Guilt-ridden*

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ailee - Ice Flower

 

Practicing became very awkward between Kai and Krystal before the day of the competition.  She doesn’t know how to deal with him after rejecting his confession.  Needless to say, it was affecting their performance.  They lacked focus so Coach Yuna scolded them.

It was difficult, alright.  Kai’s heart breaks every second.  He had to act cool—like nothing occurred.  Mastering it was a piece of cake.  He can set aside such painful memory during practice however Krystal can’t.  It affected her badly, she can’t concentrate.  Never did she feel very conscientious and guilty in her life.

“Jung Krystal!  Get your head on the routine!” Coach Yuna screamed from her spot.  “What is happening to you?  You were completely fine days ago.”

“I’m sorry, Coach.”  She kept her head down.

“Don’t slack off now that tomorrow’s the game.  You can’t win with this kind of performance you’re showing.”

“I’ll try my best on the Olympics—”

“No—you must give your utmost best—now, too.  Ugh!  This is why I hate it when you skip practice.”

“She was sick the other day, Coach—she had to go home early,” Kai defended her causing Krystal to stifle a gasp.  She stiffened when he glanced at her, flashing a weak smile.  Why is he doing this?  “Actually—I told her to take a rest.”

Aniyo!  Kai, stop this!  But she didn’t say it out loud.  She can’t.  Her eyes were turning misty as he masochistically covered up for her.

“Fine!” Coach Yuna seemed convinced.  “Just don’t lose your focus.  You may continue,” she dismissed them.

“Kai.”  Pain resonated in her voice as she called him.  “You didn’t have to do that. I—”

“Sshh—” he placed a finger on her lips to silence her. He smiled sadly.  “Let’s just work out on our routine.  Come on.”

Krystal wanted to tear up.  Guilt totally washed over her.  Obviously, Kai was pretending to be okay.  “I am so sorry, Kai—”

“Don’t say it, Krystal.  I am not asking you to reciprocate my feelings.  All I wanted is for you to know that I like you.”

She caught a tear trickle down on his cheek before he brushed it away.  She was really hurting him.  How could she?

“From now on, forget what I said.  We had to show our friends that we’d be the champion.  For sure, they’ll be there cheering for us—”

“S-Sehun said he might not come,” she mumbled.

Kai gaped at her.  A lot of emotions swirled inside him because of what she said.

It was Sehun again.  Always him.  She only talks about Sehun.  What had Sehun turned her into?  Had he trusted him too much?  Should he regret asking him to be nice to her?

Krystal was undoubtedly falling for another guy.  He could see that.  Yes, he joined the figure skating competition to be close to her and yet she only drifted away.

Fate was too cruel to him.  Why his best friend?  Of all people…

 

 

 

 

Problems are inevitably part of our daily living.  And if there’s anybody who can prove such can grow exponentially, that would be Jessica.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter