[Updating at 5:07 in the morning]

Seven Year Gap [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You dragged your feet over to the door yet again and opened it in a lazy manner. Out of all the people that you had expected to be at the door; it was Kai.

 

“Kai…” You whispered as you stood there for a moment, not knowing what to do.

 

He looked tired and worn out, like he just came from the gym. His hair was damp and his face was covered in a light layer of what looked to be sweat.

 

You gulped before you spoke again, “We need to talk.”

 

“I know” He huffed breathlessly, “I’m sorry I’ve been so distant lately.” Before he let out another word, a loud banging came from the kitchen that interrupted him.

 

You groaned as you shook your head at those immature kids that was mostly Sehun. Now that you thought about it, ever since Stella had moved into your apartment; there was not a single day that went by without Sehun’s constant whining and pestering.

 

“Are you guys cooking right now? So late?”

 

“I don’t know…maybe,” You heaved a sigh as you turned back to check to make sure the place was not on fire. So far so good, “I don’t know what they’re doing; a couple people are over right now.”

 

You thought about inviting him in but stopped when you realized who was over at the moment. You didn’t want Kai to feel hurt again when he sees Kikwang. Even though Kikwang was not the cause of Kai’s heart rending past, but he does have a blood connection to Jiyeon. Kai stood at the door awkwardly as he somewhat waited for you to invite him in.

 

“I guess this is not a good time..?” Kai asked as he scratched the back of his neck.

 

“Umm…” You wanted to say no but you knew better than anyone that if Kai saw Kikwang, he would definitely not be so overjoyed, “I’m sorry…not right now…”

 

“That’s fine.” Kai shrugged as he turned to leave.

 

Even though he said it was fine, you would detect the slightest disappointment in his eyes. It was barely noticeable, but after knowing and liking him for so long, small details of that person just kind of jump out at you. It was hard to miss.

 

A wave of guilt rushed through you as you watched him leave. Kai had finally made an effort to talk to you and now you just shot him down. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter