “When he walked out he seemed confused himself.” Minki looked at me as I finished talking. We made eye contact, but I broke it off as soon as it came.

 

“I'm actually kind of worried...I mean...” Manwah leaned in close to me ear and whispered, “what if this has to do with the arranged marriage?” as she moved away I could see the trouble and concern filling her expression. It seemed like Manwah really really like Jr. I completely understood where she was coming from.

 

It also made me wonder, what did Jr say about the amount of time he had to ask Manwah for her hand in marriage?

 

 

 

I have to get married to someone else before Christmas. He had told her. That meant he only had about two weeks left. Two weeks, fourteen days, only fourteen more days until he didn't have a chance. It would be over by then.

 

 

--

 

 

The three of us were in the cafeteria eating super. Minki sat across from me while Manwah sat beside him. I was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Minki was slowly eating his salad while Manwah barely touched her spaghetti and kept searching around the room for any sign of Jr. Thankfully Jia wasn't bothering us anymore, according to Minki, so I was happy I knew she wouldn't be taking him away from me- us.

 

Minki seemed really down and upset about something. I think it was because he didn't have a chance to tell me what he wanted to say before Manwah came. Honestly, I was very disappointed myself.

 

I swallowed a piece of my sandwich down looking up at Manwah. She had a visible frown upon her face, her brows were narrowed to aid her in her search for Jr. A random guy suddenly called to one of his friends, Manwah turned around to the voice. Her shoulders slouched once she realized it wasn't Jr. She let out a deep sigh and went back to gazing at her untouched spaghetti.

 

I pursed my lips at the pitiful sight.

 

“Hey Manwah,” I spoke up. The girl lifted up her head to reveal a small fake smile covering her gloomy feelings. Minki also glanced at me from the corner of his eye clearly paying attention to what I was going to say. “you should stop worrying about Jr, I'm pretty sure you'll see him at your dorm later. Just eat your food.” I assured with a big smile. I swear I saw Minki blush, but it could have been my imagination. Manwah beamed at me and nodded rapidly. Her mood completely changing in realization.

 

“Yeah! That's true! We share the same room!” she slightly laughed and blushed deeply. “He can't not go to sleep, it's Monday today and we have school tomorrow!” she added, trying to convince herself Jr was going to be there later on. I giggled at her silliness and continued with my food.

 

After we finished our super, we all went our separate ways to our dorms. Considering it was late and we had another exam early the next day, we couldn't stay together and chat longer. I sincerely wanted to ask Minki about what he was going to tell me after the exam...but I couldn't.

 

I pulled my blanket over my body and stared up at the ceiling. My room was completely silent.

 

What was Minki going to say?

 

I kept asking myself as my breaths started to even out.

 

Was he going to confess?

 

I thought about that for a long time. It seemed quite obvious in my mind. But I couldn't help but doubt it. I mean, who wouldn't? Would you ever imagine the guy of your dreams confessing to you? No...I've always imagined me confessing to the guy. Not the other way around. I've always thought of the girl having all the feelings while the boy couldn't care less while he didn't even know you existed.

 

But here I am. Stuck in this confusing situation where I know Minki, and he knows me, and it could be that we might sort of have the same feelings for each other...But you never know. You can't know. You solemnly wish that you could somehow find out if that special person loves you back. Obviously it's impossible. It , yes, I know. But what can I do?

 

...What can I do? I know what I could do. But I'm afraid. I'm afraid on rejection. But should I? Is it worth it? Is it worth the three seconds of utter courage?

 

Then, I fell asleep.

 

 

MANWAH POV

 

 

I was leaning against the head board of my bed. My blankets pulled over my torso to protect me from the cold. I was staring at the door, and I kept staring.

 

After I had brushed my teeth and washed my face I curled up on my bed and waited for Jr. I waited...and waited...and waited...Still, after two whole hours of hopelessly waiting, he hadn't arrived. I was alone in my dorm, unable to sleep due to the anxiety of it all.

 

Where had Jr gone? Why didn't he come back from the office? Why did Jia have to go with him? Did it have to do anything with the arranged marriage?

 

Question after question. It didn't stop. I couldn't make it stop. I was going insane! Where was he?! Where was Jr?! What was going on?! He IS going to come...right?

 

I swallowed the sick feeling in my stomach. I was acting ridiculous...

 

I laid myself down and stared at the empty bed beside me. I was going to have a lonely night tonight.

 

--

 

I woke up really early the next morning. I had a nightmare and it terrified me. I was going to wake up Jr but when I looked to his side of the room, he wasn't there. I checked the time and it was five am. My heart leaped with worry. He hadn't come back.

 

I jumped out of bed and locked myself in the washroom. I analyzed myself in the mirror as I thought back to the many times I noticed Jr staring at me through the reflection. A small smile grew upon my face as heat rose to my cheeks. Every time he would catch my eye he would flush red and avert his eyes away rapidly brushing his teeth to occupy himself. I would always chuckle to myself whenever he did that. But this morning was different...he wasn't here...

 

--

 

I presumed Hana had already arrived in class so I didn't bother going up to her dorm.

 

When I entered the class room I saw Hana and Minki shyly talking to each other in their seats. Hana was blushing a deep red trying her best to keep eye contact with him without fainting, while Minki had the sweetest smile. I could hear Hana stuttering the cutest way possible while Minki kept his sentences short and straight forward. Even though Minki might have looked calm and tough on the outside, I'm pretty sure he wanted to squish and hug the life out of Hana due to the way she was acting. But of course, he had self control.

 

I didn't want to disturb their moment, so I sneaked my way to the back of the class to Hana's old spot. When I first sat down I turned to look at Jr's desk, but it was unoccupied. My smile twitched away and I looked down at the empty table before me. I sulked at the loss and fiddled with my thumbs until the exam started.

 

--

 

Jr hadn't shown up to the exam, nor did Jia. I sighed as I slipped on my jacket and began to make my way to the exit of the school. I could hear my lonely footsteps hit the polished floor as it echoed in the hall. I pushed the doors open and walked outside into the cold air. I immediately began moving towards the library where Hana and Minki would be.

 

I walked up to the entry way of the building. I clasped my hand around the door handle and was about to pull it open when I was suddenly stopped by someone's voice.

 

“Manwah,” a familiar voice spoke up. My body froze. I turned to the right and came face to face with none other than Minhyun. I swallowed nervously remembering what Jr had told me before.

 

“Oh, hello...” I greeted with a polite bow. Minhyun just smiled and walked up to me with confident steps. He came to a stop at a safe distance, any closer or I would hav-

 

“Seems like Jr's gone.” he spoke up looking out into the garden. I tensed up at his name. What was that supposed to mean? He's...gone?

 

“Um..y-yeah, he got sent to the office.” I explained, my voice shook a bit. I mentally slapped myself for being weak. Minhyun's smile twisted into a grin.

 

“I know,” he simply said. I narrowed my eyes at his weird tone. It seemed like he knew a bit more to this. “but, it seems like he isn't going to be coming back any time soon.” he added. My breath began to grow stronger.

 

What is he saying? He won't be coming back for a while? What? What does he mean? Where did Jr go? What is he doing?

 

“W-what do you mean?” I asked cautiously. Minhyun didn't reply right away, he slowly brought his gaze to meet mine.

 

“Well, Jr's got some preparation to do.” Minhyun stated. I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

 

Prepare? What is he saying? What does Jr have to prepare for?

 

“Prepare for what?” I questioned, my grip on the door knob becoming stronger. Minhyun chuckled under his breath before answering.

 

“Don't you know?” he mocked.

 

“Know what?” I swiftly inquired.

 

Minhyun slightly shook his head in amusement. He looked to the ground then back at me.

 

“He's getting married.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey people! Another chapter has been posted! Woo~

And hello and thank you to my new subscribers ^^

Seems like we got some more drama going on

What do you guys think is going to happen next???

Hmmm...

-LonDon323