The Break-up

Destined for Each Other

 

the italic phrase is what they are thinking.. just saying :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s POV

 

Dara and Jiyong arrive at the rest house drench with rain fall. All their friends, especially the girls except Chaerin, are just staring at them like observing what they will do. Dara who is aware of the awkward aura that is enveloping them feel uneasy, she wants to go to them but she can’t. But she feel like she need to talk to them and apologize from what happen. She was going to her friends when someone hold her arm.

 

 

“Dara, take a bath first before you catch a cold and take a rest. Let’s just talk this issue tomorrow” she looks at Jiyong and she saw in his eyes that like her he feel uneasy. She can’t do anything to oppose him for he was right.

 

 

Bom who is the bestfriend of Dara is thorn on what she will do. Then a smile form on her lips. What the hell I am thinking?! Of course, even though I am the bestfriend of Dara if I know she was wrong I’ll never go to her side but I know her, she didn’t do anything to hurt someone.

 

 

While Dara is facing Jiyong she felt herself being embrace in a tight hug.

 

 

“Dara-ah! Don’t do that again! We’re dead nervous thinking what happen to you!”

“I’m sorry Bommie” that’s all Dara can say for her voice is really worn-out.

“Where’s Seungri and Chae?” she ask in a low voice for she was shy to her friends. She doesn’t want them to think that she’s a after all the things that happen, she had a gut to ask where they are. Bom thought that Jiyong already told Dara his feelings and what happen to the forest the moment he found her.

“Don’t worry about them, just take a bath and I’ll prepare a hot chocolate for you. Arasso?” Bom who is very a nosy but a supportive friend can’t help but to smile in the silliness of her friend. She knows what Dara is thinking, that even though she is dead tired she wants to ask for the forgiveness of Chaerin.

“But…”

“Don’t but but me. Go to our room and take a bath. I’ll help you with Chaerin later”

“You heard Bommie, Dara. Let’s go to your room so you can rest now” before Dara can oppose, Jiyong already hold Dara’s arm and lead her to her room.

 

 

After Dara took a bath she reach for the bed and lay there. She is definitely dead tired, after the long walk and screaming, she can’t do anything but to lay in the bed and sleep.

 

 

Jiyong wonder why Dara isn’t going out in her room. Is she crying for what I did? He reach for the door knob but was distracted when someone speak.

 

 

“She’s sleeping, just please talk to Chaerin first. I am also concern to her and I don’t want my friends to be like this” it was Bommie who has a cup of hot chocolate in her hand, she didn’t get the chance to give it to Dara because she’s already sleeping when she enter the room. She’s heading to the kitchen when she notice Ji making his way to Dara’s room.

“I will but please don’t judge Dara like she’s the one who make this things complicated”

“Are you insane GD? Of course I never thought her like that, even our friends never think it that way. Their just sad that this is happening”

“I’m sorry” he can’t help but to feel sorry, this moment he feel like he’s really at fault why things get complicated. If only I didn’t blurted out my feelings towards Dara, maybe all of us our happy right now.

 

“Where’s Chae?” he ask Bom who is ready to go.

“She’s outside, the moment we got here until now she’s there. Tell her to sleep now, it’s already 1 and it’s really cold out there”

 

 

Jiyong didn’t utter a single word for he was ashamed of himself. How could he do that to Chae? Is he being selfish? Why would he hurt Chae when she’s been a good girlfriend to him? All these question are all running through his mind while going to Chae. What will I say to her when I see her? Hi? Wazzup? Argh!

 

 

He saw her just sitting in the bench outside his house. It is not raining anymore but it is dark.

 

 

“Chae” he said the moment he was beside her. He’s still standing while her gaze is at the beach. “Can I talk to you?” he wait for her to speak but she didn’t.

 

 

SILENCE

 

 

“Sit down if you want a talk” she break the silence that enveloping them. He sits beside her still contemplating how to start their conversation.

“Do you know what is on my mind right now?” she ask him calmly making him more uneasy. On the other hand, she was actually thankful on what Seungri told to her. She’s been thinking all he said and realized that somehow Seungri is right but she has a pride, she will not easily forgive and forget. She’s not hypocrite to tell them that she’s okay when in fact she’s not.

 

 

“I was really devastated when you turn your back on me when we were in the forest. I was stabbed directly to the heart when you said that you just like me and you love her. So it means in our 3 years you didn’t love me?” she bit her lip and look above to suppress the forming tear in her eyes, she don’t want him to look at her with pity. “I know deep down that you really don’t love me but saying those words in front of our friends, it is just unacceptable”

“I have no choice Chae. I just blurted out what’s really on my mind. I am not thinking straight when it happen, I just wish I didn’t say those words knowing you’ll be hurt” he said while he bow his head feeling down.

“But you did”

“Yeah I did”

“I guess this is the end for the both of us?” he look at her while she’s just looking in front of her.

“I guess so. But Chae please don’t get angry with Dara, if there’s someone who is at fault that would be me” she heave a deep sigh before she speak.

“Honestly awhile ago I am thinking on how to confront the both of you when I heard that both of you arrived” she wait for him to speak but he doesn’t, she continue. “I want to slap, scratch and shout you and her in the face and make your life be miserable” suddenly a chuckle escape in , that’s the time Ji can tell that Chae already forgive them even though she’s saying that she can't forgive them easily.

“But you didn’t”

“Yeah I didn’t”

“Wae?”

“Because between the two of you, Dara is more important to me. I realized that when I heard Bommie shout her name, I want to run to her and ask if she’s hurt or what. I want to hug her for I, myself, was also nervous in her whereabouts”

“Why you didn’t do that?”

“I guess my pride get in the way”

“I am very familiar with you and your pride” they begin to laugh. She look at him, she realized that in their 3 years this is the only time she saw him like this in front of her. Now you’re showing what’s the real you, GD, being carefree and happy. I guess it’s not bad having you by my side but this time not being my boyfriend.

“Let’s go inside, it’s late you must sleep now. And Bommie will kill me if I didn’t make you rest”

“Right, for tomorrow we’ll have to bond like nothing happened” then she face him. “But seriously GD, don’t expect me not to feel awkward in front of you and Dara”

“Don’t worry I am not forcing you to talk to us if you’re not comfortable. Knowing that you already forgive us makes me more contented”

“Who told you that I already forgave you?" She raise her left eyebrow while looking at him.

“Oh?! You didn’t? I thought you told me awhile ago”

“No, I don’t”

“Fine, just let’s go inside. I am now freezing”

“Goodnight GD” for the last time she tiptoed and peck him in the lips. He didn’t mind for he was thankful that Chae was once belong to him. After she kiss him, she begin to walk not minding if he was at her back or not.

“Night Chae” he said while she saw her going inside the house.

 

 

Starting tomorrow he will not hold back his feelings towards Dara. He will show her how much he loves her. For he was sure that he will fight for Dara no matter what.