Jr

The Simplest of Things

 

  

I can't remember how much time had passed but when I looked up at the clock I realized I had five minutes to get to class.

"Shoot." I hissed at myself, getting up from my chair.

Ren was gone, but he left his book there though.

Dang it...that guy didn't put his book away...

I panickly looked around and snatched it. I slid it on some random shelf, keeping my book safely in my hands.

I ran to the evil lady at the front.

"Um...can I take this book with me?" I asked.

She slightly nodded her head keeping full concentration on the computer screen.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

I walked quickly for the door. Once I was outside, I started running down the path to the other building. No one was outside.

No no no I can't be late on the first day...Hana this is your entire fault! You should have brought a watch with you...

I made it to the building out of breath. Before entering inside, I stopped to rest, and then pushed the door open. I could see a few people walking back to their classes. I thankfully sighed to myself.

I made it...

I walked down the hall and entered class 2-D. I noticed the four guys from before, standing in the back of the class laughing with each other. I moved closer to my desk and to my utter surprise, Ren was sitting in the seat right behind mine.

What the? How come I didn't notice him before?...I curiously thought to myself sitting at my desk. Oh wait...I didn't look at anyone when I first got here...haha...whoops...I forgot...

I raised my book on the table opening it to page ten.

I feel so stupid... In two hours all could read was ten pages...

I frustratingly sighed to myself and continued reading 'My Husband' until the teacher walked in. Everyone sat back down in their rightful spots.

"Alright class! Since I've explained everything you need to know about the essay, I want you all to start writing it today." Mr. Lee told us; walking around passing us lose leaf paper.

Once everyone got one, he went to the front of the class and sat at his desk.

"Begin." he said gesturing his hands in the air.

I looked down at my blank piece of paper. I could hear everyone else’s pencils as they wrote, but I just sat there.

Okay...um...so...this summer I moved to Korea with my dad...and I went site seeing and stuff with him...I narrowed my eyes at the first line. I know what I did...but...how do I get it on paper? Ugh! I'm so stupid! Why didn't I practice writing and reading before I left Canada?!

I nervously looked around my desk. My eyes glued on to the book.

Wait! I can use my book!

I flipped it open again and searched for certain words I didn't know how to write. I kept writing and writing, to me what seemed to be like an eternity, but I only had one paragraph...that took up barely half the page. I glared at my stupid paper in frustration, but I brushed away the useless anger and continued writing.

It went pretty well from there; I was getting a lot done until I got stuck on a word.

How do you say happy in Korean?....I stared at my pencil. No! I forgot...maybe I can ask somebody...

I turned my head to the girl who gave me the death glare before.

I...don't think I should ask her...

She quickly snapped her head up at me. I jerked in surprise of her sudden action.

"What?" she rudely asked.

...to late...

"Um...how do you say..." I started.

Shoot how am I supposed to ask her? Oh well...I'll try...

"How do you say 'happy', in Korean?" I asked, saying the word in English.

She looked at me for a while silently observing my every move.

"I don't know what that means..." she plainly answered.

"Oh...sorry for interrupting you." I politely said, turning to my paper.

She went back to writing.

Ugh...you're so stupid Hana...how are you supposed to ask a Korean person how to say an English word in their language?... I bit my bottom lip trying to figure out a different word I could use.

My mind was blank.

Maybe I'll ask the person to my right...

I turned to face a husky looking guy with piercings all over his face. I quickly looked back at my paper and whimpered a bit.

No Hana! Be brave...it's just a normal kid...

I slowly looked back at him.

"Excuse me." I whispered.

The boy turned his head to me. I tried my best not to throw up on him, because this guy had the ugliest piercings I've ever seen.

"Yeah?" he whispered back with a deep voice.

"Um...how do you say 'happy' in Korean?" I asked, again saying the word in English.

He scratched his head for a second before answering.

"You mean happy?" he questioned saying the word in Korean.

"Yes! Thank you." I said slightly bowing and going back to writing my essay.

"You’re welcome." he kindly said back.

------------------------------------

The lunch bell rang totally catching me off guard; I snapped my head up in surprise.

"See you after lunch!" Mr. Lee said leaving the room.

The girl beside me chuckled at my action and left her seat.

That was embarrassing...

Most of the students ran out of the room also, screaming and shouting about what they wanted to eat for lunch. I just sat there until most of the commotion died down. I got up from my chair taking my book with me. I slowly walked away from my desk looking through 'My Husband' and reached the open door.

"Hey Ren!" the leader shouted, walking up to Ren who was still sitting at his desk.

I turned around curious about what was going on. Ren ignored him and got up from his seat. He was about to walk away, but the guy grabbed his shoulder.

"Where do you think you're going?" he smirked, yanking Ren to face him.

Ren didn't say anything and just stared at him, keeping a blank expression.

"Hey Jr!" the short haired guy called walking up to him.

His name is Jr? Senior would probably suit him better...I thought to myself, sneakily peeking over my book.

"What's up?" Jr asked, still looking at Ren.

"I see you've caught the little princess before she could escape." he laughed.

The other two guys slowly followed behind.

"I don't want you going anywhere. Understand." Jr threatened.

"You're going to eat lunch with us today." one of the other guys said, smirking evilly.

What's going on? I thought to myself, staring at the situation.

"Aron, grab his other arm." Jr ordered, turning around to face the short haired guy.

Ren pulled his shoulder out of Jr's grip and glared at him.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." he simply said walking towards the door.

That was smooth...

"Yah!" Jr yelled running after him.

Ren quickly glanced at me as he walked out of the class, causing me to swiftly look down at my book.

It's a weird thing to notice...but he has pretty eyes...I thought, knowing I was blushing.

Jr and the other three ran out and watched as Ren walk down the hallway putting his hands in his pocket.

Everyone in the hall watched the four guys, not including myself though. I was slowly backing away from them pretending to read 'My Husband'. Jr quickly turned to me snatching the book away from my hands.

What the?! I jumped at the sudden action.

"Seems like you're the new girl." Jr smirked, making all eyes crawl on me.

Hey! He took my book! I complained, and then noticed his grin. What's with that creepy smile?

"Yes I am..." I blankly stated.

"Check this out." Jr motioned, making the other three guys come closer.

"What?" Aron asked.

"What kind of book is this?" the other guy laughed, taking it from Jr's hand.

He showed it to the rest of them, they all chuckled at it.

...Are they seriously laughing at a book?

"Can I have it back?" I asked, trying not to lose my cool.

Jr took the book back, slowly turning to me with his creepy smile.

"Why should I give it back?" he questioned.

"Because I'm reading it..." I answered.

Jr and the others then laughed at me.

Damn it, these guys are pissing me off...and everyone's staring...great...why are they picking on me anyway?! What did I do?

"Sorry foreigner, but we're not giving it back." Jr finally said while walking passed me.

What the hell?!

"Jack ..." I mumbled as he walked by.

He froze in his place and slowly looked down at me, with an evil glare.

"What did you say?" he asked, with a scary deep tone.

I looked down at his hand that was holding my book and snatched it away hugging it to my chest.

"I didn't say anything." I answered walking off.

All of the guys looked at me dumfounded as I made my way down the hall.

"Y-yah! You little !" Jr yelled.

Dang it Hana, walk faster! I screamed in my head, leaving the building.

The hot sun hit my face as a warm breeze brushed by.

I think I'm going to go hide in the library...I thought to myself, nodding in agreement.

I walked down the same path as I did before then suddenly stopped.

It's...lunch...I pointed out. And the cafeteria is back in there...

I whimpered at the building then at my book.

I don't want to go back...those bullies are in there...

I began walking towards the library but stopped once I heard my stomach growl. I glanced back at the building then at my book again.

I'm hungry...but I don't want to see them again...No! Hana you must be strong! You go back in there and get something to eat!

I quickly made my way back to the building peeking inside. All the students in the hall were gone.

They're probably in the caf by now...I thought to myself walking in.

I hesitantly paced down the long hall, keeping my book to my chest. I passed each class room, looking inside to see if anyone was there. Luckily once I made it at the end of the hall, where the cafeteria was, I didn't see those four guys.

I sighed in relief letting out all my stress.

I slowly pulled the big doors opened. My eyes grew wide. The cafeteria was packed, packed I say! I could barely see my way through. I swallowed heavily; pushing passed the many people who I came across.

Oh my... I cried.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Third chapter complete!

So what do you think so far?

Please comment!! I love comments!!

-LonDon323