Going Back

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap:  Sunny surprised Donghae and Jessica by her arrival at Nami Island.  The other girl asked where Sungmin was, since she knew they were together in China, but she told her had no idea of his whereabouts.  On the other hand, Kai and Sulli was locked up accidentally in the storage room.  And the worst part was, she was sick…

 

Yesterday evening, Kai and Sulli were locked up in the storage room.  To make things worse, he found out that she had a fever and had collapsed.   He can do nothing but to wrap her in his coat and in his embrace because she was shivering.

The clock ticked by and her temperature began to rise.  He was slowly losing hope when the door opened.  It was his and Sulli's parents who arrived.  They were able to track their location, thanks to his phone's GPS.  He told the Choi's about her condition, and so they brought her to the hospital.  Meanwhile, the Kim's went home after Kai narrated the happenings.  He can't sleep that night because she was bugging his mind.  He was seriously worried.

The next day, he didn't see her in class.  Should I go visit her?  But I don't know which hospital she was admitted to— Wait.  Why was he even thinking about it?  He had gone nuts.

“Hey, Kai!  You okay, Dude?” asked Sehun worriedly.

Since their teacher wasn't there yet, he left his seat and went to his friend with a blank face.

“Had a rough day, yesterday?” Sehun inquired again.

“Yeah,” he sighed.  'Urgh!'  He doesn't like the nagging feeling building up on his chest.

“Oi, Kai!”  It was Krystal.  “Before I forget it, I went to the hospital early this morning and Sulli told me to give you these because she can't come.”  She handed him a folder and a notebook.  “You can read her notes.  It might help you in studying our lessons.  I guarantee you it's easy to understand.”

Kai was dumbstruck.  Though he looked calm, he was raging inside, especially his conscience.  You are partly to be blamed on the incident.  If it weren't for your stupidity, you won't be stuck there and she can go home early to rest.

He clutched his chest that suddenly ached.  Sehun and Krystal were bickering as usual.  Maybe in another situation, Kai would've been jealous.  But now, he was more bothered about Sulli.
“In which hospital can I find her, Krystal?” he blurted out, startling the two.

“SNU Hospital,” she replied.  “Great!  If you're planning to visit her, let's go there together.  You can tag along with us, Sehun-ah—”

“NO!”  The later turned her down flatly.

“I insist!”

“I said no—yah!  Kim Jongin, where are you going?” he yelled at Kai who was walking to the door.

“I'm going to see her.  Now,” he answered without looking back.

“You are skipping your classes for her?” he exclaimed in disbelief.

His steps slowed down for a while.  A smirk formed on his lips as he pace sped up again.  “Hell yeah!  I am!”

 

 

Jessica went to Lee & Co. early as soon as she got back to Seoul.  The building was still empty when she arrived since it was only 6:45am.  She entered the lift but its doors were stopped by a leather shoe, hence, it opened again.

“Good morning!” said the Lee cousins in unison.  They were beaming with eye-blinding gummy smiles.  They were expecting, really high, that Jessica would smile back.

“Guys, you look silly grinning like that,” she responded rather with a bored expression.

Donghae scowled instantly while Sunny pouted.  “Meanie!”  She stayed on Jessica's right side and he's on the left.  “I've never imagined the three of us coming to work together.  I hope we can do this every day,” Sunny said as they reached the top floor.

“Na-uh.  I'll be late tomorrow,” Donghae shrugged.

“No, you can't.  Who's going to drive for me?”

“Ask chauffer-ahjussi—”

Aigoo—they were arguing like kids, loud enough to destroy Jessica's ear drums.  This, probably, is the noisiest way to start their day.  Do they normally act like this when they're together?  She could only roll her eyes and volunteered to open the door to the President's office.  She halted when she remembered something.

Now that Sunny has returned, where will she stay?  Donghae is still using her office.

Should Sunny move back in and Donghae will be sent out? He'll stay and Sunny will just find another room to use. Jessica would be thrown out instead.

The third option will most likely happen because the two owned this company and Jessica was just no one.  Also, it's more favourable for her to leave.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter