Foxy Lady*

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What time is it now, Sunny?”

Her eyes almost bulged out of shock when she saw Donghae at the gate.  This is bad.  “8:25,” she answered cautiously and faked a smile.  Sungmin-ssi, what are you still doing there?  Go now!  She can only hope that he can read her mind before Donghae asks who’s inside the car.

“Who drove you home?”

Uh-oh…

She quickly went inside Sungmin’s car again and locked it.  The guy was startled at what she did.

“No matter what happens, don’t come out of the car—” She almost leaped from her seat when Donghae began banging the tinted window.  “Sunny, get outta there!”

Oh Dear God, what is she going to do?

“Who is that?”  Worry was written on Sungmin’s face.  “Are you in trouble?”

“No.  That’s my cousin,” she faked a laugh but it sounded weary.  He won’t believe her.  “J-just do what I said.  Don’t come out.  I can handle him.  Bye and thanks for the ride.”

Time to confront Donghae.  “Is that your boyfriend inside—?”

“No.”  She frantically shook her head.  “Come on, let’s go inside.”

“Wait—I still have to talk to that person.  I need to thank—”

“I already did it.”  Sungmin, please leave now.

“You’re hiding something, Shorty.”  He stared at her suspiciously with his furrowed brows.  “Sungmin’s inside there, right?”

“Yeah.  Do you need something from me, Dude?”

Sungmin was already standing beside his car.  These guys are both hard-headed.  Why can’t they listen to her?  She made faces to Donghae trying to tell him to stop whatever he plans to do, since her back was facing Sungmin.  She’ll be in big trouble if he embarrasses her in front of him.  But to her dismay, Donghae only smirked.

“None,” he said with a voice void of any emotions.  “I’m just making sure that the ‘boyfriend’ takes care of my cousin well.”

Sunny gasped while Sungmin was momentarily perplexed.  Did this guy think he and Sunny has an affair?  He didn’t like the arrogance in his tone.  He should teach him a lesson.  But Sunny glanced at him with an apologetic look—and seemed so helpless.

“Her safety is my responsibility when she’s away from home, Mister—”

“Lee Donghae.”

“Donghae-ssi…I’m a good ‘boyfriend’ so you won’t have a problem with me.”  He suddenly pulled her closer to him.

When did he get here?  She was too busy calming her heart to not notice him walk beside her.  And did he just call himself her boyfriend?  I didn’t even—

“Sica told me to help you,” he whispered.

Then she felt his lips slightly brush against her cheeks—making her shiver.  “Call you later, Jagi—” Her heart went on an overdrive.  She was too stunned to move.  “Sweet dreams.”  He waved at her before going to the driver’s side.  She waited for him to leave before entering their house—with Donghae trailing behind her.

“Is that your boyfriend?  He seems so girly—”

“He’s not, okay?  He even knows martial arts.”

“I play tennis.”

“He’s kind and you’re a jerk.”

“Ouch, Shorty.  Is that how you welcome your cousin back home?” he pouted.

 

 

 

 

The next day…

 

“Where are you, Jessica?”

She has put on her earphones which were connected to her iPhone when Sunny called.  It was easier to talk to her that way while reading a manga.  That time, she was at Kona Beans, taking a break from her work—as photojournalist.  “Kona Beans.”

“Damn you, Jessica.”  Sunny failed to control her words on the phone.  Yet it has no effect on Jessica.  She barely paid attention to what she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter