Sweet Delights*

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In more than a week of living in the same roof with Sungmin, Sunny learnt a lot about him—how much he loves pink, how he wants things to be always as clean as white…that every furniture and appliances must be in order.

She didn’t expect him to be so neat-freak.  In a way, she became closer to him because of it.  She would give him a hand in doing the chores.  One time when she was cooking with him, she found out that he has a sweet tooth especially on chocolate-flavored pastries.

And now, she’s trying to bake for him.  While mixing the ingredients of the frosting, the cupcakes are already in the oven as she is also searching for cute toppings she could add on it.

“Kerry, do you think he will like these?” she asked the dog beside her yet it only stared at her when all this time, she’s expecting her to bark.

She dipped her index finger on the mixture and it.  “Ugh—it’s still bland,” she frowned and grabbed the syrup and sugar.  “Should I add chocolate syrup or sugar—?”

When she took her phone from the kitchen counter, it was Jessica who was calling her.  It’s been a while since they last talked.

“Hi.  What’s up?”

“What’s up?  That’s it?”  Jessica complained.  “Aren’t you even going to ask how I’ve been doing in your cousin’s lair?”

She smiled—she made her day again.  That’s the Jessica she knew—the one that always grumble over office works.  “How are you?”

“Heol~ If I hadn’t called, you wouldn’t know how miserable I’ve become because of that devilish guy.”

Speak of the devil, Donghae hasn’t talked to her yet—well partly it was her fault because she had forgotten to contact her family.

“What did he do to you?”

Out of the blue, Kerry barked at her.  She shushed her when Jessica became irritated of the noisy background.  Then, she ignored Kerry and focused on what her friend is saying.

“Can you believe it?  He’s making me do crazy stuff.  I think I would be mad…so come back here Sunny-ah—and save my sanity—and gosh!  Why am I even here at a sports club?—”

Though, Jessica isn’t vocal about her feelings, she knew that she missed her based on her tone.  She missed her, too…but— “I can’t—I still have to go to China.”

“What?  Where are you anyway?  And when will that vacation of yours end?  I still have another job to do…you know that Lee Sunny!  I might be needed there anytime now.”

Kerry barked again.  Geez…this dog.  She covered the mouth piece.  “Quiet, Kerry.”  The dog seemed to be troubled but that thought vanished as quickly as it entered her mind.  “I’m here at Tokyo—”

“Sunny, where’s that weird smell coming from?” Sungmin, suddenly, appeared in the kitchen—startling her.

“Yah!  Jyeneun Nuguya (Who is that)?”  Jessica tried to get her attention.

He sniffed the air.  “It smells like a burnt—”

“Yah—Wait—is that Sungmin-oppa you are with?  Lee Sunny!—”

Sunny diverted her attention on Sungmin and the… burning oven.  “OMONA!  The cupcakes in the oven,” she panicked that she left her phone on the table.  She grabbed the potholder and opened the appliance only to be assaulted by the thick smoke and fire from it.

“Awww—Awww—Ouch!” she groan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter