Trapped

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you, two, so serious this happy morning?” a voice chirped out of nowhere while Donghae was glancing up to the sky and Jessica was watching him.

Both of them stared at the person with mouths open.  They were too shocked to react.

“What?—did I interrupt something?”  That person gave them a bewildered look, which turned into a sad face.  “You, guys, disappoint me.  Don’t you miss me?”

“SUNNY!”  “SHORTY!”  They shouted in chorus.

She beamed.  “I’m back.”  Jessica dashed towards her and hugged her tight.  “Oh my God!  I miss you so much, girl,” she said while laughing.

Sunny pulled away to talk to her cousin.  “No hugs from you, Oppa?”  She pursed her lips.

“I thought you’ll be back in two weeks,” Donghae stated bluntly.  He ignored Jessica’s intense glare.  Isn’t she happy that Sunny returned? She thought.

“I decided to come back here the soonest.  Why do I feel like you don’t want me here anymore?”

“Good guess—err—no!  It’s not like that.”  He took his words back and began to explain when his cousin frowned.  That alarmed Donghae.  He’s doomed once she tells this to their grandmother.  “You should’ve called me so I could fetch you in the airport.  Not like this—appearing suddenly.”

“Because it’s a surprise!  And besides, you’re here in Nami Island to reenact Winter Sonata with Jessica.  I don’t’ want to disturb you,” she giggled, teasing them.

“Oh please, Sunny, stop that,” Jessica snapped as she rolled her eyes.  “We’re here for business and business alone.  So, where is Sungmin-oppa?  Did he go home with you?”

Suddenly, words felt stuck in the latter’s throat.  She tensed.  She didn’t foresee that question coming.  “I d-don’t know,” she stammered.  “We parted ways at China.  I have no idea about where he is…” Her voice trailed off as she looked down to her feet.

Jessica gave that sort of disappointed look knowing that her friend hasn’t returned yet.  On the other hand, Donghae felt a weird emotion pressing down on his chest as he looked at Jessica’s contorted face.  How did she know Sungmin?

“He is the best-est friend I have,” Jessica said proudly, “and Sunny’s boyfriend.”

His brows met.  Is she a mind reader?  Or did he just voice out his thoughts?

He breaks into an embarrassed chortle, then.  Somehow, he was envious that both girls liked the same guy in different ways.  Whenever he hears Sungmin’s name, it sounded like competition to him.  He seemed special.

What’s with that guy that I don’t have?

Christ.  Is he falling harder for her?

 

 

Nothing can be talked over a cup of tea.  Donghae, Sunny and Jessica almost tackled every subject they know while killing time at the café.  Sunny wondered if her cousin and her friend compromised because Jessica didn’t act like how she hated him before.  Donghae, too, was avoiding the girls who tried to flirt with him.

She even noticed his secret glances at her, when he knows Jessica wasn’t looking.  Sneaky.  “She’ll melt if you don’t stop staring at her,” she whispered to and making his face red.  Once he scowled at her, she gave him a knowing smile.  He was like a deer caught in the head light.

She mentally congratulated herself for successfully making him blush.

“People?  I’m still here.  Mind sharing what you were talking about?”  Jessica was irritated that she was left out in their conversation.

“It’s nothing that concerns you,” replied Donghae.

“Chinchayo?” Her brows arched.  “Okay.  I just want to make sure it isn't really me.”

“Why would it be you?” he retorted.

“Who knows if you are lying?”

“Y-you are saying that I'm a liar?”

“If not, then why are you stuttering?”

Sunny was amused at their childish bantering.  If they could only pull the right strings together, they can turn things in order even if they started off at the wrong note.  They seemed to be the typical pair with the love-hate relationship at the beginning.

“Having fun kids?”

Sunny froze when Eunji joined them in their table.  What on earth?!  Donghae and Jessica quieted down too.  Guessing from the atmosphere, they didn't want her here.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter