Thunder and Rain

Seven Year Gap [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                You sat around the long table at your dad’s place amongst the rest of exo. It was a lazy evening and as the unofficial co-manager of exo-k, you were here in this meeting helping out your dad with the workload.

 

                D.O sat beside you and occasionally gave you smiles and winks whenever you turned his head towards his direction. You pretended not to notice as much as possible as you sat awkwardly not only because of D.O’s unusual manner, but also because Kai was staring at you more intensely than usual. What has gotten into these boys? You thought as you exhaled a sigh and shifted your attention to the other members.

 

                You looked at the guy named Lay with the deep set dimples. He was the first exo-m member you met and at first you thought he was a fan, but now it all made sense. It had been a couple of days since Exo-m arrived. You hadn’t really gotten a chance to get to know then due to classes, but at the same time, they were also very busy with their schedules.

 

                “So that’s the plan for the next few weeks,” Your father concluded as he stood up and went into the kitchen for water. Conversation started amongst the boys; most of what consisted of food and new restaurants. I guess they’re all hungry.

 

                “Eunsung ah,” D.O whispered softly, “Are you hungry?”

 

                Taken aback at the lack of spaces between the both of you; you stuttered as your heart picked up its pace, “M-me?”

 

“Yes you.” He tapped your nose slightly. Kai watched the entire scene in front of him with his brows furrowed over his dark eyes. He was definitely not use to this new side of D.O. He growled underneath his breath and looked away in frustration.

 

Chanyeol saw Kai’s reaction and let out a defeated sigh. He had broken your promise and accidently told Kai who you really were and now Kai seemed to be more upset than usual whenever he saw D.O and you together.

 

“No, not really,” You replied with a small smile but just then your stomach betrayed you and growled loudly. Conversations at the table stopped as everyone turned to look at you and you cringed in embarrassment. A few members started teasing you like they always did and some of them chuckled at how cute you were.

 

“We should go to that new Baozi restaurant down the street,” Xiumin blurred out.

 

Luhan laughed and starting poking his cheeks, “You’re such a Baozi!”

 

“Stop it!” Xiumin protested cutely, “It’s all because of you that ours fans refer to me as baozi!”

“It’s not like you hate it,” Luhan smirked and stuck his tongue out.

 

“Eunsung ah,” D.O turned his attention away from those two bickering and back to you, “Do you want to have some baozi?”

 

“Oh…I’d love to but,” You looked D.O apologetically, “I promised Stella that we’d have a home cooked meal tonight…”

 

Almost immediately, Sehun raised his arm and shouted across the table, “I’LL JOIN!”

 

Baekhyun wacked the maknae’s head and was about to apologize for him before D.O suddenly voiced out, “Then can I come too?”

 

Oohs and aahs went around the table like viruses. You blushed as you ducked your head lower; you weren’t really used to being the center of the attention.

 

Kai stood up abruptly and went to his dorm without saying a word. He changed into a hoodie before swiftly slipping out of the house so none of the members would notice him and started questioning. As he stepped out of the building, the autumn air hit his face and he could smell various street foods around the area. The sky was already dark but he just wanted to go somewhere away from the dorm to take his mind off of you and D.O.

 

He didn’t know what he was feeling but whenever he was around you, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter