A day in Everland*

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica sat stiff, like a statue, in front of her Dad, Donghae and Park Eunji.  She can’t even look at them in the eye.  Her heart was on its mad rush because of nervousness.  Her self-esteem went down to level zero as Eunji stared at her or more like—glowered at her.

“Uncle, aren’t we supposed to throw a welcome back party for Jessica?” Eunji smirked after speaking.

Jessica shivered.  Was she the only one who could feel the evil aura emitting from her?  Donghae and her dad were oblivious of the tension building up in the room.

“There’s no need for that.  Sica’s working for the Lee’s now, Eunji.  I think she’s doing well there. They only came here to pay me a visit,” Mr. Jung explained.

“But Sica deserves it and our employees actually missed her a lot too.  Heaven knows how much they wanted to see her back in the company.”

Heck!  She was faking her emotions in front of her dad.

Has anyone mentioned to you that she’s Sungmin’s ex-girlfriend?  It’s disgusting to think that her Oppa had a past with this girl who had an OCD.  What she’s ashamed more of is that she is her cousin—her mom’s niece.

Ugh!  If she wanted to change something, that would be being related to Park Eunji by blood.  They never get along well.  Eunji loathed her.  It was sickening that she always wanted to compete with her…always wanted to have everything she had.

She was a social climber and has the mentality of a crab.  Their family was just the average type—not as well-off as the Jung’s.  This was the reason, Jessica thought, which made Eunji envy her.

She blamed her for her and Sungmin’s break up and in order to get back at her—she made her stay at the Jung Corporation a living hell.  Since Jessica was just a trainee that time and Eunji was already one of the managers, she had more power.  She did every sinister plan to kick her out.

“Why isn’t Sungmin with you?  That guy always follows you around.”

That’s it!  She can’t take it anymore.  “He’s out of the country,” she said blandly.

“Isn’t he not gonna get mad that you introduced a guy to our family?”

Calm your nerves, Jessica.  Never stoop down to her level by arguing with her.  “There’s nothing wrong with it,” she said coolly, chin up.

“Oh—you’re dating him?”

Aish.  She never failed to make her blood boil.  Donghae was already giving her a questioning look.

“It’s none of your business if I’m with him, Unnie,” she gritted her teeth.

 

 

 

 

“Psst!”

Donghae peeked at Jessica from his desk.  Today was another boring day.  The month end reports were signed last time so now they’re free.

“Psst!” he called her again.

“What?”  She was trying to take a nap here but he was such an attention seeker.

“I am bored,” he frowned childishly.  She rolled her eyes.  He is so annoying.

“Then do something.”

“There’s nothing else to do here.  Let’s go out.”

She took a moment to think about his suggestion—a not so bad idea to kill time.  “To where?”

“Hmmm…”  But—he doesn’t know where.  “Zoo?”  That idea just popped in his head at the spur of the moment.  Or were his brain cells malfunctioning?  What are they going to do there—seriously?  What is he?  Kid?  “Because malls and parks are too…mainstream?”

Jessica can only stare at him.  They had a mini staring contest until she agreed to his childish whims.  She had no choice anyway.  She wanted to escape boredom too.  “Whose car are we using?  Yours or mine?—on second thought, you drive, Sajangnim.  It’s your idea to go there.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter