Donghae's Rules*

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few days ago…

 

A smile curved up on Sunny’s lips as she stared at Sungmin’s picture.  She won’t be able to see him for a month, so, she brought some of her collections with her.

“Hello, handsome—”

“Hi!  Can I sit here?”

When she turned to the person who spoke, she came face-to-face with a good-looking guy.  Her breath hitched and her heart went on an overdrive.  “W-what are you doing here, Sungmin-oppa?” she stealthily hid his photo on the magazine that her hand managed to grab from somewhere—hoping she won’t be caught.

“My plane ticket says that this is where I should sit.”  He pointed at the space beside her then to the seat number on the ticket.  “Whether you like it or not, I’m going to stay here.”

She blinked twice—no, thrice…and let out an awkward laugh.  “No.  It’s okay,” she said.  “I was just surprised to see you here.”  Really surprised.  She tried so hard to contain her squeals of excitement—because goodness—she was only staring at his picture, yet now, he’s really here with her.

“If you’re wondering why I’m here, I’ve got a photo-shoot to do in Japan,” he replied.  “Where are you going to stay there?”

“Uh—probably, at some hotel.”  She scratched her nape while thinking.  “I’ll just decide where to check in when I get there.”

Sungmin smiled.  “Well—our family owns a house in Tokyo.  You can stay there and save your money for shopping.”

What good things did she do to deserve this?  She accepted his offer wholeheartedly.  She’ll be with him for two weeks.  Oh my God!  Her heart was rejoicing.  It thumped loudly that she’s afraid he might hear it. 

She still wanted to chat with him but her lids became heavy.  She, suddenly, felt exhausted and craved for sleep.  He noticed her yawns and told her to take a nap and that he won’t mind. 

“Can I borrow your magazine?”

She nodded before totally dozing off.  While she drifted to dreamland, he has put on his earphones and began to read GEMS.  It was the magazine that Tiffany owns and he always liked a certain section of it.

Tiffany would always choose an unusual photograph and publish it on the magazine—a whole page for it.  He flipped through its glossy papers until he saw it.

He almost burst out laughing when he saw a drenched business man on the fountain—and it was Donghae.  Covering his mouth didn’t help him conceal his laughter.  Luckily, Sunny was fast asleep.

Did she know that her cousin has been featured in the mag?

The picture was captioned: swimming in broad daylight.  He laughed again.  The photographer was such a prankster, whoever he or she is.

“And did Donghae even know about this?”  No.  He seemed not.  His expression was a mixture of anger and irritation.

He better ask Jessica about this.  She and Tiffany are friends so she might know who owns this picture.

Poor Donghae.  What would he say when he sees this?

 

 

 

 

Present

 

Sunny adjusted her scarf and jacket.  It was surprisingly cold in Tokyo today.  She and Sungmin arrived two days ago.  She was out to take a morning walk.  The view outside the Lee’s house-slash-mansion was as breathtaking as the interior of the house.

She couldn’t wait for Sungmin to tour her around.  But he was still sleeping.  It would be lovelier if they’re together.

However, the Sakura Garden was enticing.  She didn’t regret coming here.  She took several shots of the cherry blossom trees through her phone until Jessica’s name flashed on the screen.

She called to tell her that her grandma chose her to be Donghae’s adviser.  Frustration was audible in her tone and she can’t keep herself from imagining her face.  The image that appeared in her mind was hilarious.

“Tell me that I’m stupid.”

She cracked up.

Like her, Jessica also wanted to be free from Lee & Co. but it so happens that she’s luckier this time.

“What’s his name again?”

“Lee Donghae,” she said his full name but she didn’t get it clearly.

“Dong—what?”

“D-O-N-G-H-A-E”

“Donghae?  As in East Sea?”

She laughed more but was cut off when she heard the busy tone.  She had hung up on her.  How rude.  But whatever… it’s none of her concern to ask why Jessica did that.

She saw Sungmin approaching her—holding two cups of coffee and a white dog walking with him.

“Hey!” he greeted and gave her the hot drink.  The dog also barked at her, saying his/her hi, too.  “Her name is Kerry.  She’s a Japanese Spitz.”

Sunny scooted down to the level of the canine.  “How are you doing, Kerry?”  She woofed once more before her cheek and it made her chuckle.  “She likes me.”

“Kerry, particularly, loves nice people.”  His eyes were sparkling as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter