The Perfect Time*

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

∞ ∞ ∞

"No Hitler can stop her from falling deeply in love with the person who gave her strength."

∞ ∞ ∞

 

“Where did you get those popcorns?” Jessica exclaimed while staring at him in disbelief.

Donghae munched a few pieces before answering her.  “I’ve brought it…from home.”  That explains it.  Where else would it come from?  There were no vendors and food stalls allowed outside.  This sneaky guy is just lucky not to be caught eating.  “Want some?” he offered.

“No thanks—but don’t forget the reason why we’re here, Sajangnim—to cheer for my sister.”

“You dragged me to come here,” he replied with a blank face.  “And geez.  I’m famished.”

Her brows twitched.  She hates the way he’s acting again.  Aish this bipolar jerk.  One minute he’s caring, and then, he’d be a douchebag.  “Who volunteered to become my driver anyway—”

A gasp escaped from her lips when he inched towards her.  “Are we going to watch or let’s leave this instant?” he warned her.

Her surroundings became quiet as she stared back at his smoldering gaze.  Only she could hear the loud rambling of her heart.  It went crazier when he smirked at her.

“Guys, don’t forget that we’re still here,” Kyuhyun said beside Donghae.

Right then, Jessica got her senses back and abruptly pushed Donghae away.  “F-fine.  I’ll shut up.”  She scowled at him before looking away.  Maybe, she should build tougher walls around her heart.  Donghae spells trouble.  His charms are dangerous and it was seriously breaking off her guards down. She can’t let that happen further.  She won’t lose to this playboy no matter how intoxicating his kisses were. 

What the hell.  You liked it? A part of her mind screamed.  “Urgh!  Take this!” she gave the banner to him to brush off the ugly thought lurking in her mind.  “Start cheering for my sister.”  She faced Kyuhyun and Yoona.  “You two!  She is—that one with a gorgeous kid beside her,” she pointed at where Krystal and Kai stood.

“Whoa—yeppuda!” Yoona was all-smiles while praising Krystal.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun burst out laughing before placing his arms around Yoona’s shoulders.  Jessica gave them an inquisitive look.  Pssh.  Since when did these two made up?

“Funny how my baby slightly resembles your sister, Jessica-ssi.”

Baby?!

“I told you before, I am their lost sister,” Yoona uttered.  The sadness Jessica once saw in her eyes completely vanished.  “You—got back together—when?”

“We’ll tell you next time, unnie.  For now, let’s start cheering for your sister.  She looks so down.”

 

 

 

 

{A/N: Start playing these songs from here: More Painful than Pain/Don't Go}

 

D-day.

 

Krystal blankly stared at her reflection.  The girl in the mirror looked physically fine.  However, she was feeling empty deep inside.  No matter how she gave herself a mental fist pump of encouragement, she was not okay.  Her emotions were in a mess.

“Krystal.  Come out now.  Your friends are here.”

There were a few knocks on the door before she decided to go out of her dressing room.

“Finally.  The princess is here.”  It was Amber.

Yeah—she was dressed like the Swan Lake Princess for the competition.  Her friends including her mom circled around her.  “Don’t get nervous, Baby.  We’re right here for you,” Mrs. Jung told her daughter while patting her cheeks.

She nodded.  At least, her anxiety was lessened…a bit.

“C-can I borrow her for a while?” Sulli asked out of the blue.

A strange hush travelled between them when Amber and her mom left.  All Krystal could do was to stare at Sulli.  And by doing so, she felt her courage escape from her.  “Sulli-ah.  Mian—”

“Don’t be sorry,” Sulli cut her off with a faint smile.  “I should be thankful to you instead, because even if I snapped at you—that time—you still cared for me.  You chose our friendship over giving Kai a chance—you didn’t have to do that—” Tears trickled down her cheeks.  “But thank you so much, b-best friend.”

That’s it.  Krystal was unable to hold her tears anymore too.  “I won’t trade our friendship for anything else in this world.  I would always choose you—”

“Y-yah!  Uljima—or you’ll ruin your make up, silly.”  She wiped her friend’s tears.

“I thought you were angry at me,” she frowned.

Sulli comforted her with a warm hug.  “Never did I.  Of course—I was hurt—but I can do nothing to change Kai’s feelings—Oh!  Enough of that!  You have to win this game with him, okay?”  She let her go and began to look around.  “By the way—I don’t see the smart hottie.  Did you tell him to come?”

A lump got stuck on causing her to stutter.  “H-he’s not coming.”  She looked away to hide the tears that formed in her eyes again.  This is why she’s feeling so empty.  How could she perform well today if her inspiration is not around?  How about their deal—ugh—screw it!  She just wanted to see him now.

“Krystal, if you’re ready, Coach and I are just right there.”  Kai appeared out of nowhere, startling the girls.  “We’re the last to perform in the line-up so you can still hang out with your friends,” he told her and gave Sulli a quick sideway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter