Falling Slowly Maybe

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica had lost her appetite even before the waiter served their meal.  The dish was delectable but it became unenticing in her mind.  Eunji’s mere presence annoyed her taste buds.

“This was put on my tab, Jessica.  Don’t waste my money.  Eat,” Donghae said coldly, unaware of the crackling tension between the cousins.

“I’m still full,” she lied even if her stomach was growling in reality.  “I’ll just have heavy meal for dinner.”

“Such a waste of food,” Eunji commented.

She should be saying that to Donghae.  He ordered almost everything listed on the menu.  “At least, I am not eating grasses,” she mocked her cousin quietly.

“Mworago?”  Oops.  She heard it slightly.

“I mean—the salad you’re eating seemed good.  It’ll make you look like a co—”

Jessica didn’t finish her sentence because Donghae fed her a mouthful of bulgogi.  He only grinned when she scowled at him.  In return, she kicked his shin under the table—successfully wiping off his smug.

“Aww—” he groaned and she grabbed this opportunity to shove ddokboki in his mouth.

“Maa?” she beamed, faking it actually.  His face heat up like a tomato because of the spiciness and hotness of the rice cakes.  She was laughing deep inside because his expression was hilarious.

However, the pseudo romantic atmosphere was ruined by Eunji.  “Where are your manners?  No hanky-panky-ing while we’re in front of the food.”  She assumed that she and Donghae were really dating. 

Aish.  That’s the least thing Jessica would do in her lifetime.  She clenched her fists under the table.  She can’t stand being with her cousin.  Eunji only thought bad things about her.  It is so disgusting.

“If you’ll excuse me, I need to go to the washroom.”

When Eunji left, Jessica heaved the deepest sigh.

“You’ll be sleeping in the same room with Eunji-ssi, by the way,” Donghae told her that added up to her irritation.

“NO WAY!”  Her eyes popped in shock.        

“Yes way.”

 

 

Night came on that day.  Jessica was really exhausted and sleepy yet she was still standing outside the room she’s sharing with Eunji.  If Donghae had informed her earlier, she could’ve gotten another room.  However, all suites were already occupied.

She was stuck with her evil cousin.  How could she sleep soundly tonight?  She didn’t want to breathe the same air as her.

She looked at the door of Donghae’s room.  There’s 0.01% chance that he’ll let her in for the night; but that means her lying on the couch.  Indeed, it’s a better choice than being with Eunji because it’s plain torture.

Donghae is a guy.

“I’m safer with him…than her,” she debated with herself.

He’s a jerk.

“I can handle him.”

Donghae won’t kill her and Eunji can.  Thus, after a few minutes of contemplation, Jessica rang the doorbell in Donghae’s suite.

“What do you want?” he welcomed her in an exasperated tone.  He was annoyed that she interrupted her sleep.

“I’ll be staying here tonight.”  She marched towards the bed and took a pillow, then proceeded to the not-so lengthy sofa.

Donghae was taken aback.  His tired eyes widened.  His soul was awakened immediately.  “You can’t!” he shouted.  “You know what type of guy I am.  For Pete’s sake, Jung Jessica!  Are you using your head?”

“So?” she deadpanned and closed her eyes, ignoring his rants.  “There’s a monster in the other room.  And it’s snoring too loud, I can’t sleep.  I wake up every time it growls…”

That was the most childish story she ever made up.  Nevertheless, Donghae allowed her to stay.  He wasn’t numb to not n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter