His Worst Failure*

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Will you stop sulking in my office, you creep?”

Kyuhyun only scowled at Donghae’s complaint.  His facial expression was indescribable that no one can decipher his true feelings.  However, Donghae was able to sympathize with him.  The younger guy was utterly lovesick.  But to whom?

That he needs to find out…

“You know, you can confide your secrets to hyung, Kyuhyun-ah.  I am your best friend after all,” he tried to console him.  For his friends, he could be a nice guy but rarely though.

He wanted him to talk but he spaced out suddenly.  His cocked brows proved it.  Hence, Donghae busied himself with shredding papers.  He had asked the utility personnel to bring the machine here.

“How are guys supposed to court girls?” he spelled out his thought bringing Kyuhyun back to his senses.  The latter smirked as an evil genius idea popped in his mind.  “Wear glasses.”

“I am using one today.”

“No, hyung, frequently.”

“Arasso.  What else?”

“Hmmm….” he rubbed his chin.  “Ask her out in tennis tournaments or maybe…watch anime together.”  His grin was getting wider as Donghae nodded and accepted his suggestions, absentmindedly.  “Especially The Prince of Tennis.”

What a dummy.  He was unaware that he’s pointing out on a particular girl.

“Do you think she’ll like it?” he spoke like an inexperienced lad who’s taking up How to Court a Girl 101A.  Girls were those who chased after him that’s why he hasn’t tried sweeping off their feet yet.

“Don’t you want to give the extraordinary for your girl?”

“I—” he gaped at him.  “How did you know such things?—is there something I need to know, Cho Kyuhyun?”  His eyes squinted, telling him to start explaining.

“Huh?” he was caught off-guard.  Now what?

“Some friend you are keeping secrets from me.  C’mon, spill it, Bro.”

“Uh—ah—hmmm.”  Shoot.  I’m dead.  “Well—I—I had a girlfriend.”

“Okay,” he responded without even contemplating on what he said.  He busied himself with feeding the shredder with more sheets of paper.

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was bewildered.  He expected a violent reaction from him.  “That’s it?  You’re not mad at me, Hyung?”

“Why would I?”

ASDFGHJKL; DUMB.

He stared at him…weirdly.

“So what if you had a girlfriend—I had mine too—” he paused.  “WHAT?  HOW? WHEN? HOW COULD I NOT BE AWARE OF IT, CHO KYUHYUN?!”

 

Flashback…

 

The annual Search for Miss Seoul Arts University is one of the biggest projects of the student council.  As an officer, Kyuhyun can sneak in and out of the backstage.  He looked for Yoona in her dressing room to wish her good luck in the competition.

“Oppa?  What’re you doing here?”

Rather than Yoona being surprised to see him in her doorsteps, he was awestruck more.

She was wearing a red long gown and her hair cascaded down her shoulders.  Simple yet elegantly beautiful, that was her.  He gulped.  How lucky was he to have her?  “I had to see you first—like literally?”

She laughed when he wriggled his brows and grinned.  She found it hilarious that he had to kiss her cheek to shut her up.  “I mean it, Baby,” he said seriously in a sweet tone.  “Win it.  Show them the best that you’ve got.”

She nodded.

“Hwaiting!”

And so, Yoona was crowned as the winner.  Kyuhyun was so proud of her.  “THAT’S MY GIRLFRIEND!  YOU DID IT, BABY!” he shouted shamelessly during the awarding.  He even got loud cheers from the audience because of it.

Everyone in the university knows about their relationship.  They’re the perfect couple.  He was hers and she was his, exclusively.  Since God knows when.  They always support each other’s endeavors, not only as lovers, but also best friends for life.

He fetched her at the backstage for he’ll be driving her home.  As they were walking to the parking lot, he told her to take off her shoes.

She thought he’ll give him a piggy back ride so she refused it.  “I’m not gonna let you carry me, Oppa.  You’re dead tired too…”

Much to her shock, he removed his rubber shoes.  “Here.  Wear my sneakers and give me your heels.”

“M-mworago?”  Her eyes widened.  “How about you, Oppa?  You’ll use my pumps?”

“Of course not, silly,” he flicked her forehead playfully and kissed it when she pouted.  “I brought my slippers.  Your feet needs to rest from walking and standing in the stage for 3 hours.”

“Awww,” she cooed before smiling at him.  “I’m so touched, Oppa.” 

Having him was the greatest prize she had received, better than crowns and titles.  He had his unique ways to show his affection to her.  Even if it’s just a simple gesture of love, it makes her heart flutter.  She won’t ever let him go come what may.  He’s the one for her, her true love—and she’s lucky she’s with him.

 

 

 

 

Match made in heaven.  Mr. Perfect.  Dream Girl.

That’s how people called the KyuNa couple.  They envied their long-time unbreakable relationship.  And because of the pageant, they’ve become the hottest topic in the campus.  Other students gossiped about them.  Often times, they would simply ignore it but today, Kyuhyun was all ears to the rumors spreading like wild fire.

“Did you hear it?  The director of Models 1 came here yesterday,” one of the cheerleaders said.

“The famous modeling agency in London?” the other replied.

“Yes that!  I overheard from the teachers that they’re scouting for new Asian models in our school.”

“Really?  Omona!  I’m going to audition for it—”

“Dream on, Girl!  They’re already taking Im Yoona after graduation.”

After graduation? He repeated in his mind while walking away from his hiding place.  Why didn’t he know about that?  She hasn’t mentioned it to him yet.  And it’s in Europe, goodness gracious…  Is she leaving him here in Korea?  How about the surprise he prepared for her after their commencement exercises?  He can’t fail on it.

 

 

 

 

That gossip bugged his system the following days.  He had sleepless nights thinking about it.  He waited for her to tell it to him because he didn’t want to confront her suddenly.

Days and weeks passed but Yoona had said nothing to him yet.  Hence, he assumed that those were merely rumors.

“Oppa, what business will you be handling once we graduate?” she asked out o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter