Lovers in China*

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny’s vacation in Japan was pure bliss.  It was definitely the best week in her whole existence on Earth because she spent a really great time with Sungmin in Tokyo. That was enough for her and she should be going to China soon.

Her luggage was all set and she’s just waiting for him to drive her to the airport.  While doing so, she gave his house one last look—memorizing every corner on which she had created wonderful memories with him…memories that coaxed a smile on her face.  Those are now a part of her—including Kerry.  She would miss playing with her.

“Are you ready?” came Sungmin from the stairs.  She nodded in response.  He helped her carry her things to his car trunk.  He asked her again, “is everything here?  You might’ve forgotten something inside.”  He smiled and that somehow eased the burning sensation she has on her chest.

Aigoo.  She’s going to miss him…really.  God knows how much she’s keeping herself from crying at the moment.  Being separated from him is the worst feeling ever.  It was like being away from her soul, her life…and her heart.  If only she need not go to China, she’d stay here with him.

She’d grown to love him more every second each day.  It wasn’t hard because he is nice and likeable in so many ways.

Lord…can you hear me?

She was dying inside and only faked a happy façade because she’s inside his car.  She didn’t want him to notice her wallowing silently.

Can you—please—stop the time…Or maybe, slow it down…I still want to be with him.

She was being selfish but isn’t it that those who are infected with the love bug would do the same thing as her?  She was already used to having him beside her, to seeing him first thing in the morning and last before she sleeps.

Can somebody just teach her how to not miss him?

“We’re here,” Sungmin said.  “You seem like you don’t want to leave yet,” he pointed out—a matter of fact.

Aish!  She hissed on her mind.  Can she just not go—?

 

 

 

 

“Master Lee.”

A guy who appeared to be a butler approached Sungmin and they talked giving Sunny a chance to scrutinize her surroundings.  Private jets are lined up on the wide cemented area.  They’re still on the airport, though not the domestic one.

“Maldo andwae (No way)…” she mumbled.  She had an intuition about what’s going on and what’s about to happen.  That caused her heart to somersault.

“Kaja!”  Sungmin said happily and guided here to one of the jets.  Meanwhile, the butler took care of her luggage, so she’s now confused.

“Where are you taking me, Oppa?  I still have to go to China.”

“We are going to China,” he replied.

“We—what?” she stalled and gave him a shocked expression which Sungmin responded with an eye-blinding grin.

“We—as in YOU and I—to China—using our planes,” he made those unusually funny pauses to emphasize every phrase.

Sunny could only gape at him.  His words echoed repeatedly in her head.

Our planes…

Our planes…

Using our planes…

Darn.  Why is she slow on picking up things?  And worse, the only word that came out of was, “Huh?” 

Sungmin’s smile, however, faltered because of her reaction.  Was she not amazed?  Is she disappointed or angry about what he did?  “Wae?  D-don’t you like my surprise—is it not…” believable that I am capable of doing this for you?  He felt so small and embarrassed.  His efforts—were it all wasted?

“You are this……rich?” Sunny blurted out, absent-mindedly.

“…”

AWKWARD.  They only stared at each other—but it was Sunny who kept the ball rolling.  “Are all these yours?”  She was unaware that she was showing off a puppy look which lightened up the atmosphere.

“Not really.”  There.  His lips began to curl up again as he watched her cute reaction.  “My dad has shares of stocks in this company and we happen to own 2-3 planes here.”

“WOOOW DAEBAK!”

Aside from the studio, his condo unit, their company, these jets, what else do they have?  She’s learning more than what she needed to know about him.

“I have enough money to join you in your Asia Tour.  And I’m guessing that you still have no plans o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter