Hana Beaux

The Simplest of Things

  

  

 

My long enjoyable summer has finally come to an end and my new life is about to get started. Right when I entered this new place, with new people, and new surroundings. This is where everything changed.

I am a typical Canadian girl who moved with her father to Korea. I'm not the least bit Korean or any other type of Asian. My father is British and my mother was French.

The reason why my father and I moved to Korea is because of his career. Five years ago, my dad heard about this promotion that really took an interest in him, but he would have to move to Seoul Korea.

Since he always wanted to visit Korea one day, he really worked hard in getting the job. I thought he didn't need to get a new job. Why move? Our life was totally perfect already. We didn't need extra cash or anything. But as persistent as my father can be, he really worked hard for that position.

I never took him seriously until he started sending me to Korean classes. It was a long three years for me, but I met many new people.

Learning how to speak Korean was quite easy since I would practice with my dad at home, but reading was always a struggle. I don't know why, but I couldn't buy any Korean books at the library, they didn't have any...so I couldn't practice as much as I should have.

So after those long five years of working and preparing, my father finally got the promotion. I was really proud of him; he really showed a lot of effort. But I was sad that we were going to leave home. I loved everyone and everything there. I was really going to miss it.

We moved into our new condo at the begging of summer, which gave us a lot of time to get familiar with the area.

We went site seeing, and walked around the city talking and making ourselves friendly with the people around our house. It was really fun, until my father had to start work. His job began one month before school started, early mornings and late nights. Because he was never home, I was too afraid to leave our house thinking I would get lost. Every night when my dad would get back I would be bored to death.

He realized that if I ended up staying at the condo any longer, my time in Korea would be extremely miserable. That's when he got the idea to send be to a boarding school just out of the city. I thought that my dad was crazy, but after many conversations and bickering I came to a conclusion to try it out. I mean, why not? What do I have to lose?

So here I am, just outside the school gate, one hour early. This is where my life changed.

My name is Hana Beaux and this is how I met Choi Minki.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay...so this is...the first chapter...sorry it's short, but that last sentence is just perfect to end with! Please comment and subscribe! I will not let you down!

-LonDon323